PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of Aloha questions

shyjade
09-06-2007, 01:14 PM
I am planning on taking my DD9 to see the "Spirit of Aloha" show in November and had a few questions.

1) We have "level 2" seating and the CM who booked our ressie couldn't give me a straight answer on this; will my DD9 still be able to see the show or is it a luck of the draw as to where you are seated? Do they take into consideration the size of the guests when seating, or are the seating assignments predetermined?

2) How long is the show?

3) Is the show something a mature 9 year old would enjoy? She does want to see it, which is why we're going. Will she be disappointed?

4) What happens if it storms the night of the show? Does it get cancelled or postponed?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give. All opinions welcome!

shyjade
09-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Bump!

tfoster
09-06-2007, 04:39 PM
I am planning on taking my DD9 to see the "Spirit of Aloha" show in November and had a few questions.

1) We have "level 2" seating and the CM who booked our ressie couldn't give me a straight answer on this; will my DD9 still be able to see the show or is it a luck of the draw as to where you are seated? Do they take into consideration the size of the guests when seating, or are the seating assignments predetermined?

2) How long is the show?

3) Is the show something a mature 9 year old would enjoy? She does want to see it, which is why we're going. Will she be disappointed?

4) What happens if it storms the night of the show? Does it get cancelled or postponed?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give. All opinions welcome!

We originally had reservations for this show and I called several times to get info. From those conversations (with the Luau office of the Polynesian), this is what I know.

1) My understanding is there is no guarantee. I was concerned about this same thing as we had 4, 6, and 7 year olds in our party. The Luau office can tell you about where you are in the seating order for your tier. Seats are generally assigned on that basis. I was told that if you didn't like the table you were shown to, you could quietly and nicely mention to a CM that you would prefer a different table if possible and that they would have your party wait off to the side, see if there were no-shows, and then let you decide if you'd rather have one of those spots.

2) Two hours.

3) ???

4) I believe it gets cancelled, but I'm not sure.

I don't have the number for the Polynesian anymore, but you can get it by calling reservations (or probably posting it on this forum too). Then if you want, you can call the hotel and ask for the Luau office. They can answer specific questions.

lovetoscrap
09-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Not sure how to describe this--The tables are set up sideways from the stage--like in rays. So you are not in horizontal rows trying to see. You are turning sideways to look and there is an aise between you and the other tables. So, your kids will be able to just poke their heads into the aisle if there are big people in front of them (and there will be). You can't block the aisle because the servers have to be able to get through, but as with most Disney shows it is set up so that everyone can see.

My girls were 5 and 9 when we went. They loved it! If your dd likes hula dancing and seeing some neat dance and a firedancer then she will like it.

The show is about 2 hours and if it rains my understanding is that it will be cancelled.

AdWayInc
09-06-2007, 09:11 PM
My DH and I went for our 29th wedding anniversay last May for the first time and we loved it. My DH does not chicken or ribs and i had requested a fish or veggie dinner instead ... this of course was made in advance and there were no problems. My DH loved the fish he got and i loved the chicken & ribs. But the bread and salade was to die for...
All in all we had a great time, great food and great atmosohere and we would defintely do it again.

shyjade
09-07-2007, 08:21 AM
Thanks everyone for your replies!

If the show gets cancelled (because of weather), do you get a refund?