PDA

View Full Version : Normal Amount of Luggage?

katiemomoftwo
09-03-2007, 07:37 PM
We have never flown or taken more than a two day trip with our kids. Our kids are 5 and 2 and we are staying for 6 nights.

I'm planning on checking 2 lg. suitcases full of clothes, a bag for toiletry items, a small suitcase for surprise tinkerbell gifts.

We will carry-on a tote with the kids' blankets, a small suitcase with 1 outfit for everybody and necessities, and a briefcase type bag with entertainment for the plane (coloring books, cd players, etc.).

Plus, I will either have a purse or backpack, whatever I will carry in the parks.

Does this sound like a normal amount? too much? too little?

I don't want to cram everything in as I plan on taking home some souvenirs. But we'll need to pack Pull-ups and won't come home with most of them.
Thanks,
Katie

RCBA
09-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Sounds about right to me. Just make sure you don't bust the weight limit on your checked bags :)

QueenGoblin
09-04-2007, 09:21 AM
When we took DD (3 and a half at the time) last year we had a large duffel for DH, a rolling suitcase that is technically small enough to be a carry-on for me and my DD's very small rolling suitcase (just big enough for her clothes). We also had DD's backpack for her games/toys, etc. and a backpack that DH carried and my sling bag. We didn't fly, but I think we would have packed the same way even if we had flown. We had no problems with souvineers, but you could pack a lightweight bag if you think you might need more space, or you can ship some stuff home. For a 6-7 day trip I think an average of one suitcase or duffel and one backpack per person should be about right (give or take a bag or two depending on their size and whether you are packing two kids' stuff into one bag etc.)