PDA

View Full Version : fried herb cheese at 50's Prime Time -

tfoster
09-10-2007, 10:47 AM
is it enough for a meal (lunch)? Sounds like it might be, but I'm hoping people who have actually tried or seen it can share their thoughts. Do you get a good share of the fruit with it or just a couple of pieces?

Thanks!

dodukes
09-10-2007, 10:51 AM
There is no way for me at least that it would be a full meal. But that is me. I have apic somewhere i can post when i get home.

yearbook50
09-10-2007, 11:33 AM
When I go to Prime Time in October - I'm only planning on getting the Fried Herb Cheese and Dessert. That will be more than enough for me to eat for a lunch. Last june we got a full bundle of grapes with the cheese.

Dinner - not so much.

BabyPiglet
09-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Depends on your appetite, or your normal eating patterns. :)

tfoster
09-10-2007, 12:00 PM
I'd love to see a pic if you can find it, dodukes.

That's what I was thinking of doing too, yearbook50.

We're going there the last day of our trip (the same day we're flying out) and I think I might be so stuffed from all of the other restaurants that I won't be able to handle another full appetizer-entree meal. Problem is I REALLY want to try that fried herb cheese! :goodvibes

loveshak22
09-10-2007, 12:30 PM
I was there in January and thought the fried cheese was fabulous. But it would definitely not be enough food for me for lunch or dinner. I'm a big eater though. I can't remember how much fruit I got with the cheese but I remember eating it as an appetizer and thinking "man I wish I had more!"

Maybe the cheese and dessert would be enough for lunch, although I was disappointed by the desserts there. I can't remember the name of the dessert I had and I don't see it on the on-line menu right now, but it was a brownie with ice cream, chocolate sauce, m&m's and toffee popcorn! It sounded interesting and so I gave it a try. The brownie was nasty and the ice cream was all melty. My husband got the s'mores and it was a little better but the marshmallows were cold and they weren't toasted enough even before they got cold so it wasn't very s'more like. It was just a marshmallow on top of a graham cracker with some chocolate on it.

Given that opinion I guess cheese and dessert may not sound too appetizing! :rotfl: Maybe the cheese and a milkshake--those are pretty good!

dodukes
09-10-2007, 12:56 PM
tfoster, ill look when i get home and pm you. wont be till later on tonigh tho.

disnut8
09-10-2007, 03:51 PM
I am not a big eater at all. I usually will just order an appetizer for dinner. The fried cheese would not hold me for more than an hour. It's very good but it's not enough for a meal. That's my opinion but I'm considered the Queen of the Appetizer for Dinner.

Sammy
09-10-2007, 03:54 PM
I'll chime in and say that I loved the fried cheese for an appetizer, but no way would it have been enough for a meal. The cheese portion was smaller than a hockey puck and it came with 4 thin slices of baguette toast (about 1 x 4 inches long) and some grapes/strawberries. Yummy....but small!

dodukes
09-10-2007, 04:25 PM
As promised, here is a pic from our june trip:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/dodukes/IMG_4038.jpg

tfoster
09-10-2007, 05:46 PM
I can't wait to get it. Maybe I'll have it with the Caesar salad! :goodvibes

Thanks so much for posting the picture. I really appreciate it!

kileybeth
09-10-2007, 08:23 PM
and that is exactly what it looked like just last week. It was one of the best things I had on our entire trip!

The fried cheese I would equate to about the size of an average crab cake maybe? It was delish.

enough for a meal? depends on heat and hunger level. I had it with a milkshake and definitely did not want my dinner.

I also got the smores just to see what they were like and the choclate was melted well but the marshmellows cooled off to quickly and could have been toasted more. I only at 2/8 of it (2 marshmellows) It all fits on one graham cracker.

marsh0013
09-10-2007, 08:40 PM
that's so funny that 2 people have posted that their smores marshmallows weren't toasted enough. because when i ordered it, it was perfect! maybe if you're worried, ask to make sure the marshmallows are toasted well. or maybe your waiter/tress will tell you you're being too much of a pain :rolleyes1