PDA

View Full Version : So much food so little time....

Deffenm
09-10-2007, 10:57 AM
We just got back from enjoying free dining at WDW from Sept. 1 - 8th.
It was me, dh, and our 3 children. We ate at the following places:

Table Services
Chef Mickey's - Dinner
WCC - Lunch
San Angel Inn - Lunch
50's Prime Time - Dinner
Boatwrights - Dinner
Kona's - Breakfast
Ohana's - Dinner
Coral Reef - Dinner

Counter Service
Pizzafari
POR Millside food court
Pizza Planet
Cosmic Ray's
Earl of Sandwich
Sunshine Season

Chef Mickey's was a huge hit. My dh does not like WDW (he only goes because he loves me) and he enjoyed this meal. We all loved the food and the character interaction was great. I think we will eat dinner here our first night from now on.

WCC - We ate lunch here. It was OK. I had the nachos as my app. and DH had the Quesidella. The nachos were great, dh app was OK. DH had a salad, and I had a turkey sandwich for our meal. I couldn't really eat my sandwich because I was full from the nachos. DH salad was OK. The kids got Mac n cheese and the skillet. We were too full to eat dessert. The kids participated in the pony race. Our waiter was not really into it although some of the others were and they were very loud!! I don't think we would go back because the food was not that great. I would go just to get the nachos but not eat a whole meal.

San Angel Inn - The food was OK but the service was really bad. I had to ask 3 times for a kids menu. I had the nachos as my meal with no app. or dessert (did not like any of the options) and DH and the Sope Trad. as app, salad for meal, and rice pudding for desert. DH ate everything. He said it was OK but he was starving so he would have eaten anything. The kids had Mahi Mahi, and quesidella's. They ate it all.

50's Prime Time - I had the herb chesse, pot roast, and brownie sundae. It was all so good. I shared the brownie sundae with the kids because they all got something off the already plated section. I think the kids got the pasta with chicken. DH had onion rings, steak, and cobbler. He really enjoyed his meal as well. Our waitress was great and the kids loved picking on her. Everyone agreed they wanted to come back here.

Boatwrights - We ate here as we were staying at POR. I got the romaine salad, filet, and banana foster angel food cake, DH got prime ride, crawfish cakes, and I don't remember his desert. I don't remember what the kids got I do know they did not eat very much and I got them fruit salad for their desert and we took it back to the room for breakfast. My DH liked the crawfish cakes and my dessert was good but other then that it was not all that great. The meat had little to no flavor at all. The corn bread was good too.

Kona's - The dson's did the pirate cruise so we had Kona's for breakfast. I had the tonga toast. It was good. It tasted like a thick elephant ear to me. My dh had the big Kahuna. He did a fishing excursion early that morning so he was starving. He ate every bite. We really enjoyed this breakfast. I want to come back here for dinner sometime.

Ohana's - We had dinner here our last night. The food was really good. I didn't really like the turkey or sausage but the steak and pork were great. My boys loved the sicky wings. They ate 2 bowls. I loved the potates and dessert was so good. I just wish they would bring out desert first. The night of joy was taking place this night so no wishes. We did see the electric night parade, the kids did the coconut race, hula dance, and had a great time. We will be back for sure.

Coral Reef - It was really crowded when we arrived and I heard several people complain so I was worried. We got seated in no time, had seats right next to the aquarium. I had arranged a diver sign to welcome our 2 newest children to the family and inlcluded DS6 as well. The kids loved it.
We had the lobster soup for app. - wonderful, I had the steak, potatoes, and brocollini, DH had the shrimp pasta and the kids and chicken breast, and mashed potatoes with brocolli. Everyone loved their meals. DH and the choclate wave, I had the citrius creme brulee and the kids ice cream sundaes. They were all delicious I was just too full to eat much. DH even finished half of my steak. We would come back here as well.

As far as the counter service meals. Pizza planet is a great value and preatty good food. We really like the Itilian sandwich at Pizzafari. Cosmic rays was not that good. They did not have every section open so you could only get burgers or the chicken. No soup or sandwiches. The POR food court had OK food but it was very limited. I like the food courts at the value resorts much better. Earl of Sandwich was great. Next time I may have to eat here twice. I just got a breakfast sandwhich while waiting for DH and DS's to finish riding Soarin. DD is too short by 2 inches. The sandwich was good. Hot and fresh.

My DH really enjoyed sitting down and eating and my kids enjoyed all the ice cream. We still had 1 counter service left at the end of our trip and 6 snack credits. I ended up buying 6 Mickey rice krisipie treats at the gift shop before we left.

let me know if there are any questions.

whogirl'smom
09-10-2007, 05:06 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Coral Reef was good for you. We are going there for DH's bday on 10/10 and have a diver arranged also. You hear so many different reviews of this place, you never know what to expect, but I thought it would be worth it just for the atmosphere, diver and personalized menu for a special occasion. I hope the food is still up to par when we get there! Thanks for your reviews!

sandybobandy
09-10-2007, 06:18 PM
thanks for sharing! Great reviews!

Minniespal
09-11-2007, 05:43 AM
Enjoyed reading your reviews, thanks for sharing.

jeannief
09-11-2007, 08:26 AM
Chef Mickey's - Dinner
50's Prime Time - Dinner
Ohana's - Dinner

Counter Service
Pizzafari
Pizza Planet
Cosmic Ray's
Earl of Sandwich
Sunshine Season

Thanks for the review... we are eating at the above places and it's nice to see a positive review for Prime Time and Ohana's... I've been getting scared!
We did Kona last year for dinner and the food was good. Service was indifferent but not so that it ruined the meal.
What did you get at Sunshine Seasons?
thanks! And congratulations on the newest additions! What a wonderful way to mark your new family.

Deffenm
09-11-2007, 09:20 AM
I only got a breakfast sandwhich and danish at Sunshine Seasons. DD is too short to ride Soarin so her and I ate breakfast while we waited for DH and DS's to ride. It was hot and good.