PDA

View Full Version : Our First Cruise

Renysmom
09-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Just booked out first DCL, which will also be our first cruise period. Just DH and myself but it looks like so much fun.

We will be on the 3/4 cruise October 9th, 2008.. I know its more than a year but since we are going to the world this December for 8 days I am hoping this will help make the wait bearable.

I will have tons of questions so I will be here often but thought I would start with my first questions. Do the shops on board and on Castaway Cay take disney dollars? I just ask as I try to convert money as I save it to DD to ensure I save it LOL also for our land portion we chose Beach Club (my dream but never thought I would stay there) resort. Has anyone else stayed there as part of the land/sea cruises. Just wondering what type of rooms you typically recieve as part of the package.

Be back with lots more questions ;)

happymommy
09-07-2007, 11:45 AM
I've stayed at the Beach Club twice, and it should be fun! I think you get a standard room, but can upgrade (concierge) for an extra fee. If it was me, I'd book the Disneyworld trip separately. October is a time you may find room discounts. I think some folks like the convenience of having it all put together for them; if you are one who appreciates that, then you'll be happy. I personally only stay at a Disney resort if there is an annual pass or other type of discount.

101DalmFan
09-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Congrats on your first cruise -- you'll have a wonderful time!

Shopping on your cruise is cash-free -- everything is charged to your account. When you check in you will be asked for a credit card to go against your account, and as you make purchases onboard or at Castaway Cay (shopping, alcoholic beverages, bingo etc etc), all you do is sign for them and they are all charged to your account. There are no other options -- the shops etc are not set up to do anything but swipe your KTTW card.

If you have Disney Dollars, I believe you can turn them in at Guest Services and ask that they go against your account -- I have not done that personally, but I'm sure you'll hear from others who have used the Disney Dollars :)

Renysmom
09-07-2007, 07:22 PM
So I can gather disney dollars and present them to guest services when we arrive and ask that they charge against these before the credit card? Is that how I read this?

Thanks

yndygo
09-07-2007, 07:30 PM
According to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_dollar), they take Disney dollars on parts of Castaway Cay too...