PDA

View Full Version : can you get cash on the boat....

paulgraff
09-05-2007, 12:28 AM
Hi,

Leaving on Thursday for our trip... finally, I think this is my last question, all of you have been great.

Just in case (lol) my wife and two kids spend all my cash at the parks can I get cash somewhere on the ship?

PG

Note, I am taking my wife, two kids, seven suitcases, and two American Express cards... is that enough?

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

tvguy
09-05-2007, 12:48 PM
They will cash a personal check up to $100 a day I believe, and cash travelers checks without limit (that I am aware of). No ATM or debit card cash advances though. So take some travelers checks (or more cash).

ScouterJT
09-05-2007, 12:55 PM
They will cash a personal check up to $100 a day I believe, and cash travelers checks without limit (that I am aware of). No ATM or debit card cash advances though. So take some travelers checks (or more cash).

I had heard that the $100 was limited to once PER STATEROOM PER WEEK.

You might be better off cashing a check at WDW before leaving.

For what it's worth -- we have used very little CASH on our cruises (we have spent PLENTY of $$$ for sure, but it was all charged to our KTTW and then to a credit card) -- excursions were paid for and we did not need much cash on any of the islands.

JsMom2
09-05-2007, 01:25 PM
I emailed DCL about this, and here is the response:

Check Cashing Courtesy

Guests are able to cash personal checks drawn from U.S. banks only up to $100.00 per guest, per voyage onboard at the Guest Services desk.
Personal checks (no temporary checks) need to be accompanied by:

One of the following photo id's:
Valid Driver's License
State issued ID with picture
Active Military ID (green)
Passport
One of the following Credit Cards
American Express
Visa
MasterCard
Discover
The Disney Credit Card
Diner's Club / Carte Blanche
Guests are NOT able to obtain cash advance on a credit card from Guest Services.

Traveler's Checks

Traveler's Checks can be cashed with a photo ID. There is no limit for
Traveler's Checks, but the checks need to be in US Dollars.