PDA

View Full Version : A Baby's Best Friend - just how clean are their items?

1rockinmamato2
09-08-2007, 05:52 PM
I think we'll either need booster chair seats or high chairs for our trip. It would make things so much easier for us.

But, I'm a germaphobe, and I just want to make sure they are as clean as they say they are. I know the trays can be washed, but do they clean every nook and cranny?

By the way, I'm one of those high chair and shopping cart cover types. ;)

MisMikiNikiLynne
09-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Just invest in a tub of lysol wipes and you will be fine. I bring them with me everywhere and I wipe everything down once we enter the motel room, and before we sit down to eat. I am germaphobic too as I have a DD (9) with very low immunity.
Right now Target has a 3 pack of lysol wipes in the school supply area on clearance for $4+ a GREAT deal!

GraysMom
09-08-2007, 10:47 PM
I'm a little OCD about avoiding germs, and I was very pleased with the crib and stroller we rented from ABBF in May. Both items were immaculate, wrapped in plastic, and in very good condition. I brought my own crib sheet from home and just put it on top of the sheet they provided.

Oh, and I use the cart cover, Table Toppers and about a tub of antibacterial hand wipes each week :rolleyes1 . DH said if I was pleased with the cleanliness of the items, then everyone else should be fine (he's conviced I'm the only one concerned about DS2 touching germy surfaces and then eating :eek: ).

I also take along the Chlorox wipes to wipe down the phone, bathroom, door handles/locks, light switches, tables, etc, as a PP mentioned. You might want to look for something called Sani Wipes at your grocery store. They come in a red and white canister (like the Chlorox wipes) and they're usually located by the regular hand wipes. The Sani Wipes are safe to use on eating surfaces without washing the surface off (unlike the Chlorox wipes). I even packed some of these in a baggie for the plane (can we say nasty flying germ machine?).

1rockinmamato2
09-09-2007, 05:22 AM
I'm a little OCD about avoiding germs, and I was very pleased with the crib and stroller we rented from ABBF in May. Both items were immaculate, wrapped in plastic, and in very good condition. I brought my own crib sheet from home and just put it on top of the sheet they provided.

Oh, and I use the cart cover, Table Toppers and about a tub of antibacterial hand wipes each week :rolleyes1 . DH said if I was pleased with the cleanliness of the items, then everyone else should be fine (he's conviced I'm the only one concerned about DS2 touching germy surfaces and then eating :eek: ).

I also take along the Chlorox wipes to wipe down the phone, bathroom, door handles/locks, light switches, tables, etc, as a PP mentioned. You might want to look for something called Sani Wipes at your grocery store. They come in a red and white canister (like the Chlorox wipes) and they're usually located by the regular hand wipes. The Sani Wipes are safe to use on eating surfaces without washing the surface off (unlike the Chlorox wipes). I even packed some of these in a baggie for the plane (can we say nasty flying germ machine?).

I'm very obsessive when it comes to protecting my kids from germs as well. I love Clorox wipes, Lysol Kitchen Cleaner, Clorox Hard Surface Cleaner, antibacterial hand wipes and antibacterial hand gel. Oh, and good ol' soap and water when possible. :love:

I wash my hands after each child's diaper change, after I go potty, before I feed the kids and before I feed myself. DS2 loves to wash his hands before he eats - thank goodness.

I'm glad to know ABBF's items are clean. I just wouldn't be able to have my child use a high chair that had a previous baby's half-chewed graham crackers stuck to it. :crazy2:

Also, thanks for telling me about the Sani Wipes. I've never heard of them before, but I will definitely look for those.