PDA

View Full Version : 8 1/2 hours till we leave & dd4 is sick!

mommyof2princesses
09-08-2007, 07:05 PM
She has croup. got is sometime on Thursday. Today has been the worst day. Hopefully she can sleep it off in the car during the 9 hour drive. Can't cancell. :( Anyone know where I can go in Disney if she gets worse?

chb
09-08-2007, 07:15 PM
I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but I hope she is doing much better tomorrow.

Lisa loves Pooh
09-08-2007, 07:24 PM
There is an urgent care clinic in celebration.

Whatever hotel you check in at should be able to direct you to the closest facility. :)

if she has a bad cough, I would count on that visit being part of your trip so that she can have the proper medication if OTC or herbal meds are not working for her.

Lisa loves Pooh
09-08-2007, 07:47 PM
http://www.floridahospital.org/bhs/map.htm

Lake Buena Vista Centra Care
(Near Downtown Disney)
12500 South Apopka Vineland Rd
Orlando, FL 32836
407/934-CARE (2273)
Mon - Fri: 8 am - 12 midnight
Sat & Sun: 8 am - 8 pm

mommyof2princesses
09-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Thanks. She is sleeping right now with the humidifier. I just want her to feel better. If we have to stop somewhere on the way there we will. I have her insurance card packed. Well, off to bed. Here's hoping for the magic of disney!

Mouse House Mama
09-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Centra Care is wonderful. We have used them many times.

MSSANDRA
09-09-2007, 07:06 AM
Too late now but i would have called her own DR. before you left. Most all have after hour services, and you could have gotten her a perscription to fill ASAP. our DS's dr. has always told us to cll them even own vaction. They know your child best and can often call you something in or refer you to a dr. at your location. Prayers that she is better now.

slo
09-09-2007, 07:51 AM
I"m so sorry to hear this :guilty:

I hope she gets better so you can have a wonderful trip:wizard:

annie1995
09-09-2007, 08:03 AM
Ooohh, I hope she is feeling better soon!!! Nothing worse then someone sick on vacation, especially at Disney. Good Luck:grouphug:

K and K's Mommy
09-09-2007, 09:33 AM
You have probably already left, but we've had croup a couple of times. First time, it scared me to death!! Anyway, it runs its course in 3 or 4 days, and then you are left with a cold. We have never been prescribed any medicine for it. Best of luck! She should be better soon.

Aliceacc
09-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Croup is glorified laryngytis; it's not nearly as horrible as it sounds.

When you get to the hotel, get some kiddie tylenol or something.

If she has a problem during the night, use your judgement of course. But sitting with the child on my lap on the bathroom floor (closed door) with the shower on HOT always helped; the steam cuts through the gunk and helps them to breath.

Of course, if you're unsure, then 911 is the way to go.

Best wishes! I hope she's better and you all have a wonderful trip!

PollyannaMom
09-10-2007, 06:57 AM
Am sure the OP has already left, but in case anyone else is reading this for the same issue - DS's doc had us give him Benadryl on croupy nights, and it really helped!

disneyandme
09-10-2007, 07:18 PM
"Croup is glorified laryngytis; it's not nearly as horrible as it sounds"

Sorry, but this is not quite true. Croup is a swelling of the upper airway. If it swells too much it can close off the throat. Yes, most kids have 2-3 bad nights and it clears on it's own, but don't write it off as not being to bad because it can get bad very quickly. Some kids require steriods to keep the swelling down.