PDA

View Full Version : Cute Basket Ideas for WDW-Loving Client

disneyaggie
09-06-2007, 08:24 AM
Calling all clever Dis'ers!

I have a client who loves WDW and will be going for the first time in several years next month.

I am putting together a cute basket (or something else that is fun) for her as a surprise. Because we are both in health care, she is under strict Medicare guidelines that she can not accept a gift over $25.

HELP! I am trying to find fun WDW things to get her in the spirit -- here is what I have so far:

1) Real park maps (thanks to a nice Dis'er who sent them to me)
2) Popcorn (with a cute note about getting ready for the wonderful scent of popcorn found at MK)
3) Mousekeeping Envelopes
4) I just ordered a WDW Planning DVD for her

What else can I put in that is cute and clever?

Any ideas on what kind of basket or something else that would be fun to use to hold the items in?

Thanks! :cheer2:

logan&tylersmama
09-06-2007, 08:40 AM
*how about sunblock (i think they make disney sunblock with mickey on it)
*you can make an autograph book
*a one time use camera
*a disney palnning book

I like to put my gifts in a new empty paint can that you find a the hardwear stores - everyone loves this - you can decorate it with disney stickers - then close the top and attach a paintcan key to the can with ribbon
hope this helps
I will try to think of other things
Jennifer

kelleigh1
09-06-2007, 10:10 AM
How about the Customized Maps? Let me find the link.

Here's the link:

https://secure.disney.go.com/wdw/myVacation/customizedMaps/index?id=CustomizedMapsFlashPage

disneyaggie
09-06-2007, 05:34 PM
You guys rock! :yay:

mommyoftwinfants
09-06-2007, 10:58 PM
The have a very cute disney tin waste basket at CVS that would be good size to hold everything in.

disneyaggie
09-07-2007, 06:21 AM
The have a very cute disney tin waste basket at CVS that would be good size to hold everything in.

Oh cool! I have a CVS right down the street.

Also, here are some more ideas that I know of her:

1) She and her hubby stayed at the Polynesian for their honeymoon. I was thinking about getting something and hot-gluing some rafalla (or whatever it is called) grass to something to give that "Poly feel". (Any other ideas are definitely welcome!)

2) She LOVES Stitch!

3) The TTA is a "First ride, must do"

logan&tylersmama
09-17-2007, 09:10 AM
so have you worked on the basket? I am excited to hear about it
jennifer

disneyaggie
09-17-2007, 10:37 AM
so have you worked on the basket? I am excited to hear about it
jennifer

Whew! I finally pulled everything together so I could give her everything last Friday! And she LOVED it! I told her how so many wonderful Dis'ers helped so it was definitley a "team" effort. She was pleasantly shocked that so many people go involved and wanted to assist.

Instead of a basket, I put the following in a Disney bag, stuffed with tissue:

1) Birnbaum's planning book on WDW
2) WDW planning DVD that I ordered for her
3) Park Maps (thank you, Cool-Beans :thumbsup2 )
4) 2 Resort pens
4) Mousekeeping envelopes
5) 2 Orville Redenbacher microwave popcorns (with a note saying, "Imagine yourself walking under the train station and smelling the popcorn as you enter Main Street . . .")
6) Stitch in a little car numbered 626 -- looks like one of the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway cars!. She is a HUGE Stitch fan! :stitch:
7) A cute little retractable hair brush (with Mickey on it) so she can get all gorgeous for Mickey before her plane lands :yay:

I went to the Disney Store and got a wonderful Tinkerbell sack to tuck it all in. She thought it was great! Again, thanks to you all for your wonderful ideas! :love: