PDA

View Full Version : New Beginnings:WISHES- come join

BernardandMissBianca
09-04-2007, 09:29 PM
Just wanted to share that today has been an almost snack free day. Ok I stole 2 bites of DH's Belgian Chocolate ice cream but you know what, bite 2 was more than enough. I am very happy! I usually snack like crazy when DH is gone but I have not wanted anything. I also ate the correct portion for dinner tonight.
Tomorrow mom and I will walk 3.2 miles, that's 2 times around the town green.

I'm not making promises to myself right now because I know I will sabotage any efforts I try to make. I am also happy to say that Biggest Loser is back on next week and my girl Jillian is back!!! I love her, she's mean!!!

I am sad because the steroids helped me pack on 20 pounds this summer and I can see it in peoples faces. They try to be nice but I get that "god she looks like crap" up and down glance. I give myself that look in the mirror.
I really started wondering where the girl my DH married went. How she could have let life, family, kids, school, McDonalds etc.... get in the way of how she used to be. I was hot when DH married me, he said he married me for my legs. I had awesome legs. Of course I country line danced and roller skated 6 days a week but I can get those legs back if I try right?!

So if anyone cares to join me, then go for it! Just don't wave a big ol' Frosty in my face, OK??? :rotfl2:

Lisa
09-05-2007, 04:55 AM
I'm with ya, honey! Let's get a jump start getting into shape so we have the energy to do WDW with our family in December. Tonight I AM going to water aerobics!! I haven't been in ages and I really have been pushing my luck with my back.

I never say I am dieting, I try to go with the thought process of eating healthy. For some reason that helps. The second I say I am dieting, I want to eat everything in sight. I do find when I exercise, I have more energy and don't eat as much. If I don't exercise, I eat to find the energy to stay awake. I also am trying to eat more fiber, that helps in preventing me from overeating.

lewdyan1
09-05-2007, 05:02 AM
Count me in. I put on 10 pounds in the last two years and I don't like it. I started working out with a trainer twice a week, last week and am walking with a friend 2 miles a day. I am just having a hard time giving up the snacks.:blush:

kelleigh1
09-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Can I join?

We're moving to a new office at the end of October and they have a gym in the building. It's $25 per month through payroll deduction for tenants of the building and a number of us have decided to join. I'd lost about 10 pounds earlier this year, but have gained it all back. A few people here are on WW and doing very well, but there really aren't any convenient meetings in my area - and I also suspect that I wouldn't stick to it. And my eating habits aren't that bad anyway, I just need to exercise.

I did work out at home last night and I'm feeling it in my legs today, but I'm convincing myself it's a good feeling.

BernardandMissBianca
09-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Can I join?

We're moving to a new office at the end of October and they have a gym in the building. It's $25 per month through payroll deduction for tenants of the building and a number of us have decided to join. I'd lost about 10 pounds earlier this year, but have gained it all back. A few people here are on WW and doing very well, but there really aren't any convenient meetings in my area - and I also suspect that I wouldn't stick to it. And my eating habits aren't that bad anyway, I just need to exercise.

I did work out at home last night and I'm feeling it in my legs today, but I'm convincing myself it's a good feeling.

you sure can join! A gym in the building is sweet. I need a gym at home because none of the gyms here have day care. Blech!

I walked today, 3.2 miles and on the last leg I twisted my foot and it hurts like the dickens. I hope it is better by tomorrow, I want to do 3 laps if possible which will be 4.8 miles!! Yay!

Off to ice it!

lewdyan1
09-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Nice, make this thread pop up while I am eating a Hershey bar!:rolleyes1 Actually I did work out with the trainer today, so I already worked the candy bar off. Right?:confused:

BernardandMissBianca
09-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Nice, make this thread pop up while I am eating a Hershey bar!:rolleyes1 Actually I did work out with the trainer today, so I already worked the candy bar off. Right?:confused:

ummm no!!! LOL

AlexWyattMommy
09-05-2007, 04:56 PM
I really need to exercise. My weight isn't too much of an issue. I lost 15 pounds three years ago and have stayed the same for the last two annual doctor checks up. But I don't exercise and just because the weight is the same, it doesn't mean the fat/muscle ratio hasn't altered...in a bad way.

So starting tomorrow (too hot out now), I'm hoping on that tread mill outside. I'd like to start with 1 mile and work my way up to five. What is the best way to do that?

ddavis860
09-05-2007, 05:47 PM
This is too funny! I pulled up the old thread the other day, and almost bumped it. Then I just felt stupid, and said forget it...

I went walking with my friend today, we planned it last week...we both are soooo out of shape. I was up to 3 miles when I was thinner...now 1/2 mile and winded...when did that happen:confused3 We are starting WW on Tuesday. I figure if I have someone to do it with me, I'll get going. So, this is a perfect time for me...

Thanks Buffy!!

party of 3
09-05-2007, 06:36 PM
OMG! how do i get into this????? i so need to do something. i was looking at our pics from vaca and said OMG is that really how big my butt is??????then there's a pic of all 3 of us with woody and i look ok. (it's that black outfit thing,right?) i'm with lisa, the second i say the "d" word, i want to eat everything in site! so i just don't use that word anymore!!!!

Lisa
09-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Yeah for those who exercised today!. Sorry you twisted your foot though, Buffy. Ouch.

I went to water aerobics tonight! Didn't pass out and drown half way through it. I feel great now.:banana:

With all this healthy enthusiasm, I think we can do it! Let's go!:cheer2:

PrincessNancy96
09-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Well, Dyan you are not suppose to admit to eating that hershey bar!!! :)

Well, I'm in... I need to get things tightened up... I'm not feeling good with the way I look...

AlexWyattMommy
09-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Water aerobics sounds almost doable.
Good for you for doing it!!

party of 3
09-05-2007, 07:19 PM
i'd love to do water aerobics, except for one thing.....

me and bathing suits = not a pretty site!!!!!!

MomOf2DisneyKids
09-05-2007, 07:45 PM
oh, I so need to be in!!!! Is there a smiley of someone getting their butt kicked, because that's what I need!! :cool1:

:cool1: :cool1: <---does this count for my walking?

ddavis860
09-05-2007, 08:05 PM
:cool1: :cool1: <---does this count for my walking?

Ummm, NO! :lmao:

Now this :dancer: looks much more aerobic :rotfl:

Tomorrow I'm meeting my friend at the mall...0730... walking with the older folks. We are gonna feel so bad when they pass us :rotfl2:

MomOf2DisneyKids
09-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Ummm, NO! :lmao:

what?? even with the cool sunglasses??? bummer!!

Have fun walking tomorrow!!

aroyer
09-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Ok, its time to get rid of the last of the baby fat- after all DS is almost 2 1/2. I have been walking with DS in the wagon to pick up DD from school. Not sure its doing much though- it's only 3 1/2 blocks away. And I definitely need to stop snacking with the kids!!

rlovew
09-06-2007, 04:32 AM
I am in. I am working on at least losing inches if i can't actually see the difference on the scale. I have been really good for the past couple of months since I joined curves. Although I am debating whether I will get there tonight or not. I have a few more things to get ready for our trip this weekend. I will definately enjoy encouraging everyone else as well as continuing to motivate myself.

Rebecca

AlexWyattMommy
09-06-2007, 06:09 AM
Whew! Am I out of shape. Took me over 10 minutes to do .55 miles on the tread set at 3.9mph. Need to go take a shower before heading down to the school bus. Guess I need to wake up earlier so I can do the whole mile and not kill myself.

kaddjr
09-06-2007, 06:44 AM
I hear y'all and need to get into shape myself. My father and I were walking everyday after the kids got on the bus earlier this year, but when summer came, the kids wanted to sleep in and I couldn't leave them alone for that long. With the kids back in school, I need to start that again.

Funny story. I went to the mall yesterday (it's a good hour away from where I live) and I stopped at the Disney Store (thinking I would just look- right!!). Someone had returned a Mickey tankini from Disney Shopping. I checked out the size, looked it over and thought it would fit. I get it home, try it on. The top fit fine- a little big, but I kinda like it that way. I put the bottoms on and OMG they fell right off!!! I knew their suits ran big, but not THAT big! Oh well, it made me feel good even if it was just for a few seconds!:rotfl: If I can get the bottoms altered, I will keep it.;)

party of 3
09-06-2007, 07:00 AM
Ok, its time to get rid of the last of the baby fat- after all DS is almost 2 1/2.

i still have baby fat and my little man is 5!!!

kelleigh1
09-06-2007, 07:00 AM
Here's my take on the word DIET.

People have tried to change the meaning of the word. A diet is just the food you eat every day, and since we have to eat, you can't not be on a diet.

But you have to change your way of thinking. Instead of thinking of diet as a bad word, think of it for what it really is - what you eat. It's not about depriving yourself or starving yourself, it's about eating and you choose whether you want to eat a Big Mac everyday or if you want to eat healthier.

According to my dictionary: DIET is "one's usual food or drink". You can change your diet and eat good stuff or bad stuff, but either way, it's still your diet.

I'm going to be eating everyday for the rest of my life. What I eat is my choice and cutting something out isn't dieting, it's just changing my diet. I'm not one of those people who says "no I can't have that, I'm on a diet." The food is always going to be there. If I want something, I'm going to have it - it's just how much of it I'm going to have. Make small changes. If you want a piece of cake - have it, but make it a smaller piece than you would normally have.

Part of the problem is that our portion sizes have expanded. Some of us were brought up in the "clean your plate" generation. While I do agree with that in some sense, you have to make sure that the portions you take are the size where cleaning your plate doesn't mean stuffing yourself. (Of course that totally doesn't apply at any restaurant, so you need to know when to say when because cleaning your plate means you've eaten enough for a family of 4.)

I went to dinner with friends a couple weeks ago. I barely made a dent in my plate while a few others practically licked theirs clean. I can't do that. I know my limits and I've trained myself to stop when I've had enough. There is a girl here at work always complaining that she needs to lose weight, yet the size of her meals could feed my husband and I both. She needs to start by making the small changes - cut back, not necessarily out.

That is what has worked for me in the past and I'm getting back on that plan. Combine that with my workouts and I think I'll be in good shape. Just have to remember that the weight isn't going to just fall off - it will take time. But like I said, I'm going to be eating for the rest of my life, so trying to do it all at once won't help. Slow, steady changes are the ones that I'll be able to live with every day.

BernardandMissBianca
09-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Did
I
Eat
That??????? :scared:

That is what it means to me. I prefer healthy eating habits, or lifestyle change.

I only did 2 laps today, 3 miles. My foot hurts more without shoes so the walking was fine, I just tried to walk on the inside of my foot rather than the outside. DD was getting fussy though so we called it quits. Tomorrow I may have to do the mall because it's supposed to rain.
Going through my Disney pics the other day did me in. I look like crap! And the fact that I had to buy new jeans the next size up last week. Very frustrating. So my goal is to look better at the August Scrapbook meet at Disney next year. I don't really care if I'm at goal but I would like to be close. I have a year, which is a good start.
My big thing is I need to stop all late night snacking, that is my down fall. When DH is not here we eat early (6pm) so I snack after the kids go to bed. When he is home sometimes we eat as late as 8 or 9, that needs to stop. He doesn't eat breakfast so lunch comes early for him and then he'll eat again around 4. He totally messes everything up. So my schedule gets off kilter.

BernardandMissBianca
09-06-2007, 09:34 AM
I am in. I am working on at least losing inches if i can't actually see the difference on the scale. I have been really good for the past couple of months since I joined curves. Although I am debating whether I will get there tonight or not. I have a few more things to get ready for our trip this weekend. I will definately enjoy encouraging everyone else as well as continuing to motivate myself.

Rebecca

Rebecca, how do you like curves? I'm trying to con my mom into taking DD for about an hour 2 days a week so I can join Curves or Butterfly Life. Walking is great but I need a bit more you know.

lewdyan1
09-06-2007, 09:46 AM
I am planning on meeting a friend to treadmill tonight at the Y. http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/images/smilies/work_out.gif

What I need to do more than anything is to stop getting on the scale. I am making myself crazy weighing myself two or three times a day. I know they say only weigh yourself once a week, but I am getting obsessed!:faint:

ddavis860
09-06-2007, 09:54 AM
I tried curves, and I really liked it. My problem was that it hurt my injured knee, and I wasn't able to use all the machines. But the whole idea of the place is great, and you are done fast. I did have to quit though after the Dr said to stop.

BernardandMissBianca
09-06-2007, 10:17 AM
I think I will talk to my chiropractor about Curves. I would love to have a home gym but we don't have the room right now.

ksjayhawks
09-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Count me in. :thumbsup2

I need to lose some, while quite a few pounds, as well. I have lost 7 due to the knee surgery, but I wouldn't recommend that way to anyone! I am going to try water aerobics as part of my physical therapy if it is available at the places I can go to--that was one recommendation from the dr.

Then, once therapy is over, I would like to continue the water aerobics and will walk--I like to walk, so that is no problem. I also have a pact with a fellow teacher--no pop during the school week. So far, it is good. I have a cup of tea to start my day, a class of milk for lunch, and ahuge mug that I fill with water to drink for the day. Then on Fridays, we reward ouirselves with a QT steamer if we have followed through all week. We are pretty brutal with each other if we feel the urge to mess up! I can really tell the difference in my body and how I feel, just by eliminating the pop!

My dh and ds are also eliminating pop. Then on the weekends we can have ONE pop a day, but usually don't even drink that! Water is so much better!

AlexWyattMommy
09-06-2007, 12:21 PM
We eliminated the pop from our daily diet also. I have noticed a huge improvement in the boys. They do get a few calories with Lipton green & white ice teas, but it is much better than all the caffine & sugar they were getting before. We can have soda when we eat out and that isn't very often anymore.

Mickster
09-06-2007, 12:42 PM
I am in, too! I so have to lose some weight! Yikes. My DD just asked me the other day: When I am as old as you, will I be as fat as you? Nice.

kelleigh1
09-06-2007, 12:55 PM
My DD just asked me the other day: When I am as old as you, will I be as fat as you?

Ouch!

rlovew
09-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Rebecca, how do you like curves? I'm trying to con my mom into taking DD for about an hour 2 days a week so I can join Curves or Butterfly Life. Walking is great but I need a bit more you know.

I love it. I go in the mornings at 6 and then go off to school on Monday, Wednesdays, and fridays. I go some Tuesday and thursday afternoons. I love changing stations ever 30 seconds so i am not bored with what I am doing. Also our gym has a lot of teachers at it and the encourage us to get to know one another. they have a question of the day to ponder and answer (they draw a winner of a little prize). We also have a frame game or boggle up to look at and think about while exercising. They keep a bingo game going (they do 3 balls each day) and the winner of each thing gets a prize.

They have most of the machines but they elimanated the one that causes the most neck and back problems when they moved the gym. I have found that it has made me feel healthier and according to my monthly measurements in the last 2 months I have lost 6 inches overall and 3 around my abdomen, so I feel like i am getting results.

Rebecca

Mickster
09-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Ouch!

But, she's only 4 and didn't really know what she was asking. (I hope... :))

lewdyan1
09-06-2007, 03:30 PM
How much water are you drinking a day? I am trying to increase my water intake, but I don't like water!:guilty:

AlexWyattMommy
09-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Not enough. I really need to drink the water over the white raspberry tea.

I did get my other .5 miles in this evening. A little under 10 minutes at 3.5 miles per hour with some cool down after that. The little machine on the treadmill said my hear rate was 52 at start and I upped it to 153 while walking. If it's correct that is. It's been in the barn for a few years so I'm not sure just how accurate it is. But I did work up a sweat. Ick.

BernardandMissBianca
09-06-2007, 06:00 PM
How much water are you drinking a day? I am trying to increase my water intake, but I don't like water!:guilty:

I drink about 64 ounces of water per day, plus 2 % milk in the morning (sometimes) and at dinner.
Have you tried the flavored water or the crystal light single packets? I like the iced tea and the lemonade.

I was a big soda drinker my whole life, now I only have it on occasion.

BernardandMissBianca
09-06-2007, 06:01 PM
But I did work up a sweat. Ick.

isn't that the nastiest feeling. I hate sweating!

rlovew
09-06-2007, 06:18 PM
I drink at least 10 ounces before school. I drink 3 to 4- 16 ounces bottles at school and another 24 ounces afterschool. So I guess I drink between 82 and 98 ounces a day.

Mys sister took a nutrition class in college and the teacher said to drink one ounce for every ounce you weigh then you will wiegh than you will lose wieght but I know I would be drowning if I tried to do that.

Rebecca

BernardandMissBianca
09-06-2007, 06:25 PM
Mys sister took a nutrition class in college and the teacher said to drink one ounce for every ounce you weigh then you will wiegh than you will lose wieght but I know I would be drowning if I tried to do that.

Rebecca

good lord, I would never leave the potty!

aroyer
09-06-2007, 10:25 PM
We did away with soda as well. I say on the Today show that it leads to heart disease and with my family history, I don't need any other factors added to genetics. We have been drinking flavored sparkling water, which helps with the need for the carbonation. I find I drink lots more water if it is really cold (hides the flavor :lmao: ).

PrincessNancy96
09-07-2007, 06:31 AM

Probably not enough...I don't like the plain test...so I mix it w/ those crystal light pouches.. I am done to one soda a day... my kids don't nor DH drink much soda.. now my sboys on the other hand.. gee wheeez! my gosh.. We have to nearly put a lock on the fridge!

kelleigh1
09-07-2007, 06:57 AM
I've recently begun drinking Vitamin Water, although I drink quite a bit of regular water anyway. I've always been a big water drinker, so adding more water won't help me lose weight. It will only make me pee more. ;)

AlexWyattMommy
09-07-2007, 07:23 AM
Whew! One mile in 19 minutes. As soon as I cool down a little, I surely need to hop in the shower.

ddavis860
09-07-2007, 07:41 AM

Rebecca

for every OUNCE YOU WEIGH? OMG!!! That's like 4000 ounces for me!!! YUCK!

Even if it's every pound, that's still alot of water. I have a TON to lose!

I walked with my friend yesterday..my knee is killing me today, and so is her achillies, so we are skipping today. Going to the beach this weekend, and planning some sand walking, and swimming...

How many calories does :laundy: burn? I'm doing 6 loads today b/f I get to leave...sheesh...

rlovew
09-07-2007, 09:34 AM
Sorry Debbie, thanks for catching my mistake it is for every pound you weigh.

Rebecca

PrincessNancy96
09-07-2007, 10:04 AM
:laundy: has to burn some.. the constant bend/twist/ lift... it's almost like toe-touches.. maybe so I can fit mine in .. since I have clothes to clean.. CC meets & soccer games tomorrow..so the stinky uniforms from the game last night... (don't want to eliminate the competition due to odor.. wait! wait! maybe I do.. :( ) I'll incorporate toe-touches before and after each load...
I need to go do some stair laps after lunch... I'd walk today but the chance of rain... it looks nasty... so I know the minute I get half way through it'll downpour... :(

ddavis860
09-07-2007, 10:44 AM
Sorry Debbie, thanks for catching my mistake it is for every pound you weigh.

Rebecca

Whew (didn't mean to point anything out :flower3: , just was really hoping it was a type-o)...but even so, it's still alot of water in my case... My body isn't going to know what to do with it all. Guess it's something you have to work up to? :confused3

Learn something new on the DIS every day!! I started drinking after I read that... so far it's OK...

BernardandMissBianca
09-07-2007, 12:21 PM
I only did one lap today, 1.6 miles. It is wicked humid here today and even that early it was unpleasant for DD. I see my chiro today so I'm going to ask him about Curves or Butterfly life. But I still have to find daycare.

kelleigh1
09-07-2007, 12:26 PM
One ounce per pound? Holy cow that's a lot of water. I might have to move my desk into the bathroom if I do that.

Ok, I'm researching this because it just doesn't add up.

So, some info I found says:

Overweight people should drink an extra 8 ounces per 25 lbs. of excess weight they carry. This is in addition to the 8 8oz glasses you should already drink.

[i]At the International Sports Medicine Institute, they have a formula which is: 1/2 ounce per pound of body weight if you're not active (that's 10 8oz glasses if you weigh 160) and 2/3 ounce per pound if you're athletic. (13-14 glasses at the same weight.)

Lisa
09-07-2007, 05:57 PM
Overweight people should drink an extra 8 ounces per 25 lbs. of excess weight they carry. This is in addition to the 8 8oz glasses you should already drink.

[i]At the International Sports Medicine Institute, they have a formula which is: 1/2 ounce per pound of body weight if you're not active (that's 10 8oz glasses if you weigh 160) and 2/3 ounce per pound if you're athletic. (13-14 glasses at the same weight.)

I LOVE water, drink about six 12 ounce bottles a day, rarely drink much else. It doesn't matter if it is cold, warm, or even hot from sitting in the car, but I doubt I could drink 13-14 glasses per day. OY

ddavis860
09-09-2007, 06:10 PM
I was really good yesterday. We were clamming, and I used the time to water aerobics (while searching for clams). Must have looked really funny cause DH was wishing he had a video camera :rotfl2:

Tomorrow supposed to walk with my BFF (unless it's raining).

AlexWyattMommy
09-09-2007, 06:15 PM
I did my mile on the tread mill today. I didn't yesterday, but we walked so much at the corn festival on Friday and yesterday that I'm sure I was well over my mile.
I'm down to 17 minutes for the mile. I'm hoping to get to 15 without killing myself.

patchchild
09-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Can I join in? for me, it's less weight loss and more getting back in shape after having Owen. I've dropped most of the weight, but it has completely rearranged itself. No surprise, but I'm going to try and encourage it back into a more pleasing arrangement.

Water is one thing I'm good about. I started while pregnant and now I never seem to go anywhere without a bottle in my hand. I just keep refilling them. My advice, find a bottle you like that's easy to drink from. A straw or an easy open top. Then, keep it next to you. I find myself surprised often when it's suddenly empty.

Walking and more walking for me. My health plan sent me a pedometer after Owen was born. (What are they trying to tell me?) It's fun to see how far I go. Do I get bonus points for carrying him while I walk? 13-14lbs. of baby in a front carrier has got to burn extra calories.

AlexWyattMommy
09-09-2007, 06:41 PM
I wish your DH had the camera, I bet it would have made a great scrapbook page.

I think holding 13-14 pounds should definitely burn extra calories. :thumbsup2
We tried to do the baby & me exercises after each boy was born, but they hated it. Not that I liked it any more than they did, but they really didn't like be man-handled or feeling like Mommy was going to squish them at any second.

BernardandMissBianca
09-09-2007, 06:42 PM
My workout today is cleaning the kitchen. I sweat somethin' fierce when I do dishes. BLECH! Tomorrow I walk alone. My Brother has a DR appt and he still can't drive (stick shift) so mom has to drive him. Then she has an appt on Tuesday so walking again alone. I keep forgetting to ask my Chiro appt curves but I still need a sitter.

AWM I used to be able to walk a 10 minute mile in High school (not that long ago) now I'm about 20 pushing a stroller and 17-18 without.

Does anyone know if you can bring your kid to WW???

ddavis860
09-09-2007, 07:36 PM
I have been to WW meetings where there were kids. Sometimes there is a mommy and me meeting too, have to check and see.

BernardandMissBianca
09-09-2007, 08:03 PM
I have been to WW meetings where there were kids. Sometimes there is a mommy and me meeting too, have to check and see.

thanks Debbie

party of 3
09-10-2007, 05:08 AM
i am doing so terrible at this!!!!!!
i HATE water, so that's out. i only have one soda a day and would love to cut it out, but then what? water. yuck-o!
i have found that i don't have a second to myself. i get the man on the bus, go to work, come home to get him off at 11:30, lunch, back to work. back home, soccer, supper, bed! i'd love to start walking, but just can't seem to squeeze it in. i must be having a fat day! uuuggghhh.....

AlexWyattMommy
09-10-2007, 05:40 AM
Do you stay at the soccer field with him? You could walk around the field while he is playing. This way you are still there with him and getting your exercise in. Have you tried the flavored waters? My eldest does NOT like plain water, but will drink the fruit2O stuff. No calories or bad stuff in it, so I count it as daily water to drink.

PrincessNancy96
09-10-2007, 06:05 AM
PO3 I'm like you..can't seem to find built in time.. So, when my kids are at soccer practice, I walk the perimeter... by the time I'm done.. I have done 3 laps which is 2.5 miles according to DH and several of the other dads... There are several moms that do it so it's usually more of a social session so we don't usually realize we have done all 3 laps when someone tells us thats "3"!
Today is a light day so I plan to finish the load of towels and than work on some scrapbooking and try to walk a bit today before the kids get home from school...

party of 3
09-10-2007, 07:00 AM
thanks for the ideas guys! i'll give them a try. no soccer tonight, so maybe i'll try to make it to the track field (different from soccer field) and do a few laps. and maybe i'll try my water again! (blech~ yuck-o~)

PrincessNancy96
09-10-2007, 08:07 AM
Let's see.. today we have a CC meet.. so that will be a 1/2 mile for mom walking the sides to see them run...their 1.9 miles.... than back home to the soccer fields where I will get my 2.5miles in while one of my CC runners has soccer practice..
ok, I need to get started today... lots to do and I can't get motivated.. time to go motivate!

YodasMom
09-10-2007, 08:47 AM
Do you stay at the soccer field with him? You could walk around the field while he is playing. This way you are still there with him and getting your exercise in. Have you tried the flavored waters? My eldest does NOT like plain water, but will drink the fruit2O stuff. No calories or bad stuff in it, so I count it as daily water to drink.

I hate plain water, too. But, I love Fruit-2-0!! I get it by the case at Sam's Club. Costco carries it by the case, too. So that's how I get my 8 glasses (or equivalent) in each day. And, while I'm singing at rehearsals, I drink a couple of bottles in a 3 hour session.

I started back exercising regularly about 3 weeks ago to get into better shape and tone. Because of a torn tendon in my ankle last fall, I'm not supposed to do the treadmill or long-distance walking (yeah, what about Disney?) so I'm doing about 5 miles on the exercycle each day. I can do other stuff, read, plan, whatever while I'm doing it.

Buffy, I did curves all year last year until I hurt my ankle. I didn't continue because it would have been a waste of money to just use the upper body machines. But, it is a really good program and you don't get bored because you're changing machines and activities every 30 seconds. Like you say, though, the problem is that they don't allow kids in there.

lewdyan1
09-10-2007, 11:28 AM
ok, I need to get started today... lots to do and I can't get motivated.. time to go motivate!

If you need help getting off the DIS, just let me know, a few points can shut you down real quick!:teeth: Okay if that won't work, how about bribe your self with DIS time when you have accomplished something you need to do!:thumbsup2

PrincessNancy96
09-10-2007, 12:40 PM
If you need help getting off the DIS, just let me know, a few points can shut you down real quick!:teeth: Okay if that won't work, how about bribe your self with DIS time when you have accomplished something you need to do!:thumbsup2

OH ya thanks!!! See if been being good and keeping quiet about some issues so I don't get any points..and you are offering them up to me.. Could you imagine what a panic some of these gals would go into if I got points? :rotfl2:

I've been in and out today.. and doing a drive by check in because I have to get the kids off the bus, get kids ready for meets and practices, get myself all prettied up to sweat outside watching their events..

and prepare a mommy lecture about "the reason mommy wants to know where you are at at all times".. WE had an attempted abduction this weekend of a friend's child..so now everyone is very leary.. They all use to tell me that I was too cautious and too protective... but I can say I'm glad that I am.. NOT that I would want that to happen to anyone..but some of the ones who were telling me I'm too protective are now rethinking their outlook!

ddavis860
09-10-2007, 04:33 PM
I walked this morning, was about 0930...H U M I D!!! I was watching my friend's hair curl before my eyes. Who knew that girls with the really curly hair would be jealous of mine...flat and straight :confused3

Anyway, talk about being wilted when I got back, but we did the mile, and I was really proud of us.

She doesn't want to go to WW tomorrow now. Bad timing for her. My DH is against my doing it right now too, so I'm thinking that I'll keep up the walking and start WW later...

I drank my water today too, but still not close to the recommended amount. I'm thinking I'm going to need a catheter to get it all in and still be able to participate in my life...

BernardandMissBianca
09-10-2007, 04:38 PM
OOOOHHH Nancy's gettin' points!!!!!!

Can I just say it's the guilty conscience in me, everytime I see PM's I think I did something wrong and I'm getting points. LOL

Good for you Nancy for being protective. I'm pretty lax on hovering but I do have eyes in the back of my head. I am constantly checking where they all are.

I'm with you Deb, I need potty next to the table.

I did one lap today, it starting misting a little to hard and DD was not happy. No walk in the AM tomorrow either, Chiro Appt at 10 and it's supposed to rain. YAY!!! Nicer weather is to follow.

AlexWyattMommy
09-10-2007, 07:25 PM
Well, today was a lazy day. I only did my .5 miles this morning. I planned on walking during the soccer game. But eldest is sneezy/runny nose boy today and I don't know if it is allergies not affected by his meds or a cold. So I stayed home and didn't even think about the tread mill until, right about now. And it ain't happening right now. :lmao:

AlexWyattMommy
09-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Guess what I learned today?
You don't out grow shin splints.
I used to suffer them terribly in high school. Stopped running cross country and had to take up STATS to finish earning my Varsity letter because of them.
I must have been pounding too hard on the treadmill, so after they don't hurt anymore, I'll have to just have bite the clock and take my time doing it instead.

ddavis860
09-14-2007, 08:49 AM
My BFF and I got 1/2 mile this morning...POP...there goes my knee...crackle...CRACKLE...CRACKLE... :scared1: rut ro...

She said I was favoring it from the start...I didn't realize... now I gots a boo-boo, and I have to go to work tonight... Looking for the ibuprofen...

But I did lose 5 lbs since last week though :teeth:

AlexWyattMommy
09-14-2007, 09:21 AM
Congrats on the five pound loss!!

Lisa
09-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Congrats on the five pounds!:thumbsup2

BernardandMissBianca
09-14-2007, 12:55 PM
Congrats Deb!!! Take care of that knee though.

Faerie
09-14-2007, 02:13 PM
Okay, I'm in guys. I got back from Disney got on the scale and realized I've put on 15 lbs in the past 2 years. May not seem like a lot but I had gone from 189 to 125 and I'm very angry with myself. I was never a gym person but that's about to change along with getting my tush back to WW meetings.

ddavis860
09-14-2007, 10:44 PM
:teeth: thanks!

I think I'm off walking for a bit though...it REALLY sucks to get old!!! Work wasn't too bad though, so I was able to keep off of it a bit. I'm not sure if I should ice it down or use heat, I can't remember what the doc said when I first injured it...again, lost my memory, it SUCKS to get old!!!

BernardandMissBianca
09-15-2007, 08:41 AM
ice for swelling, heat for pain. you can alternate 20 minutes ice 20 minutes nothing 20 minutes heat 20 minutes nothing. DH does this for his back. Wet heat might make it feel better too not just a heating pad. Get a towel really hot with water (don't burn yourself) wrap it around the leg and then wrap it with another towel to hold in the heat.

ddavis860
09-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Thanks Buffy! I did heat last night, and today still swollen, but not as bad. Did I mention it sucks to get old? :laughing: