PDA

View Full Version : Those back recently - Is Flame Tree

jenjersnap
09-06-2007, 08:44 PM
completely and utterly swamped from open to close now that Tusker House is gone? Seems like they should have waited until after free dining was over to close it! Pizzafari just doesn't do it for us and we can't be the only ones who feel that way.

Traveliz
09-06-2007, 11:58 PM
We were there Monday morning - it was about 10:20 and we were going to either get a snack or lunch early so we walked by there to check out a menu. A line began forming and we saw they opened at 10:30 so we got in line and decided we would have lunch there.

At 10:30 one cashier came out and they opened the windows and you could tell the CMs were shocked to see every line filled with people. A few minutes later a second cashier came out and then another person said only the first two cash registers would be open but about another 5-10 minutes later a third opened.

Food was not ready - the first person probably waited ten or more minutes for their food so yes there was a back up. I would say while we were there the place was very busy.

In addition the birds were terribly agressive - I was sitting at a table waiting for my husband and felt something and it was a duck pecking on my shorts!!!

Liz

Praying Colonel
09-07-2007, 06:01 AM
We ate lunch there last week on a morning EMH day. It wasn't swamped. Took us about 5 minutes to order and get our food. There were empty tables throughout the sitting area. I'd estimate about 75% capacity.

PlutoPony
09-07-2007, 07:28 AM
Not swamped but S L O W ! During the time it took DH and BIL to order and get their food, DS and I went back to Pizzafari for meals, came back to Flame Tree and had pretty much finished eating - and we were not inhaling our food. This was at maybe 11:30 and the line at FT wasn't that long so don't know what the problem was :confused3 . BTW I had a warm Italian Hoagie or something like that from Pizzafari and it was quite good so that might be a better alternative than first thought.

MEM
09-07-2007, 10:36 AM
Our experience the week of August 27th was that Pizzafari was swamped, not Flame Tree. Every register at Pizzafari was open and there were at least 12 people in each line. Most were there on free dining because I could hear the many questions about "can I get this?" "can I get that?" and "why can't I get this?" "why can't I get that?" That slowed things down tremendously.

There were no seats available for us because so many tables were being saved by one person each. So much for the rumor about no saving of seats at CS! We ended up sitting out on the "veranda" at a table meant for two people and dragged over the two extra chairs we needed.

I personally think it was a bad idea to close Tusker House while Yak and Yeti is still under construction.

disnut8
09-07-2007, 11:35 AM
We were there right at noon on the Saturday before Labor Day. Lines were maybe a few people deep, seating had about twenty tables taken. Definitely not swamped by any stretch of the imagination.

PlutoPony
09-07-2007, 02:00 PM
I personally think it was a bad idea to close Tusker House while Yak and Yeti is still under construction.

Yeah, I wondered about that move myself. And from the looks of Y&Y, there's still a LOT to be done before opening.....