PDA

View Full Version : Booked through a TA - How can I access my reservations online at DCL?

mom2dina
09-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Hi,
We booked for the Feb 2008 7 day Eastern through a travel agent. I haven't recieved any travel information from her.
Is there anything I can request that will inable me to look up my reservations at the DCL site (in case I want to book trips on ports, or sign up for day care etc.)
Thank you for your help!

pfishgirl
09-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Hi,
We booked for the Feb 2008 7 day Eastern through a travel agent. I haven't recieved any travel information from her.
Is there anything I can request that will inable me to look up my reservations at the DCL site (in case I want to book trips on ports, or sign up for day care etc.)
Thank you for your help!

Nope..

Once a TA has your reservation... DCL will tell you to contact him/her

However... it is too soon anyway.. 90 days (i think) prior to the cruise you can book resservations, well your TA could... Andddd about 2 weeks prior to the cruise you will receive your Travel Documents..

mom2dina
09-06-2007, 09:00 PM
Wow so I can't sighn up for stuff online or do my boarding papers ... I didn't realize that.
Can my TA sign up for stuff for us? Thank you.

Pansy
09-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Depending on when you booked, you should receive a ressie # from the TA. Mine took about 24 hrs after booking with DU to receive the number.

I think the balance has to be paid in full before reservations for excursions can be booked, correct me if I'm wrong.

All in due time, things will come together, have a great time.

pfishgirl
09-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Wow so I can't sighn up for stuff online or do my boarding papers ... I didn't realize that.
Can my TA sign up for stuff for us? Thank you.

Well unless they changed it... Your TA will have to do it.. I know a few years ago I was told by 2 different DCL Cast Members that we needed to contact our TA..

pfishgirl
09-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Depending on when you booked, you should receive a ressie # from the TA. Mine took about 24 hrs after booking with DU to receive the number.

I think the balance has to be paid in full before reservations for excursions can be booked, correct me if I'm wrong.

All in due time, things will come together, have a great time.

Oh.. thank you I totally forgot that..

Yes.. you have to be paid in full before Excursions and Plans can be booked

ga9497
09-06-2007, 09:05 PM
As long as you have your reservation number you will be able to access your reservation on disneycruise.com

The reservation number is 8 digits long and begins with a 2
Now that all the shore excursions / Palo reservation, online check in, etc are booked online you can do them yourself but not until you are paid in full and 75 days from your sailing date if this is your first Disney cruise.

pfishgirl
09-06-2007, 09:09 PM
As long as you have your reservation number you will be able to access your reservation on disneycruise.com

Now that all the shore excursions / Palo reservation, online check in, etc are booked online you can do them yourself but not until you are paid in full and 75 days from your sailing date if this is your first Disney cruise.

oh wow... I didnt know with the new system you could do this without your TA.. that's actually really nice.. I was frustrated I had to keep calling my TA for things.. :confused3

lg3
09-06-2007, 09:16 PM

Exactly right! :thumbsup2
Addendum - if you get the REAS package (if available for the type of cruise you are booking) you can book prior to 75 days out on a first cruise.

mom2dina
09-06-2007, 09:17 PM

That is great news - I can't wait to plan it all! Thanks:banana:

disneyfaninaz
09-06-2007, 10:11 PM

This is exactly correct for accessing your reservation on DCL. However, if you have questions of DCL or want to make special requests, then those HAVE to go through your TA. You cannot call DCL yourself to make these requests.

mommyto3princesses
09-06-2007, 10:50 PM

Thanks for this info. I had the same question. Need to find my ressie number...

Ilovestitch
09-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Yeah it doesn't matter who you booked it through- you can still access it on dcl.com.

My reservation is through a travel agency and actually in group space and I still have no problem retrieving it and making my excursion reservations/online check in.

yndygo
09-06-2007, 11:28 PM
you will also need the birthdate of the 'primary reservation holder' in addition to the DCL confirmation #...

But yes, you can access everything including the pre-boarding documents.
The only thing you can't do is call DCL reservations and request special things like waitlisting Palo or dining rotations...
But you can do pretty much everything else.

:)

professorandmom
09-07-2007, 06:53 AM
You bet you have access to the DCL website

And for compulsive planners - it is a great stress reliever - I would check daily to see if I could get Palo reservations for brunch (never did)

HAVE FUN!
Barb