PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Disney Countdown

Disney4my2boys
09-03-2007, 10:00 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any cute ideas for a Disney Countdown for my kids? They are excited about the trip and keep asking me when we are leaving. We are not leaving until September 22.

Thanks!

shewelch
09-03-2007, 10:31 PM
How about a puzzle created with the same number of days... at jigzone or another online puzzle creater where you can upload your pictures...

autumnl78
09-03-2007, 10:37 PM
or an old advent calendar with a disney pic pasted over it and pics of characters in the days. each day they could take out a pic and tape it to a pic of the castle. the day before you leave could be a pic of the family to paste in with the whole character crew. :)

Wannabe Belle
09-03-2007, 10:57 PM
WOW,
We are leaving on the 22nd also, are ya'll flying? And are you staying at POP?

We made a countdown out of paint chips from Home Depot. They are in the shape if Mickey heads. And then we wrote numbers on them and we take one off every night. Then we put Disney stickers all over it. It was so fun to make and we got the stuff either at Dollar Tree or for free at Home Depot! I'm sure your kids would love it!! We are now on day 19!!! Heres a pic:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x90/WannabeBelle/100_6944.jpg

Hope you have fun!!!

mommyof2princesses
09-04-2007, 05:29 AM
WOW,
We are leaving on the 22nd also, are ya'll flying? And are you staying at POP?

We made a countdown out of paint chips from Home Depot. They are in the shape if Mickey heads. And then we wrote numbers on them and we take one off every night. Then we put Disney stickers all over it. It was so fun to make and we got the stuff either at Dollar Tree or for free at Home Depot! I'm sure your kids would love it!! We are now on day 19!!! Heres a pic:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x90/WannabeBelle/100_6944.jpg

Hope you have fun!!!

We did something similiar. I had a mickey punch and made mickey heads for each day left till we leave. I threaded them on some floss and hung them up. Each day the kids took one mickey head off the string. It taught my dd3 to count backwards! It also helped me since I was so excited too!

We also did a calendar and wrote the countdown on it. I will try to take a pic and post.

Disney4my2boys
09-04-2007, 03:52 PM
I love all these ideas, they are so cute! We went to HD today to pick up the Mickey Paint Samples.

btw- we are flying jet Blue and we are staying at the GF.

Thanks Everyone!!!!

Jack&Ryan'smom
09-04-2007, 04:05 PM
We are leaving on 9/22 also!! My boys and I did the countdown calendar with the Mickey heads and they love it! It's the 1st thing they do each morning. We will be staying at POR!!:cool1:

bama-mom
09-04-2007, 10:15 PM
We are not going until 10/22, but I LOVE this idea!!