PDA

View Full Version : Time changes

LOLA2
09-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Are there any time changes on the Western I need to be aware of? I don't want to be late for the excursions the next morning.

Also is the a clock in the room to set alarm? Do we then chage the clock when time change happens?

Thanks

tvguy
09-05-2007, 12:43 PM
I don't know about the Western, but there is a time change on the Eastern.
Your cabin steward will leave a card on your bed reminding you of the time change.
No alarm clock in the room. But you can get a wake up call from Mickey Mouse. There are instructions on the phone in your room on how to program the wakeup call.

dizneyfan23
09-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Yes, there is a time change for the Western. It'll be listed in your Navigator. The first day you will need to change is Tuesday night/Wednesday morning(Back 1 hour). Also on Wednesday night/Thursday morning (Forward 1 hour).

LOLA2
09-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Yes, there is a time change for the Western. It'll be listed in your Navigator. The first day you will need to change is Tuesday night/Wednesday morning(Back 1 hour). Also on Wednesday night/Thursday morning (Forward 1 hour).

Ok. so no alarm clock but is there a clock?

m4travel
09-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Gee, there used to be an alarm clock in the cabins - sort of a nautical themed one. Didn't light up, but it sure rang. They had them for sale in the gift shop on board. We opted for one that had 'seen service' on eBay and have it in our bedroom at home, now.

DCL Repeaters
09-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Ok. so no alarm clock but is there a clock?

The nautical clock on the desk in each stateroom is an actual alarm clock. It plays "when you wish upon a star" as your alarm.

tvguy
09-05-2007, 08:23 PM
The nautical clock on the desk in each stateroom is an actual alarm clock. It plays "when you wish upon a star" as your alarm.

We did have a propeller clock in our room too...but we cruised in 2003, and it sure didn't look like an alarm clock. But I "think" someone posted that they had put new clocks in the rooms.

DCL Repeaters
09-06-2007, 06:40 AM
We did have a propeller clock in our room too...but we cruised in 2003, and it sure didn't look like an alarm clock. But I "think" someone posted that they had put new clocks in the rooms.

Yes, the new clocks with 6 propellers on them is an alarm clock that plays the When you wish upon a star tune (I purchased one from Treasure Ketch last year and love it!)

pandamom
09-06-2007, 12:12 PM
We had time changes on our special western last year and there were plenty of reminders to change our clocks/watches. Even our waiter and head waiter were sure to remind us.

got2travel
09-06-2007, 04:44 PM
You bet those darn propeller clocks are alarm clocks. We had a problem with paint fumes in our room one night so DCL gave us another room to stay in. I couldn't figure out what the heck was playing "When you wish upon a Star" at 3 in the morning!@! Took me a while to find out it was that clock.

AmberDaClown
09-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Another thing to be aware of is Mexico does not observe Daylight Saving time, so you always need to keep your watch on ship's time.

tvguy
09-06-2007, 08:08 PM
Another thing to be aware of is Mexico does not observe Daylight Saving time, so you always need to keep your watch on ship's time.

Well, ships time will always be local time (the port you are in), so that shouldn't be an issue.