PDA

View Full Version : 10% DISCOUNT RE-BOOK Question

silmarg
09-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Just got back from a DCL great cruise (my first).

I booked a future cruise to grab the 10% discount. My original thinking was to get a placeholder and transfer the date to a 2009 cruise. But now I am thinking I may actually take the cruise I booked New Years 2009 (dec 27, 08 - jan 3, 09).

My question is when I go online and price the cruise and compare it (less 10%) to what I go on the boat.. the online amount is less by like $100.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Dsnybob
09-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Just got back from a DCL great cruise (my first).

I booked a future cruise to grab the 10% discount. My original thinking was to get a placeholder and transfer the date to a 2009 cruise. But now I am thinking I may actually take the cruise I booked New Years 2009 (dec 27, 08 - jan 3, 09).

My question is when I go online and price the cruise and compare it (less 10%) to what I go on the boat.. the online amount is less by like $100.

You may want to make sure your comparing "apples to apples" - do both reservations include air or ground transfers or travel insurance? If they do, there is always the possibility the price was reduced (which is unlikely since it is a holiday cruise). If it did, you can probably have DCL give you the price adjustment. You also could assign the reservation to a travel agent who could transfer the reservation and obtain the adjustment. Just some thoughts...:thumbsup2

yndygo
09-05-2007, 08:28 PM

This is really common for a couple of reasons:
1) the only thing that is discounted 10% is the room - so the price *before* you add on air travel, fees, and transfers
2) the website doesn't 'break those out'

You have to basically figure out the price of the trip w/o the transfers, air and fees, then add them back in. :upsidedow

silmarg
09-05-2007, 08:42 PM
I booked no air, no transfers and no insurace.

I am looking apples to apples.

Will call DU in the AM.

PoohJen
09-08-2007, 03:29 PM
I booked no air, no transfers and no insurace.

I am looking apples to apples. Will call DU in the AM.

Interested in knowing what happened! I am looking to book that same cruise when I'm onboard in early December. Did you also get a room credit when you booked?

Anyone know if rates fluctuate alot this far out? I am worried that if I wait til I'm onboard in Dec to reserve Dec 08, prices will go up between now and then.:confused3