PDA

View Full Version : My review of Narcoossees

LoveMyLAP-BAND
09-06-2007, 10:05 AM
I ate at Narcoossees on Tuesday (Sept. 4) and I have to say that was one of the best meals that I have ever had.

I started out with the Artisians Cheese as an appetizer. To die for. The maytag blue cheese was topped with nuts in honey. Yummmmmm. The walnut bread was so good. They also served warm bread with delicious butter.

I ordered the Surf and Turf for my meal. The filet mignon was cooked exactly to what I ordered. The lobster tail was great, too. It was served with asparagus (which I did not eat) and scalloped potatoes- very goooooood.

And for dessert, I had the Almond Crusted Cheesecake. Even though I was stuffed, I ate the whole thing! It was THAT good.

The view was awesome. I didn't have a window view (didn't ask for it), but I still had a great view of the castle. This would be a great place to watch WISHES and the Water Pageant. They have an outdoor viewing area- with benches!

The walk from the main building to Narcoossees is about 7 minutes.

The staff was great, too.

I highly recommend Narcoossees!!!

P.S. I was on the (FREE) dining plan, but my meal would have cost $95 including the gratuity

thruthelookinglass19
09-06-2007, 11:09 AM
I'm so happy to read your review! We have reservations on 10/30...my birthday! I really wanted Coral Reef for my bday dinner and was so disappointed they weren't available. So, I'm thrilled to read your message.

Thanks!

LoveMyLAP-BAND
09-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Enjoy- it was wonderful! When you check in for your reservatgion, request a window view. But it is a small enough restaurant that all the views are good.

Also, when you made your ADR, did you mention that it is your birthday? I'm sure they will make it even more special if you let them know.

thruthelookinglass19
09-06-2007, 11:18 AM
:laughing: This is the 2nd year my mom and I are going for my birthday! I made the "mistake" of mentioning it last year when I was making our ADR's....and when I got to the hotel, the desk clerk had a "Happy Birthday" button ready for me...and all the restaurants knew it was my birthday! (got balloons and a call from Mickey and Minnie too...imagine if I wasn't in my 30's, but was five or something!?!?) I was really impressed that by mentioning it really casually in convo, the CM put it in the computer. It made for an excellent trip!

I didn't mention it this time - I felt very silly "Hey, it's my birthday when we're down there", so I am making my mom mention it to our travel agent :lmao:

Kiddeokee
09-07-2007, 02:19 PM
I am so glad to hear that Narcoossees is great. I am going there in October & look forward to it.

n2mm
09-07-2007, 03:35 PM
We discovered Narcossee in May of this year. We loved our meal so much we canceled another ADR and booked a second one there during our 2 week trip. It was the best meal and the service was outstanding. We are heading back next month and again will visit them. I had almost the same meal as the OP except the appetizer, which I order the shrimp...yum. This meal was the high-light of our trip. It is a must do for our trips now.

stacy6552
09-07-2007, 05:39 PM
I say it over and over...That Almond Crusted Cheesecake is the best dessert on property.

lynninpa
09-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the review and glad you had such a great experience! The filet mignon & lobster tail entree being available on the DDP is great-hope it will be next year, too! :cool1:

Boatingmom
09-07-2007, 06:13 PM
:banana: Lobster, filet, cheese platter and cheesecake. Sounds too deliscious. I put on 10 lbs just reading about it. Where is this resturant? Is it kid friendly?

LoveMyLAP-BAND
09-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Sorry about the 10 pounds!:lmao:

Narcoossees is at the Grand Floridian Resort. Not only was the food great, the view was, too. It is right on the water with wonderful views of the castle and the monorail. This would be a wonderful place to watch WISHES!

I think all WDW restaurants are kid-friendly (other than V&A, also at the Grand Floridian). There were several children dining there. They do have a kids menu with activities and the waiters all payed attention to the kids.

My reservation was for 5:30 (when they open), I got seated right away and was out by 7:00.

And that cheesecake is the absolute best. When I go to WDW, I usually don't like to repeat restaurants since I haven't tried them all, but Narcoossees will be one that I will go to again.

I am planning to stay at the Grand Floridian for my 40th birthday :eek: and I just put Narcoossees on the list. I sure do hope those room rates come down though!

Boatingmom
09-07-2007, 07:54 PM
:woohoo: Just decided at our dinner table tonight that each member of my family should get to pick one favorite meal for vacation and I will book ADR's accordingly. D Son picked Mexican, D Daughter picked lobster and D Husband picked Steak. I think we'll go to Shula's for steak because they'll provide childcare. We'll go to Mexico in Epcot for my son and the Coral Reef or Flying Fish for my daughter. That leaves three other nights. Maybe we'll book the GF for the almond chesecake or Le cellier for french, HDDR or Wispering whatever. They all sound good if you're hungry. Any suggestions for the remainder three meals?? My son is intent on Mama Melrose for whatever reason.

n2mm
09-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Just remember that Narcossees is a signature restraurant and requires 2TS credits.

Minniespal
09-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Thanx for the great review.

wezee
09-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Ate there, for the first time, on my birthday this past March and loved it. I was treated like a queen, including a free desert. We were on the DDP, but our waiter offered to box our DDP desert for us. Had ADR at 8pm, ordered a bottle of wine and took a stroll ourside with wine glass in hand to enjoy the fireworks It was a romantic, magical evening. The food was awesome also...pixiedust:

WDWMagicNic
09-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Our family just came back from our Disney trip of Sept. 10 through Sept. 16. One night, we splurged with the two table service credits and went to Narcoosee's. We loved it! We had three teenagers (13, 16, and 18) and they were thoroughly impressed, which is difficult to do these days. It had been my 18 year old's b-day a couple of weeks before, but when I made reservations, they asked if there were any special occasions, so I told them about it. They gave him a b-day button, a specialized menu with "Happy 18th Birthday" written on it, and wrote Happy Birthday on his dessert plate.

The food was outstanding, with our group having appetizers from the cheese plate to heirloom tomatoes to salads, devoured our filets and lobster, and the potatoes were wonderful. The desserts made me wish I could eat there every meal just to try them all. I would certainly make reservations at this restaurant again.

My only disappointment in our dining experience was that there were a lot of young kids at the restaurant, and a lot of folks didn't make a big deal out of coming to a really nice restaurant at Disney's most fabulous resort. I'm not saying that you should bring out your Sunday best, but this isn't a typical theme park restaurant, and it would be nice if people would make a little effort to match the fine dining experience of Narcoosee's and not wander in the restaurant with t-shirts and cut-offs. I made our kids clean up for the night because it's not every day that you know you're going to be ordering steak and lobster (at least not in our family!) and they should look presentable. I know that sometimes it is unavoidable because getting back and forth to the parks can throw you in a real time crunch, but I was really surprised at how many beach casual folks there were.

WDWMagicNic
09-18-2007, 10:32 PM
I just read my post and realized I sounded anti-kids for this restaurant. I'm really not, and this would be a very special restaurant to take children to, especially if you are seated near a window where they can see the Magic Kingdom. We dined at 7:00 p.m. and the weather had been 95 degrees plus during the day. By the time some of the very young children were in the restaurant, they were miserable - hot and tired and not wanting to have to sit up and behave when they wanted to sleep. This just makes it a little more difficult for other diners to enjoy a dinner they'd been looking forward to for a very long time. Maybe going at an earlier time if you have very young kids would work out better and they would be able to enjoy the experience more as well.

SnowWitch
09-19-2007, 01:20 AM
We dined here in June with kids ranging from 6 months- 17 yrs old. We all enjoyed our meal. I think the key to dining in more upscale restaurants with younger children is to schedule an adr for an early sitting. We do this and it works great, we tend to lean towards the 5-6 pm window. The kids aren't exhausted and are fairly fresh from naptime, after dinner we enter the MK for a few hours. I can't imagine going there from the themeparks. When we have dined there everyone pretty much adhered to dress code and no screamimg kids. It was an overall nice experince. We are returning next month.

septbaby
09-19-2007, 01:32 AM
Not sure I agree. We took a 5yo this summer and the look on his face and excitement in his voice upon seeing the Electric Water Parade were priceless. You can't get that with a 5pm seating. He was a bit wary of fireworks, so he passed on coming out with me to see Wishes. However, before it was all said and done he and grandma were out there with me.

Your guidance might be useful at a typical fancy place, but at Narcoossee's I'd do it the same way again. There were lots of children there that night and from our seats all were really well behaved.

jgreen
09-19-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm glad other people have enjoyed their meals at Narcoossee's, but everyone in my family agreed that this was our least favorite meal during our recent trip.

We have two kids, ages 13 and 10, that are very well behaved and enjoy a good meal, but they, like us, felt this was not worthy of 2 TS credits.

Hopefully I will have my dining reviews up before the end of the weekend, and will include Kona, Olivia's, 'Ohana breakfast, Boma, Le Cellier, as well as Narcoossee's.

fakereadhed
09-19-2007, 08:44 PM
Glad to hear the good reviews. What time is good to make an ADR to see Wishes or EWP?

SnowWitch
09-20-2007, 02:09 AM
Just look at the stated park hours and fireworks schedule that is posted fairly well in advance.

fakereadhed
09-20-2007, 06:22 AM
Just look at the stated park hours and fireworks schedule that is posted fairly well in advance.

What I was asking is what time was your ADR if you saw them while you were there. I haven't been there and have no idea how long the wait for seating is in the evening, and how long a typical meal takes. Just curious.

jgreen
09-20-2007, 07:49 AM
Glad to hear the good reviews. What time is good to make an ADR to see Wishes or EWP?

We had a 7:55 ADR and saw Wishes which started at 9:00. We waited a bit to order our entrees after ordering the appetizers, and it worked out beautifully. We watched Wishes from the deck outside, and a couple of minutes after getting back to our table the entrees came out.

It's too bad the food was only mediocre.

LoveMyLAP-BAND
09-20-2007, 09:38 AM
I would say about an hour to an hour and a half before the fireworks/ELP. My reservation was for 5:30 when they opened and, of course, I was seated right away. I left by 7:00 and I had all three courses.

memomuffin
09-20-2007, 01:23 PM
I just wanted to say thank you for the dazzling review of Narcoosee's. My fiance and I are going to WDW the second week of Oct. (I haven't been in over 10 years and Matt hasn't gone since he was in the 3rd grade!!
Anyway, just wanted to tell you from your review, I decided to cancel my Yachtsman's Steakhouse reservation and replace it with Narcoossee's.
It will be a plus to perhaps catch the Wishes show as well!!
Thanks so much!

jrogalny
10-01-2007, 03:54 PM
We just ate there on 9/22 and out of all of our dinners, this was the BOMB. Service was top notch and the food ... my gosh. Unbelievable. The dessert (almond crusted cheesecake) was the best dessert I've had in my life. We also ate at Coral Reef and LeCellier but Narcoosees cannot be beat. Well worth it!!!!

tigger536
10-01-2007, 05:26 PM
I love Narcoosees. One of my favorites! Never had a bad meal or bad service there! Always top top notch! :thumbsup2

DisneyBride'03
10-04-2007, 07:32 AM
I love Narcoosees too and enjoy reading good reviews!!

We had our wedding rehearsal dinner here.....we loved it. DH just always wants to try something new...but I am going back in December, by myself...I love the view, the ambience...and it is kid friendly!! We had a separate "kids" table...with kids aged 5-9..and abt 20 adults!
Fell in love with Cakebread Chardonney! Cannot wait to have a glass there!!!

DWisher
10-10-2007, 12:49 AM
I am so relieved to hear all the good reviews about Narcoossee's. We have our ADR's set for our 10 yr anniversary dinner. I had such a hard time deciding which Signature to choose from. I think the elegance/casual atmosphere plus the bonus with seeing wishes was the deciding factor. Now after reading the reviews I'm glad to hear the food will be great too!

Big Thank You to everyone for posting!:cutie:

memomuffin
10-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that Matt and I got back late Saturday night and my dinner at Narcoossee's was absolutely, hands down, Both of our favorite dinners. It was exquisite - the Almond Cheesecake was to die for (and I don't usually even like cheese cake). So GOOD, I want some of that for dessert every night!! Definitely worth 2 TS's in my book!:thumbsup2

wezee
10-15-2007, 04:25 PM
Just got back yesterday. We took my parents to Narcosee's on 10-11-07 for an 8:00pm reservation. We were seated right away, front and center at the window seat, awesome. We were able to see the water pagent and fireworks from our table.

We had a glorious meal and a great server, Lori. The surf & turf, whole lobster,oyster appetizer and shrimp cocktail were fantastic. The almond crusted cheesecake was to die for!!!! DH tried the sorbet with fruit and loved it. The blackberries were the beautiful and as large as huge grape tomatoes.

We booked a bounce back for Sept.'08, for a long weekend and will also be at the F&W at the end of Oct. '08 and plan to return to Narcosee's on both trips.

OKW Mom
10-15-2007, 07:41 PM
We would totally go back-and it is worth the 2 TS credits.
Ditto on the cheese plate-what a nice change of pace! The rest of your menu sonds like our table!
I had read bad reviews on other boards and was worried - without cause!:hug:

davinakb
10-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Also just dined at Narcoossee's (our first time) and loved it. Had all the items as the OP, plus the fried oysters, calamari, tuna, crab-crusted halibut, scallops, more deserts. Just a wonderful experience. Our group of five passed around our plates, sharing all the good stuff. We ordered our courses one at a time and the server was great, recommending wines for each. We were not rushed at all, made a night of it. View of fireworks was really outstanding, plus the music and water parade. The overall experience now puts this place on my must do again. FWIW.