PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Sentinel Restaurant Inspections

fla4fun
09-09-2007, 06:27 AM
I didn't see this anywhere else, but I found it interesting. On the Sentinel's website today, there's an article and link to restaurant inspections. If you put in 32830, you pretty much get everything on Disney property. Some of them make for an interesting read.

Of course, you can put in other zip codes in the area if you are interested in off property restaurants as well.

Nadine&Scott
09-09-2007, 11:05 AM
I saw that as well, still not sure what to make of it. It is certainly the inspectors job to find some sort of violation in every restaurant inspected. I would not necessarily avoid a restaurant with more violations than another based solely on the reports but it is nice to know which restaurants seem to continually have the same violations. I have walked into and right out of restaurants that I feel are not clean, but until restaurants let customers inspect the kitchen prior to dining we will just have to trust that inspectors are doing their jobs and restaurants theirs.

Scott

fla4fun
09-09-2007, 01:19 PM
To be honest, I was pleasantly surprised that most of the restaurants in the Disney area fared better than most in other areas. You should see how bad the ones are in the zip code where I work! I am so glad I brown bag! Of course, as mentioned in the article, if the restaurant is still open, any issues have been resolved. It's just interesting info.

disneyfav4ever
09-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Does anyone have a link?

brooke1
09-09-2007, 05:55 PM
try this, just put in the name of resturant and remember to put florida as the state....

https://www.myfloridalicense.com/wl11.asp?mode=1&SID=&brd=H&typ=

brooke:surfweb:

mgilmer
09-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Here is the link to my thread I started on this earlier.
The Orlando link is included in the first post.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1576064

Uncleromulus
09-10-2007, 04:34 AM
Interesting, but likely to be similar in any area of the country. I wouldn't let anything I read here dissuade me from eating at ANY WDW restarant!