PDA

View Full Version : Going through security with a stroller

Tink561
09-09-2007, 12:50 PM
It's been forever since I needed a stroller at Disney and I don't remember... I'm going to be taking my Maclaren and plan to stuff things in the basket underneath once we get off the bus at the parks. Will I need to empty them out for security or will they just look through my bag? I'm asking because I plan to put as much stuff as I can underneath so I don't have a huge diaper bag to deal with.

thanks!

Mom2m&k
09-09-2007, 01:02 PM
We just had to pull out the diaper bag. There was misc. stuff under there but I don't think they really paid any attention to it. Hope you have a great time!

tjlovespooh
09-09-2007, 01:06 PM
If it's a bag(s) that you'll have in the basket, then yes - you'll need to take them out and unzip every pocket to have them checked out. Security checks vary very much - sometimes I had to unzip my insulated bottle holder for it to be checked and other times I didn't. Generally, I would say that security checks were more strict in the mornings than at any other time of day - at least that was our experience. I had a skip hop saddlebag attached to the side of our stroller and the security officers checked that every time. We didn't keep anything in the stroller basket other than souveniers when leaving the park, but I would assume that if your stuff is visible and not kept inside a bag of some sort - then you shouldn't need to take it all out when getting into the parks.
Have fun:thumbsup2

tjmw2727
09-09-2007, 01:26 PM
If you have a few things loose in the basket underneath I don't think they will bother with them but it depends on the CM. All bags will have to be opened and as a pp said all compartments viewed so you can't leave a bag in the basket.

When we used WDW buses with a stroller/diaper bag, etc. I found it best to use a backpack. Prior to getting to the bus stop have everything in the backpack so you can wear that and carry the folded stroller onto the bus. Then when you get to the park just carry the backpack until after security and then load up the stroller. Then reverse the procedure when heading out for the day so your not in line trying to pack the backpack and fold the stroller as the bus is pulling up.

TJ

SnowWhite12
09-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Both times we had to fold the stroller and put it through the x-ray machine. So, yes we had to take everything out of the basket underneath.

tjmw2727
09-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Both times we had to fold the stroller and put it through the x-ray machine. So, yes we had to take everything out of the basket underneath.

I think the OP means the bag check at WDW not the security screening at the airport.

TJ

Tink561
09-09-2007, 01:36 PM
I think the OP means the bag check at WDW not the security screening at the airport.

TJ

Yes, sorry for the confusion. I meant the parks.

Tink561
09-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Thank you all!

jagafen
09-09-2007, 03:28 PM

TJ

But thanks for answering, because I thought "airport security" when I began reading this thread!!!

Princess Roo
09-09-2007, 04:05 PM
It varied a lot for us, too, regarding how carefully the stroller was checked going through security.

One suggestion for the stuff "loose" in the bottom of the stroller is to pack it in the gallon ziplock bags. We used one for diaper-change related stuff, one for maps/papers/etc, one for snacks... Since they're clear, they can get inspected quickly, too. Then we just carry one small bag with the valuables and things we need on the rides.