PDA

View Full Version : Harford County Maryland Residents Meet

GinnyFavers
09-10-2007, 10:51 AM
There seem to be a whole bunch of us DISers here in Harford County, MD! I was just talking to a lady from Bel Air and we were thinking maybe of getting a meet together here one day in October.

Is there anyone else out there that would like to do this?

One suggestion was going to the Rainforest Cafe at the mall in Towson, another was having a picnic at a local park.

Is this the best place to announce something?

PM me if you'd like to be notified or help plan. :goodvibes

ClarabelleCowFan
09-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Bumping!

Count us in for a DIS meet.

chrysdrew
09-16-2007, 06:42 PM
I would be interested. I am not in Harford, I am in Baltimore, but I would like to try to come. :cool1:

GinnyFavers
09-16-2007, 07:58 PM
OK that makes three of us!

Now that this has a bump, maybe a couple more people will respond. I'm saving everyone to my Buddy List, and I guess I'll send out a PM in a couple weeks and see if we can agree on somewhere and time to meet!

ClarabelleCowFan
09-17-2007, 07:57 AM
You may want to post on the Community Board with a link to this thread.

:)

Kelley

LadyyRedd
09-17-2007, 04:10 PM
I'd be interested! I'm Frederick, but don't mind coming out that way for a meet, that would be fun! I like Rainforest Cafe. :teeth:

Kimya

"Ginger"
09-17-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm from Harford Co. Md, Joppa.
I'd love to join in on a meet.:thumbsup2

Tigger&Belle
09-17-2007, 08:45 PM
I'm not in Harford County, but would be interested in meeting.

Mickeyluver37
09-17-2007, 09:11 PM
I'm in A.A. County but would love to join if it fits in with my kids' sports schedule- October is kinda packed already!

mamamary
09-18-2007, 07:47 AM
Oct. is also very busy for me but def. keep me informed. I'm in Abingdon.

goofyforlife
09-18-2007, 08:33 AM
One suggestion was going to the Rainforest Cafe at the mall in Towson,

OOOOOH I'm game for there..... I'll bring Kimya if she wants...

ClarabelleCowFan
09-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Oct. is also very busy for me but def. keep me informed. I'm in Abingdon.

:yay: Hi Neighbor! We are in Bel Air.

mamamary
09-18-2007, 11:26 AM
:yay: Hi Neighbor! We are in Bel Air.

Hi right back at ya:wave2:

disney1990
09-18-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm near Washington. We are going to WDW in October for Food and Wine, but I would be interested if we are in town when you have the meet.

mickeyfan2
09-20-2007, 06:44 AM
I would be interested.

GinnyFavers
09-20-2007, 08:49 AM
OK folks, there's about 20 people now on my Harford County DIS buddy list who say they'd like to come to a meet!

I would like to get a response by this weekend of who could come to a meet at Swan Harbor Farm's Swanfest in Havre de Grace on Sunday, Oct. 14 for 12:30 p.m.

The festival is open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., but I figured we could all get some food from the various food booths and picnic together at 12:30 p.m. I was thinking about making a big lime green Mickey icon on posterboard and sticking it up in the air, to find you all!

Here is the website about it:
http://www.aberdeenpr.com/Programs/swanfest.htm

I would appreciate a "sorry I can't come" if you can't attend, so I know you got this message.

I'm posting this to both DIS threads, too!

Have a great day, everybody!

mickeyfan2
09-20-2007, 09:07 AM
I'll let you know once I talk to DH.

Breezy_Carol
09-20-2007, 09:25 AM
Hi gang.

I am not in Harford County but just north in Cecil. I know there are several of us on the boards too. Not sure if I can make October 14. The fall is so full of football. I may try though if it is a nice day.

debbi801
09-20-2007, 10:13 AM
There seem to be a whole bunch of us DISers here in Harford County, MD! I was just talking to a lady from Bel Air and we were thinking maybe of getting a meet together here one day in October.

Is there anyone else out there that would like to do this?

One suggestion was going to the Rainforest Cafe at the mall in Towson, another was having a picnic at a local park.

Is this the best place to announce something?

PM me if you'd like to be notified or help plan. :goodvibes

Can I join if I live in Baltimore County? :goodvibes

Any weekend but October 13 & 14 would work for me. We're going to Colorfest that weekend in Thurmont.

Raenstoirm
09-20-2007, 01:21 PM
I am interested as well. I live the Kentlands (Gaithersburg/North Potomac) a few miles northwest of DC in Montgomery county.

Tigger&Belle
09-20-2007, 01:40 PM
I am interested as well. I live the Kentlands (Gaithersburg/North Potomac) a few miles northwest of DC in Montgomery county.

:wave2: I live in Montgomery Village.

As to the meet I'm going to try and make it, but we have ballgames that afternoon, so I very likely won't be able to. I'll put it on my calendar, though, and will make it if I can.

mickeyfan2
09-24-2007, 08:57 AM
We can't make it. Maybe next time.

GinnyFavers
09-24-2007, 10:01 AM
Hi everyone,

Not a single person could come on Oct. 14th for sure, so as they say in Philly, "Fogeddaboudit".

I am going to PM my list about something else when I can think of it! In the meantime, if anyone would like my list of the 20+ people who responded wanting to know when there is something, I'd be happy to share! Just PM me!

I guess a meet will have to be called several months in advance if it's on a weekend... not sure if the problem is worse during the warm months, probably so.

We all seem to book ourselves pretty solid these days, I know between work and my mother in law and stuff my husband wants to do, I have a hard time finding free days, too.

Anyways, a shout out to all the HC/greater Baltimore folk! :wave2:

Glendamax
10-01-2007, 04:15 AM
Hey! I'm not in Harford County either but would love to meet. Will check back for details!

:wave:

I'mNoPrince
10-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Add us to the list as well. We are always up that way playing soccer Fallston Rec center the day that was canceled (too bad would have worked great).

We are in the City so can go just about anywhere.

LaraK
10-09-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm a bit south here in Annapolis, but I'm usually up for a good meet.

mommy2aprincess4
10-25-2007, 11:18 PM
I'm in Glen Burnie but would love to meet up. Will keep checking back.