PDA

View Full Version : What kind of bag/purse do you carry ??

disneymomof1
09-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Last year I carried a Travelon small messenger bag as my purse for our trip. Of course never thinking that there were magnets in there to keep flap closed. Our tickets/room key kept getting demagnetized !!! Help, what kind of small across the body bag do you carry. I have a four year old, I will just be carrying wallet, sunscreen, handiwipes, chapstick and camera and small first aid kit. Nothing to big or to small, Any Suggestions??

Elmo888
09-09-2007, 05:01 PM
I have an Overland Equipment Placer that I love. It is small messenger style with no magnets! Only zippers and velcro. It might be a tad small, but I don't put a wallet in it. It has an organizer flap with a zipper pouch - I used that for my id, cc, tickets, and money. I don't find that I need a wallet on vacation because I don't need all of those store discount cards! The flap can flop open and nothing falls out because of the zippered pouch - loved that. And there is a pocket in the flap for a pen, one for sunglasses, and one where I kept my cell phone. Besides the flap, it has a main zippered compartment which is good sized (for sunscreen, camera, etc.) The only things that I am not sure would fit are handiwipes (depending on size) and small first aid kid (how small?). Check ebags for deals.

logansmummy
09-09-2007, 05:50 PM
I went to Ebags.com and bought a baggalini it is PERFECT and water resistant. YEA! It holds everything and more.......

DisneyMomx7
09-09-2007, 07:10 PM
I have my "Disney bag" it's a mini LeSportsac backpack. I only use it for Disney and I love it! Very light, keeps my arms free and easy to manage.

Scuttle
09-09-2007, 08:54 PM
My DP purchased an awesome bag this summer from advice from others on the DIS's budget boards. I am sure that the awesome deal is over, but the bag still exists (and in much cooler prints now too - like the one shown below!)

Go to REI.com and put in Overland Equipment Donner Bag

It has plenty of room for me to carry stuff for my three 3 year olds for daily activities. Unfortunately for us, going to Disney will require a bit bigger bag. But it would be perfect for one!

HTH :cool2:

SalandJeff
09-10-2007, 02:40 PM
I use a small Travelon also, and have never had this problem. I LOVE mine.

Maybe you just need to put the cards in a section away from the magnet? Or in a small change purse? Just a suggestion so you won't have to spend money a new bag!

ess
09-10-2007, 07:04 PM
I have the small Travelon bag also and never had that problem.