PDA

View Full Version : Soon

RJO
09-08-2007, 04:10 PM
We are coming to WDW for the first time Nov 7...we are a male 53 and female 51 and we have saved for 8 years for this trip...Disney has been a DREAM for me all my life...but...life got in the way...also son 24 and Girlfriend will be coming with us...maybe...just maybe we will be lucky enough to get a dream come true from Disney...to wax poetetically if I may...I used to watch "Wonderful World Of Disney" every Sunday as a child and young adult with dreams of going there some day...we are staying at CSR
All I can say is we have a count down going and CANNOT wait until Nov 7, 2007 at 5:30 am when we leave for WDW!!!!!:

wdwmaw
09-08-2007, 04:24 PM
I am so happy for you. I am a hillbilly from Eastern Ky. and that world is not very big. I now live in central Ky. and it took us 4 years to save to take our kids to Disney and we were hooked. All of our extra money goes to disney trips and it is truly a dream come true. Remember, just have fun and evjoy every minute. You will not get it all done so don't try, just be in the moment and I too hope you pixie dust, you deserve it !!

ILoveDisney&Cruising
09-08-2007, 04:58 PM
That is so great! I know you will have a fabulous time. Enjoy!!!

MaryD73
09-08-2007, 05:53 PM
I am so excited for you! You will have a wonderful and magical trip. I second what 'wdwmaw' said and just enjoying yourself. Don't hurry to see everything. Take your time and just enjoy the experience and being together. Too many people just run from ride to ride.

I recently returned from my first trip with by DBF and his son. It was a momentous trip for me and we did have a couple of those magical moments. They all occured when we were just lollygagging and enjoying just being there. They were not prizes but little things the CMs did to make our day more memorable.

Something magical will happen for you too. I know it. Enjoy!!!

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
09-08-2007, 06:17 PM
We are coming to WDW for the first time Nov 7...we are a male 53 and female 51 and we have saved for 8 years for this trip...Disney has been a DREAM for me all my life...but...life got in the way...also son 24 and Girlfriend will be coming with us...maybe...just maybe we will be lucky enough to get a dream come true from Disney...to wax poetetically if I may...I used to watch "Wonderful World Of Disney" every Sunday as a child and young adult with dreams of going there some day...we are staying at CSR
All I can say is we have a count down going and CANNOT wait until Nov 7, 2007 at 5:30 am when we leave for WDW!!!!!:

Your comment about watching Wonderful World of Disney tugged at my heart because I was in front of the TV at 7pm every Sunday waiting for Tinkerbell to start the fireworks over the castle. It was a dream of mine since I was a tyke to go to WDW but I didn't until I had girls of my own!

I hope your trip is filled with magic moments and pixie dust! Please make sure to watch Wishes at the Magic Kingdom, right in the middle of Main St. near the Ice Cream Parlor or closer to the castle. Anyone who was a "Disney kid" will truly appreciate it ;)

phyllis1966
09-08-2007, 06:17 PM
I agree with the previous poster who said not to run from ride to ride - enjoy your surroundings! Two of our greatest pleasures are:

- looking at and smelling the beautiful and abundant roses and all types of flowers all aound WDW, and

- taking in the amazing attention to detail throughout the 4 parks, from the ancient looking buildings and pathways in the Animal Kingdom (AK), to the differences in background music playing in the lands of the Magic Kingdom (MK), to the authentic-looking surroundings and ride-queues of WDW's many great attractions.

Have a great time - I was 30 when my husband and I first went to WDW together...it was love at first sight! Now our young daughter loves it as much as we do and we've gone back quite a few times since that first childless trip. You certainly don't have to be a kid to love WDW!

:sunny:

mickeybrat
09-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Have fun and enjoy evey minute with Mickey and your family.

Tikihula
09-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Hi RJO,

You'll be arriving on my birthday, and I hope you'll have a wonderful, magical time. I'm in your age group and also remember spending Sunday evenings with Walt and Tinkerbell, as well as weekday evenings at 5pm with all the Mouseketeers. Here's hoping your first vacation won't be your last, and remember, you can always come back again in another 8 years (if you have to wait that long). Have fun!!!