PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with pre-ordering a fruit platter for your cruise?

TheDawnPatrol
09-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone had purchased one of the Fruit trays that Disney offers for purchase on the DCL website? My wife loves having fruit around and I was looking at getting the Deluxe Fruit Medley. Anyone else gone this route? If so, was it worthwhile and was the fruit any good? I was also going to get a bottle of the Iron Horse champagne that is offered.

Any experiences with either would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Pete

m4travel
09-04-2007, 04:35 PM
We've done both, Pete. The fruit was good, but we didn't eat it quickly enough to enjoy it all.

Iron Horse makes some pretty good champagne (okay; 'sparkling wine') and their Fairy Tale Cuvee is quite nice. We have a bottle ordered for our December 2nd cruise.

daisy112878
09-04-2007, 04:39 PM
We did the Bon Voyage with Iron Horse our first cruise and I plan on ordering it again for our upcoming 3rd cruise. Iron Horse was chilled and two glassed were waiting on the table for us. Our platter came with chocolate covered strawberries and petit fours. It also had a white chocolate piece with the ship on it in dark chocolate. It was so yummy and awesome to have once in our room.

The only thing I've read on here about the fruit was in a trip report. The dismember didn't really care for the fruit basket since it was all whole fruit. They had to keep calling room service for a knife and plate to cut the fruit. But I think if you know this going in then your fine. Plus what one person doesn't like another will like.

Also wanted to add it was very easy to order the Bon Voyage. I printed out the fax form from the dcl website and faxed it in.

TheDawnPatrol
09-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I think I will go with the fruit basket, and get room service to bring a bottle of champagne up after the kids go to bed. Does room service provide champagne or do I need to pre-order? Would rather save it and enjoy the balcony after the kids crash :0)

Thanks Again,
Pete

daisy112878
09-04-2007, 07:42 PM
We kept ours in the ice bucket for the day and it stayed cold. We also got our room hostess to fill it with ice again at night so we could have the rest on the balcony after dinner.

rgroves
09-05-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm planning on surprizing the DW with the Fairytail, and cheese platter on our Dec1 cruise on the Magic. We really like the Disney "sparkling wine".

I think we'll have to save some of our as well, as I've got a stone massage booked for 6pm, so I don't want to be "too relaxed" before I get RELAXED.... :)

Go to a wine store and get a "champagne saver" cork. It re-corks the bottle and keeps it bubbely for later consumption on the veranda to watch the sunset.