PDA

View Full Version : OT -- Need stroller help

Captain_Hook
09-04-2007, 06:06 PM
I am having a bit of a stroller dilemma... I've been doing research for an umbrella-type stroller to use once our baby (not here yet) goes to Disney. I had mentally settled on saving for the 2007 Maclaren Techno XT -- it had all the features I was looking for (not to mention the 55lb weight limit) so I will be able to use it for a long time.

The problem... I have found a 2006 Maclaren Techno Classic on sale. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to save money. Does anyone know what, if any, difference there is between the two. (Except, of course, for the fabric pattern.)

Thanks for any and all help on this -- I want to make the right decision.

Dallas_Lady
09-04-2007, 07:15 PM
I just got this stroller and I want to shout it from the rooftops:

http://www.gracobaby.com/catalog/product.aspx?modelNumber=6C00LTE&subCatId=27
http://www.gracobaby.com/assets/images/product/6C00LTE_z.jpg

It's the Graco Ipo. It's new, I have only seen it at Babies R Us in the past few months. It was $79 and I LOVE it. I can't wait to take it to WDW. The handles are nice and tall, so I don't kick the wheels. It reclines almost all the way back, has a nice sun shade and folds up umbrella style. I test drove this one and the Maclaren with DD in them, and I liked this one better. And it cost less. I am in love :love:

Captain_Hook
09-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Oh no! Another one to compare... :scared1: Thanks for the info, I will read up on it and check it out in person. :thumbsup2 That is the one sanfu with the Maclaren -- I haven't been able to "test drive" a Techno yet. They don't carry it in the BRU near me. I won't be buing anything until I can check it out in person -- you know, kick the tires!

Colinsmom
09-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Ah, I'd wait until the baby is here. Both of my boys HATED Macs at younger ages (DS5 was okay with it by about 2yo or so, DS1 is 18mo and still hates it) - they are kind of slumpy for the younger toddlers and babies. Now, the Peg Perego P3 is an awesome stroller with more features than the Techno, and it is almost the same weight. It has a huge hood, a bigger basket, a snack tray, and isn't tippy like the Mac. Not quite as easy to push (but still very smooth) and a little bulkier when folded, but it would serve your babe very, very well for 3-4 years.

abirdd
09-05-2007, 05:50 PM
My hubby says I'm a stroller snob, so keep this in mind when reading the following...

I have been through a Peg P3, a Quinny Freestyle 3XL and a Bumbleride - and my son is only just hitting 18 months!! Basically, in as much as all the above are "nice" strollers, they just could not compare to the features and handling of a Mac.

Unfortunately, where we live in Canada I could only get the lower end Macs -
so I went out of my way to have a 2006 Techno XT imported to Canada for Disney trips last year. I could have cared less what it cost me, as long as our son got a comfy seat/lie flat position and the pull out leg rests. The hubby needed handles that could accommodate a 6'2" height without him slouching or kicking (the Peg P3 was horrible for him), and I wanted supreme handling especially in tight floorspace shops. Our son has never been bothered by riding in his Mac, and in fact asks to go for rides when he sees it in the car trunk!

I remember the 2006 Techno Classic having different colour patterns (and I think it came with a head hugger instead of shoulder straps). What I don't recall is if it offers the zipper down hood... the XT allows us to zipper the already large hood and uv shield almost into a cocoon. Oh, did I mention I LOVE the rain cover - it fits tight and our son invariably stays totally dry during the lovely Disney afternoon storms!!

As a sidebar, have you looked at the 2007 Techno XLR - it's compatible with most major infant car seats. This way, you could use the stroller from birth - and not just for Disney trips!

No matter what, enjoy your test drives - and keep your entire family in mind when stroller shopping!