PDA

View Full Version : Dinning toddlers???

tiffanym5375
09-06-2007, 08:29 PM
What is your favorite place to dine with a toddler.. I wish to hear about all places but others places besides character dining would also be a plus! I think we may dine with CM and H&V. But having problems deciding on other places. Thanks!!! ;)

disnut1149
09-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Hi
My DGD is 4 1/2 and she loved watching all the fish at the Coral Reef in Epcot. Also, last year when she was 3 1 2/ she loved pushing coconuts with a broom and doing the hula at O'hana at the Poly, and this year she did the limbo and the hula there!! The kids have a great time.

tinkandpan
09-07-2007, 06:11 AM
We like eating at Kona because it is open and welcoming. We also eat at Raglan Road (although my kids dn't love the food choices as they have gotten a little older). I have to admit, eating with my 2 yr old is becoming so much of a challenge lately that we have been gravitating to character meals.

KevanC
09-07-2007, 10:30 AM
We have a 3 year old... We've taken her 5x in the past year and a half. Right now, character dinings seem to be the best thing to hold her interest while we eat. But, the food gets repetitious... seems to be the same basic buffet menu at each one. We also enjoyed Biergarten (Germany in Epcot). They have a Oompah band that plays while you eat.

MrsJ Henry
09-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Did your 2 year olds get scared of the characters? I'm concerned about taking our almost two year old to any character meal that aren't face characters.

KevanC
09-07-2007, 12:12 PM
If they're into princesses, try Akershus (Princess Storybook) or 1900 Park Fare (Cinderella's Gala Feast). Those feature princesses and not the fully costumed characters. My daughter was scared during one of our visits. But, I think taking her to the character dinings helped her to overcome it. The characters wouldn't approach if the child was frightened. They're pretty good about it. In the parks, my daughter was more comfortable posing with them from inside her stroller. That helped get her acclimated, too.

jenjersnap
09-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Crystal Palace, Biergarten, Garden Grill, 'Ohana, Whispering Canyon ...

tiffanym5375
09-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Mrs J Henry ;)

Ou son at 14 months on a Disney cruise loved Mickey and his friends. I hope at 23 months he still loves them! TIffany

IwannaseeMickey
09-07-2007, 02:59 PM
I can't say there's a place I do NOT enjoy dining w/ a toddler...we've done all that has beeen mentined and she enjoyed them all at 3 and 4. I guess the only one that does not have much for them to look at was Le Cellier but that night she curled up at the table and fell completely asleep.