PDA

View Full Version : I'm a little confused about the AK

maxiesmom
09-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Exactly what restaurants are open in this park?:confused3 Is the Flame Tree the only place left that you can get a meal? I know there are snack carts all over, but I need some real food if I am spending a day in a park. Trust me, you don't want to be near me if I am all hopped up on sugar and caffeine.:yay:

Amy&Dan
09-06-2007, 10:58 AM
There is Restaurantausaurus which is basically a McDonald's with some variations. There is also Pizzafari,which has individual pizza's, some hot sandwiches (which I like best there) and a salad or two. For full service there is the Rainforest Cafe, which is not part of the Disney Dining Plan. Once Yak and Yeti and Tusker House open there will be those full service too. In addition to those I mentioned, there are various snack carts some of which sell some things beside the usual junk. It seems like I had some chicken skewers or something once. I do wish they would have just left Tusker House alone! I like Flame Tree but there' s no indoor seating that I remember and a hot day at AK needs AC! Here is a list of AK eateries:
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm#ak

I like to eat on an AK day is to have some cs for an early lunch, then make an ADR for around 30-60 minutes past park closing at Boma. Its a short bus ride or car trip from the AK. And it sort of keeps the whole Animal Kingdom experience going. Since that park doesn't have evening entertainment or long hours, its nice to have that ability.

TheRustyScupper
09-06-2007, 12:00 PM
1) Alas, until Yak & Yeti and Tucker House, not sit-down eateries.
2) Looks like "granola ala Mickey Ice Cream Bar".