PDA

View Full Version : Pacific WebWorks-ANOTHER Beware!

Dcanoli
09-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Another Beware Girls...

Pacific WebWorks....

They do a lot of different paid trials...normally, I have not had ANY problems w/them...they operate under Google and Ebay business kits, etc.

They charge a $4.95 fee for s/h and normally the materials never show up. The first time I tried them, I called to say the materials never showed up, and they offered to extend the trial period until they arrived. However, seeing how they operate,I went ahead and declined the extension and got out of the deal.

That was in June. I tried them again on 8/16. Paid my $4.95 and waited the obligatory 14-day trial period. AGAIN, no materials showed up, and I called to cancel on day 14--8/30.

Today, a $50 charge showed up on my credit card! When I called to tell them I had canceled, they said I was outside the trial period. I told them I had 14 days (and 16 + 14 = 30). The man was curt and rude on the phone and said that they count the day you sign up as Day 1.

That put my trial period ending on 8/29 instead of the 30th. I have done quite a bit of trial offers, and I have never come across one that operates that way. Normally, they count by 24-hour periods and some companies will even quote you a time and date when the trial period ends.

Also, as a general rule of thumb, I like to work my trial offers out to the day before instead of the calculated day of, but I could not get to the offer on the 29th this time.

The man even went so far as to say, "Would you like us to count together to 14?" How rude!

I have put an e-mail in to my credit card company because not only did Pacific WebWorks not fulfill their end of the bargin by not sending me any information, they charged me, in my belief, on the 14th day, not the 15th.

Be careful when you are dealing with them. No matter how late in the day you sign up for their offer, they still count that as Day 1.

I'm sure you veterans were already aware that some of these companies count the trial offer days this way, but I was not, and I had not run across any that did count this way.

sunshinegirl
09-04-2007, 07:29 PM
The man even went so far as to say, "Would you like us to count together to 14?" How rude!

I almost choked when I read this!!!

Wilsonfamily4
09-04-2007, 08:34 PM
I almost choked when I read this!!!

ME TOO!! I have a problem with my temper very rarely BUT I do seem to lose it when it comes to people over the phone, Or internet. They think they can say things that are so rude because they cannot see you and do not know you. I would have been LIVID. I am so sorry for you.

Dcanoli
09-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Tricia,

I can't believe you replied to this thread! :goodvibes

I actually posted this exact post on the "other reward site" I use sometimes because I was sure it came from them, but I just looked at my papers, and guess what? It's yours!

It was the Google SEO Supervisor offer. It paid right away, but I never received the kit, which I'm sort of glad now.

I said to the man, "I canceled on Day 14." "No, you canceled on Day 15." "No, 16 + 14 = 30. I canceled on the 30th." "We actually count the day you sign up as Day 1." (Not even a full 24 hours! I thought free trial offer days were just that--days!) (...and no where do they tell you exactly HOW they count the days.)

We eventually got to the part where he said, "Would you like to count to 14 together?" I knew at that point what I was dealing with and after telling him my intentions, I simply said, "Okay. Thank you." Then, I hung up while he was still trying to tell me I was in breach of contract!

Do you think I should post about the way they count days on the Sunshine forum?

It's a good paying offer and credits fast; I just don't want anyone else to go through what I have to go through now.

Deb

sunshinegirl
09-04-2007, 10:23 PM
I may have to put in a ton of time on the SR forum, but I can't help my love for the DIS. LOL!

I'd say that it would be fair to mention the way that the trial runs on SR. Just don't mention the stuff about cancelling. You don't even have to say that it was a good offer or credited well. Just a little "reminder" that some of these trials start on the very first day and people need to use them from the very first minute that they sign up or risk not being able to make the most of their trials. I think that's a safe way to warn them without making advertisers angry.

Dcanoli
09-04-2007, 10:29 PM
I knew I couldn't mention the canceling part, but I agree-people need to be aware of this "first day" rule some of the merchants are applying.

murphnjamie
09-05-2007, 02:03 PM
I had the same thing happen with Freecreditreport.com. I called to cancel on day 30 and apparantly it ended at the midnight on the 29th day. I had to pay the 9.99 for one month. :headache:

Dcanoli
09-05-2007, 02:28 PM
My fee was a lot more heavy at almost $50!

I immediately disputed it with my credit card company. (I have one credit card that I use only for Get Paid To sites.)

Thank goodness the fine print said, "....for the shipment of the Google Home Business....please allow 5 - 10 business days for deliver."

I never received anything from them, and I am disputing the fact that they say "...after the 14 day trial, you will be billed...."

DAYS to me are 24-hour periods....and that's how I figured it up...

That is why I ALMOST ALWAYS try to cancel an offer I'm not happy w/on the day BEFORE the allotted number of days.

ANYWAY....we will see what happens.

I'd hate to think I'd worked all month on surveys just to pay a $50 canceled membership fee!