View Full Version : Questions about Coral Reef

Mnchknbrat1982
09-10-2007, 02:08 PM
For those of you that have ate at the Coral Reef in Disney World. I've
got a couple questions:

The Catfish and the Mahi Mahi...........are either of these very fishy
tasting? I can handle white fish, but don't like things that are very
fishy tasting.

Also how are they about substituting sides out?

Also how are the sea & land and new england cod cakes for appetizers?

KnJ
09-10-2007, 02:12 PM
I can only answer your Mahi Mahi question. We ate at the Coral Reef last night and I had it, and it is not fishy at all. I am a very picky eater and cannot stand it if it is too fishy. Enjoy!

Mnchknbrat1982
09-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the answer! I'm not real picky except when it comes to seafood. Were you able to substitute things pretty easily?

Blackened Catfish - served over pepper jack cheese grits, with smoked tomato compote, balsamic glaze

Grilled Mahi Mahi served over Israeli Couscous and Honey-Soy Glaze

The reason I ask is because if I get either of these I know I won't want everything they come with.............not a grits person for one, and I am not crazy about soy sauces.

I'm trying to decide if I should do the fish or just do something I know I'd like such as steak, pork chop, etc.

hildarumpole
09-10-2007, 02:27 PM
I had the catfish and it was delicious. Not fishy tasting at all. It's a bit spicy, but not overwhelming. I didn't ask about subbing the cheesy grits. They were an excellent companion to the catfish.

disnut1149
09-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Hi
I had the Mahi Mahi at two different times, and it wasn't fishy at all. You didn't even know that you were eating fish. It's delicious. I had it with mashed potatoes, since I didn't want the couscous. They were good about the substitution.:thumbsup2

mcrabeck
09-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Last year when we went, I had the Mahi- Mahi (It was really good) and asked if I could substitute the Au Grautin potatos. They said no problem!