PDA

View Full Version : How Many Times Can You Transfer Ressie

QUEEN4ADAY
09-06-2007, 09:31 AM
I originally booked with DCL ($25.00 OBC) then transfered to AAA (additional $25,00 OBC). Now travelocity is having a deal that gives you a $100 OBC. Can I transfer to them + keep all my other OBC:rolleyes1 ??? Need Help Fast!!! Thanks GUYS

BamaMomof3
09-06-2007, 09:42 AM
I originally booked with DCL ($25.00 OBC) then transfered to AAA (additional $25,00 OBC). Now travelocity is having a deal that gives you a $100 OBC. Can I transfer to them + keep all my other OBC:rolleyes1 ??? Need Help Fast!!! Thanks GUYS

Wow $100?! I only have a $25 one! How do you go about doing that if you are booked with another TA?

QUEEN4ADAY
09-06-2007, 09:54 AM
I called the TA I wanted to book with and they did the transfer for me from DCL. Then sent me a confirmation via e-mail. It was a really easy process but now that travalocity is offering $100, I am trying to transfer to them or see if AAA will match travelocity's deal. Which would give me a total OBC of $125.00 per cabin:banana:

rsschneck
09-06-2007, 09:55 AM

The booking is with AAA now. You would have to call them to see if they would release your reservation back to you. I doubt they would release it to travelocity and the only reason they might release it back to you is because you had originally made the reservation yourself. Anyway, you will not get the $25 AAA OBC if you are not using them. If a travel agency "gives" you an OBC it is basically some of the commission they would have made off of your trip and they are giving it back to you at the time of travel. Double check the fine print with travelocity that your cruise would indeed receive a $100 OBC before you go to the trouble of contacting your AAA agent.

QUEEN4ADAY
09-06-2007, 10:00 AM
The booking is with AAA now but I am trying to see if they will either match travelocity or I guess now release my reservation back to me. I called travelocity already I would be eligiable according to two different agents (one of which asked a supervisor) Hopfully AAA will match and I won't have to go through transferring again.

AmberDaClown
09-06-2007, 10:12 AM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the promo details on Travelocity's website are pretty clear:

http://travel.travelocity.com/ecruise/PromoDetails.do?dType=0&contentId=24&promoType=V&promoId=1407

This offer is valid for new bookings only and is per stateroom, not per person.
Credit for previous purchases is not permitted and guests who previously booked, cancelled and then rebook during the Offer Period are not eligible.

DisneyKevin
09-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Most reputable travel agents will not accept a transfer from another agency.
This is done as a professional coutesy. If you do find an agent that will accept a reservation transfer from another agent, you will not get both OBC from the agents. You will only be eligible for the OBC from the agent holding your reservation.

You can get the OBC from Disney Visa, but not if you have booked within what is known as Group Space. That discount is not usually combinable with any other promotion.

QUEEN4ADAY
09-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Sad as the news is your input really helped.Thanks guys for clearing that up. Think AAA will match travalocity???

rsschneck
09-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Sad as the news is your input really helped.Thanks guys for clearing that up. Think AAA will match travalocity???

Since you don't really qualify for the travelocity OBC then I doubt AAA is going to give it to you. I always read the fine print before matching others offers.

castoff
09-06-2007, 10:54 AM
When I booked our cruise through DCL then transferred to TA I believe I am getting both OBC. :confused3 Maybe the difference is going from TA to TA?

QUEEN4ADAY
09-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Just though I'd update everyone after all of the great replies. AAA took their OBC of $25.00 up to $75.00:woohoo: . My total OBC is $100.00 per stateroom (It was $50 before). So I'm grateful for what I could get. Think I'll book while I'm onboard this time and get the $200 OBC from Disney :thumbsup2

Pansy
09-07-2007, 12:24 PM
I think Priceline had an 100.00 OBC as well.

PeterandTink
09-07-2007, 12:28 PM
We booked with Travelocity and got 100 OBC:yay: but it was only available certain dates I believe