PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickey's or Ohana's for Breakfast? Or other solutions?

CelestriaSky
09-10-2007, 01:29 PM
UGH!! It took SO long this year for me to get everyone on one page about where they wanted to eat and stuff that I didn't get my ADR's done until last week for the week of October 14. Luckily, we got most of what we wanted except the ONE thing I wanted. As a tradition, I always take DS (4) to Chef Mickey's - just him and me. The ONLY reservation I could get was 7:20 in the morning. It's doable, it would just totally stink - LOL. We're staying at Saratoga Springs. I was thinking instead of that, I would do Ohana's for breakfast - but is it comparable?! If not, are there any other suggestions? I want it to be an enjoyable and fun experience for us. If Chef Mickey's is the best - I'll take the 7:20 and keep calling back to see if there are any cancellations!

Thanks for any suggestions!

texasteacher35
09-10-2007, 01:31 PM
We are doing both of them! I think most of the food on the buffets is somewhat comparable! SOMEWHAT! Depends on the characters you want to see! One other consideration, what about Crystal Palace (MK) Pooh and friends for breakfast?? Just an idea! What are the times available for O'Hana? Any better than Chef Mickey's??

momofdbsdc
09-10-2007, 01:33 PM
We have done both and like Ohana but LOVE Chef Mickey's!!!!

MaryD73
09-10-2007, 01:48 PM
We went to Chef Mickeys on our last visit and was pleasantly surprised. There was the normal fare of eggs, bacon, and pancakes. But also some interesting alternatives like a vegetable lasagna my DBF loved and a apple salad I loved. I would recommend it.

OK, I must comment I was suprised to have a dessert bar at a breakfast. I confess - I did have the crepe with cherries on top. : ) But I do think it was odd that kids could have gummy bears with the eggs. And plenty of them were!

xnascar2x
09-10-2007, 01:55 PM
We did Ohana's on our last trip and loved it. The great thing about Ohana's is that it's served family style and you don't have to stand in a buffet line.

vasusan
09-10-2007, 05:58 PM
We prefer Chef Mickey to Ohana for breakfast. We like the variety of the buffet. We did not care for the preplated food at Ohana. The food at Ohana was not as fresh our day and we did not like having to wait to get what we wanted.

CelestriaSky
09-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Thanks everyone! I think I'm going to keep Chef Mickey's and keep calling back for a better time! I didn't realize Ohana's was preplated. I LOVE the buffet at Chef Mickey's and don't want to mess too much with a good thing I guess! Do you think I'll be able to get in on a cancellation?!!?

MsStinkerBelle
09-11-2007, 09:29 AM
We did Ohana's on our last trip and loved it. The great thing about Ohana's is that it's served family style and you don't have to stand in a buffet line.

That is what my family loves about 'Ohana (well, that and the lilikoi juice) which is why it's our #1 favorite breakfast. :thumbsup2 We love Chef Mickey's too and it's a tradition to do that one on our first full day at the World. The variety at Chef Mickey is great but we prefer 'Ohana.