PDA

View Full Version : handy manny?

ahilly
09-04-2007, 08:49 AM
is he out in the parks yet? DS wants to be him for halloween and I was wondering if anyone has seen him out yet? we go in november and DS would go wild if he saw him. thanks.

karmalicousss
09-04-2007, 08:53 AM
Well we went last year in August and we didn't see him but that was over a year ago so he might be i don't know??

QueenGoblin
09-04-2007, 08:56 AM
My DD is a fan too. I think I saw someone mention that he already has been sighted around the Playhouse Disney area at MGM. But I could be confusing that with the fact that they are revamping the Playhouse Disney show and maybe he is going to be part of that...I am pretty sure people have actually seen him already though...I'm hoping someone knows for sure and can help us out!

LadyShea
09-04-2007, 09:34 AM
I found this report (http://home.att.net/~disneysue/characters/wdw/handymanny.html) that he was seen in the parks around March, but as a new character, no permanent status as to where and when he can be seen consistently yet.

Desnik
09-04-2007, 03:19 PM
I read on this site a report all about all the new changes at MGM. Like the new name and new attractions. It also stated the Playhouse Disney stage show will be updated. It also said Handy Manny will be in the area where JoJo and Little Einsteins are signing autographs. I believe it said he will be there this fall. DS is also a big fan and I am sure we'll get to see him on our trip in Nov. I'll post back if I can find that article.

Desnik
09-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Here is the info I was referring to. It is from Deb's site:

Disney-MGM Studios will be renamed Disney's Hollywood Studios effective January 2008. In addition, a number of changes are coming to the theme park. Along with the previously announced Toy Story Mania! attraction, set to open in summer 2008 on the site of the former "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire -- Play It" soundstage, here are a few of the other things to look for:

-- "Block Party Bash," an interactive parade, already running in Disney's California Adventure, that features characters from "The Incredibles," "Toy Story 2," "Monsters, Inc." and "A Bug's Life." It will debut in spring 2008, replacing the "Disney Stars and Motor Cars" parade.

-- "Playhouse Disney-Live on Stage!" gets a whole new cast from Playhouse Disney shows, including "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse," "Little Einsteins," "Handy Manny" and more. "Playhouse Disney-Live on Stage!" will close for most of January 2008, and will reopen in February.

-- "Disney High School Musical 2: School's Out!" will replace the popular current street show "High School Musical Pep Rally" this fall, featuring songs from the new Disney Channel movie "High School Musical 2."

-- Handy Manny , a new Disney Channel character, will begin holding "meet and greets" in the Animation Courtyard next to "Playhouse Disney-Live on Stage!" in November 2007.

-- Disney's Hollywood Studios will feature the Harlem Gospel Choir November 30 - December 25, 2007.