PDA

View Full Version : Cost of silhouettes or sketches and where?

newtodcl
09-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Does anyone know the cost of the silhouettes or sketches various artists do of the children and where they are located?
thanks

DisneyBarlans
09-05-2007, 02:52 PM
In Magic Kingdom, they have a silhouette stand on the left as you go into Liberty Square. I'm not sure what they charge for these. My son had a full-color face sketch done of him in Animal Kingdom in Dinoland for $25.

linda0706
09-05-2007, 03:12 PM
I had my DD done a couple years ago at the Liberty Square place. Can't remember the price but it was EXTREMELY reasonable. Less than I thought it would be. How often can you say that about Disney! :lmao:

fakereadhed
09-05-2007, 03:35 PM
I made a point to do this on our trip in 2003. Very reasonable. Also very poor. I was really disappointed. It really depends on the skill of the person doing them. Next time I would save my money and time. Just my experience.

mrsbert
09-05-2007, 05:35 PM
When we were in WDW in May, they had someone set-up in the lobby at ASMu. The artist also stated she went to POP too.

linda0706
09-06-2007, 07:17 AM
I made a point to do this on our trip in 2003. Very reasonable. Also very poor. I was really disappointed. It really depends on the skill of the person doing them. Next time I would save my money and time. Just my experience.

Aww shoot, that's too bad.:sad1: I guess you're right about it depending on the person doing the sillouette because I was extremely pleased with my DD's.

Christine43
09-06-2007, 07:19 AM
I had my kids' full sketches done in Animal Kingdom and they came out absolutely fantastic. They were very reasonably priced too, I think $25. I framed them and put them up and they are a wonderful keepsake.

Tigger&Aidan
09-06-2007, 08:28 AM
About how long does it take to finish the sketch? I'd love to have one done of DS but not sure that he would sit for it....

linda0706
09-06-2007, 09:29 AM
About how long does it take to finish the sketch? .

I don't know about the sketch, but the silhouette only took about 5-10 minutes.

Christine43
09-06-2007, 12:02 PM
They do the sketches pretty quickly, of course, it's longer if you want it in color but not much. I think it took about 15 minutes tops for one portrait. They really are great and they bring your child's personality out in the picture. My son told the artist he loved Harry Potter and my son actually does look like Harry Potter so he drew him flying on a broom playing Quidditch, it was great.

oliviansmom17
09-06-2007, 12:09 PM
I've had my children's silhouettes done twice- the first was done by a man that sits on this little street on the right as you're going down Main Street. It's the first little street. He's been there every time we go: from 2003-2005 He did a FANTASTIC job. Then I've gone to the one in Liberty Square and I wasn't as impressed. As far as cost- I just remember it being very reasonable, and that price included the frame.

chrisann
09-06-2007, 09:18 PM
Also, do they do them in downtown disney as well?

MinnieTink
09-07-2007, 01:10 PM
I just had my 3 kids silhouettes done about 2 weeks ago. The CMs name was Timothy, and he is very talented. Amazing what he did with a piece of paper and a pair of scissors!! We had it done in Liberty Square, outside of the Christmas store there. I saw Timothy the next day, doing silhouettes in the little alcove off of Main St. You get two copies of the silhouettes, one faces left, the other, right... I had both framed, and if I remember correctly, it was around $42. (Totally worth it) It only took about 5 minutes, if that, for each child, and he started with my 11 month old son who was in his stroller, looking around, so don't stress about your child being still for it. :) Of all the goodies that came home from WDW, I have to say that the silhouette is my favorite!!

TinkerbelleMom
09-08-2007, 10:35 AM
We've had ours done at DTD...the guy there (near the Christmas shop) has been there for years, and as of May this year he was still there. He does a great job, captured my girls, even the wiggly youngest one, perfectly. We bought frames at the same time...you get 3 sillhouettes for the price...and I think it was $45, though this was several years ago. We did these as Christmas gifts for all the grandparents (great grandma too!)...how often can you give such a cool gift that costs only $15?