PDA

View Full Version : 75 Days Out Is Getting Close

ZeonStar
09-06-2007, 02:51 PM
I have a fee questions I wanted to ask, as our 75 Days for our November Honeymoon Cruise is coming up in about a week so we can start reserving Excursions and things.

Regarding those, is doing it online the best way to go, or are we better off calling? Do I call the Cruise Line number to make excursion reservations?

We have not gotten any of our Cruise Package yet. Is it suppose to come soon, or closer to the trip? I'm thinking about Palo. I don't know our Dining Rotation yet, so I do not know what day to choose for Palo. I know from research that if I have to replace any of our Rotational Dining places, that Parrot Cay is probably the one we would miss the least.

Is there a way to "Look up" what our rotation will be?

Thank you. :)

101DalmFan
09-06-2007, 04:36 PM
With regards to dining rotation, you can call DCL and request a specific rotation, but while they'll make a note of your request there's no guarantee you'll get it. You find out your rotation once you check in at the port (the info is printed directly on your KTTW card).

As far as excursions, I was always under the impression that you could only book them online or onboard the ship once you're there, but if that's wrong I'm sure someone here will post the correct info :)

ZeonStar
09-06-2007, 04:59 PM
So... there is no way I can know what my dining rotation is and what night to do Palo? Oh dear... this might be a problem.

On a 7 night Cruise I will have each restaurant twice with one 3 times right? Be nice to know which one I have 3 times!

disneyfaninaz
09-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Remember, they do hold reservations back for booking once your onboard. You can also book a night and change it if you need to once your onboard as well.

ZeonStar
09-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Most of all I don't want to change either of our Animator's Palate nights, I'm really anxious to see that place. I'm an animation major in school afterall. :)

yndygo
09-06-2007, 05:16 PM
So... there is no way I can know what my dining rotation is and what night to do Palo? Oh dear... this might be a problem.

On a 7 night Cruise I will have each restaurant twice with one 3 times right? Be nice to know which one I have 3 times!

Most of all I don't want to change either of our Animator's Palate nights, I'm really anxious to see that place. I'm an animation major in school afterall.

Well, if you're doing the 7 night, you can play it safe and book Palo for either night 4 or night 7 - because you will repeat one restaurant 3 times, on days 1, 4 & 7... and the other 2 twice each, 2&5 and 3&6...

But the "show" in Animator's Palate only "runs" the first night you are in there - so you are safe on that any time after day 3...

But I'm afraid that if you're looking for much inspiration in AP you might be a bit disappointed... it's really not as 'amazing' as you might expect... Just sort of black & white cels that have the color added over time...
:(

eva
09-06-2007, 06:15 PM
It does kind of stink that you can't find out your dining rotation before the cruise. But I have a feeling that they do not assign them until a few days out. With new reservations, cancelations, requests, etc., I'm sure that they are just trying to avoid having tons of calls ahead trying to change rotations. yndygo, is correct about how the rotations work. We are on a Western this month and we have Palo reservations on Day 4.

101DalmFan
09-06-2007, 07:01 PM
I'm an animation art ADDICT ;) and if I could, I'd eat in Animator's every single night! Well, Animator's and Palo............ :)

ZeonStar
09-12-2007, 03:11 PM
After months and months of waiting, 75 days came and went. I guess I was off by a day and I completely missed reserving Palo. It's kind of ridiculous how fast it books. Our Honeymoon seems a bit less exciting now. Palo was to be one of the highlights of the Cruise.

birkner
09-12-2007, 03:21 PM
After months and months of waiting, 75 days came and went. I guess I was off by a day and I completely missed reserving Palo. It's kind of ridiculous how fast it books. Our Honeymoon seems a bit less exciting now. Palo was to be one of the highlights of the Cruise.

Don't forget that they do hold back reservations. If you have booked directly with DCL, call them and explain you are going to be on a Honeymoon cruise and maybe someone can help you. If you booked with a TA, call them and get them on the case!!

ZeonStar
09-12-2007, 03:22 PM
I booked with AAA. Could they do anything for me? I didn't know they hold reservations back. How come?

I can't call Directly if I didn't book through them? Better off with calling AAA?

erikthewise
09-12-2007, 03:26 PM

There is also plenty of opportunity to book Palo onboard, if you can board by 1:00. They hold back quite a few slots, maybe as many as half.

Hints: Either arrive the night before, or take an early morning flight the day of the cruise. If you're not renting a car, consider taking a towncar/limo service. Ideally get to the port before noon. You have an excellent to almost certain chance of getting Palo if you get to the booking location before or at the time it opens (1:00?). If you take a bus and it doesn't get there until 2:30, there may not be much left.

Also there used to be some package called "Romance at Sea" or whatever that included among other things priority reservations at Palo. It seemed pricey for what you got but you might want to ask about it, if it still exists.

disneyfaninaz
09-12-2007, 03:27 PM
And, if all else fails, if you can be flexible on your nights and times. I have heard that you can get on a waiting list and you will be called in your room when an opening becomes available.

ZeonStar
09-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Well that's nice to know some options exists, thank you. Where does one book at Port? Is it onboard the ship? We definately plan to get to the Ship right after our breakfast we have at tge Grand Flordian-- which is where we are being picked up from.

birkner
09-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Well that's nice to know some options exists, thank you. Where does one book at Port? Is it onboard the ship? We definately plan to get to the Ship right after our breakfast we have at tge Grand Flordian-- which is where we are being picked up from.

If I remember correctly, you go to Rockin Bar D once you board the ship. If I am wrong, someone will quickly correct me.

101DalmFan
09-12-2007, 04:23 PM
I booked with AAA. Could they do anything for me? I didn't know they hold reservations back. How come?

I can't call Directly if I didn't book through them? Better off with calling AAA?

They have to hold reservations back because not everyone who books a cruise has a computer or uses the Internet; it would be grossly unfair to let the Internet-enabled folks book everything and the other folks -- like my MIL who has no computer -- not be able to book :)

Plan to get to port as early as you can. My understanding is they open the doors around 10 am, start checking people in around 10:30, and typically start letting people onboard by around noon, although I have heard earlier sometimes as well. Make getting Palo reservations your first priority :) and you shouldn't have any problems. :)

Laurabearz
09-12-2007, 04:26 PM

I dont know if this helps you but on the first three nights each restaurant has it's own menu.. Then the last four nights they have all have the same menu (Pirate night, Capt's Gala, Etc)

So you might want to look at the menu's for the last four nights and decide which you like least and book Palo on that night.

HTH

ZeonStar
11-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Maybe I should of made a new thread for this but hopefully someone will see this.

We got our Cruise package the other day from AAA. It's not much more than what looks like a rectangular ticket book. Is that the Cruise tickets and everything? It's hard to tell what's what in there. Our first Cruise, I'll say again. :)

Are we all set though? Where do I look to see our dining rotation? I know it's suppose to be in a code but I forget where.

Just over a week away! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

disneyfaninaz
11-14-2007, 12:20 PM
You won't find out your dining rotation until you check in at the port. It will be printed on your KTTW card.

ZeonStar
11-14-2007, 12:25 PM
Oh ok, thank you.

My cruise package seemed a little...sparse. According to Passporter, I thought we would get alot more. I don't even think we got a brochure about the excursions.

CraftyMouse
11-14-2007, 01:40 PM
Oh ok, thank you.

My cruise package seemed a little...sparse. According to Passporter, I thought we would get alot more. I don't even think we got a brochure about the excursions.

If you have done the Online Check-In your cruise packet will be pretty empty. The packets for those who haven't printed off their contract include all of the documents that you filled out online. I, too, was surprised by how little was in the packet, especially compared to the last time we sailed. Then I realized that everything that was missing was something I had filled out online.

If you have done the online version your cruise packet should include a square "brochure" (2 pages) and an envelope with a booklet, Bahamas immigration forms and luggage tags in it. That's all you'll need.