PDA

View Full Version : Visa Discount

bearette
09-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Does the disney visa give discounts on food? If so where and how much is the discount?

Jennifer03
09-08-2007, 01:38 PM
If you use your visa card at certain food locations, you receive 10% off your total. I don't have the entire list, but I do know that Carnation Cafe offers this discount.

mommy2allyandaveri
09-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Rancho Del Zocalo, Carnation Cafe and Redd Rockett's Pizza Port in DL or Pizza Oom Mow Mow, Wine Country Trattoria and the Vineyard Room at DCA does 10% off but you don't have to pay with your disney visa you just have to show it. Some of the CM's will give you a hard time and will try to say you have to pay with it but you don't. You also get 10% off purchases over $50 at some of the stores in DL and DCA as well as world of disney in DTD.

bearette
09-09-2007, 12:03 PM
Are those the only places and is there a limit you have to spend to get the food discount?
Thanks

disneyfaninaz
09-09-2007, 01:45 PM
No mimum amount. Here's the complete list.

10% off at the following DisneylandŽ Resort dining locations DisneylandŽ Park
Rancho del Zocalo
Carnation Café
Redd Rockett's Pizza Port

Disney's California AdventureŽ Park
Pizza Oom Mow Mow
Wine Country Trattoria
The Vineyard Room

DisneylandŽ Resort Hotels
Yamabuki
Granville's Steakhouse: 6 PM to 10 PM only
Disney's PCH Grill

MKKplus2
09-10-2007, 01:50 PM
Tried to use it Pizza Oom Mow Mow and was told by the CM that I needed to purchase a minimum of $10 I believe. It was more than the one kids meal for my daughter so I didn't get the 10% off.

mommy2allyandaveri
09-10-2007, 01:58 PM
I think it depends on the CM you get because the rules and restrictions are listed on Disney Visa's website and that is NOT a restriction.

Magix
09-10-2007, 04:19 PM
But, it DOES say that you have to pay with your Visa or Rewards card. So, mommy2allyandaveri, you've been getting a good deal if you've gotten the discount without using one of the cards to pay.

bearette
09-10-2007, 06:36 PM
If you have the deluxe (or is it premium) pass does it include more places then those?

Rapunsel
09-11-2007, 01:15 AM
the AP gets you discounts at all food places except the carts...

You also must spend $10 at some places.... at the fries cart by btmr you had to spend $5. At Red rocketts you had to spend $10. At DCA only $7.

So i think it depends on the Cm and the time of day...

McQueenofHrts
09-12-2007, 07:19 PM
I used my Disney Visa at all places and was grateful for the discount. BUT I also decided that purchasing a premium AP would be the best thing to do the next time. If I had one, I might have saved more on food and parking AND be able to have tickets for the next visit. Also, I used my AAA membership at Goofy's Kitchen and received a discount! There are soo many ways to be cheap!!!!