PDA

View Full Version : Silent Auctions

BELLE16127
09-05-2007, 02:01 PM
DH and I are sailing on September 29 -7 night. when we cruised before they had a Silent Auction with some really neat things up for auction. Can anyone tell me if they still do these drring the cruise?

BELLE16127
09-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Anyone??????

dahuffy
09-05-2007, 05:50 PM
I know of the art auctions and that's about it. You might check your Navigator. Perhaps someone who's been on since my cruise last year,will have better info.

rgroves
09-05-2007, 06:09 PM
I don;t remember from our '05 cruise, but I think there was a silent auction in addition to the Park West auctions. The silent auctions were exclusive DCL things, like course charts, signed captains hat, character pics (autographed), and other things.

I don;t see why they would not have it. Park West deasl with "ART", and this stuff was memorabilia. But defintely check the Navigator.

Jusacuz
09-05-2007, 06:25 PM
We were on a 3 night, but did see one item for silent auction. It was an actual navigational map used during the cruise. I glanced around to see if there were other items, but didn't see anything. Maybe 7 day cruises have more. ???:confused3:

tvguy
09-05-2007, 08:20 PM
I don;t remember from our '05 cruise, but I think there was a silent auction in addition to the Park West auctions. The silent auctions were exclusive DCL things, like course charts, signed captains hat, character pics (autographed), and other things.

I don;t see why they would not have it. Park West deasl with "ART", and this stuff was memorabilia. But defintely check the Navigator.

Exactly what we had on our 7 day Eastern for the silent auction. I thought most of it was junk....at least for what the minimum bids were.

alexcturner
09-05-2007, 10:12 PM
We were on an 11 night Med cruise recently. The only silent auction item I saw was the Navigational Map.