PDA

View Full Version : BBB with short hair? Pics, anyone!

cissy
09-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Is there someone out there with some experience in taking their short haired daughter to BBB? My DD's are 5 & 6 and they both have just-below the chin hair. Will there hair look okay? What if it can't go into a bun?

Any pictures of what the results looked like? I can talk them into letting it get longer for the trip, but they really prefer it short.

Thanks!! princess: princess:

strmtroopr96
09-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Giving a Bump!! I am interested in some pics too!! Thanks!! :wizard:

Wannabe Belle
09-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Sorry if I sound silly but what is BBB? I'm interested!!!;)

breagirl
09-04-2007, 12:14 AM
a friendly bump as well...my DD8 has just above her chin bob and already has her appointment....I hope they can work with her. What about the Cool Dude look for boys with short hair?

luvmy2sams
09-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Sorry if I sound silly but what is BBB? I'm interested!!!;)

BBB stands for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. See this thread for answers to every possible question: BBB FAQ (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1333944)

I'd love to see some short hair pics, too. DD8 has an appointment at the MK location next month. I'm sure that the FGIT's are trained to handle even the shortest of hairstyles. :)

cissy
09-04-2007, 10:29 AM
bumping but also...

I know many people don't want to put pics of their kids on the net and I don't blame them.

But is someone would even crop the pic so only the hairstyle would show, that would really help. Looks like a lot of us have this issue!!

THANKS!:banana:

strmtroopr96
09-04-2007, 10:58 AM
LOL I need to know so I can decide whether to get her haircut tonight. School starts tomorrow and she does need at least a trim but I would like to have it cut between her shoulders and ears again. We leave for WDW on the 7th so it would be much cooler if it was shorter. Her appointment for BBB is on the 14th. princess:

I just found a pic of her hair length from our trip last September. She did the BBB then too but it looks like her hair was at her shoulders then. She had the Disney Diva look done. :goodvibes

I have seen posts on the BBB long thread where girls with chin length (or shorter) hair were done up with no problems. So maybe we will just have th efull haircut done and then be fine at BBB anyway. :wizard:

revrob
09-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Here's a pic of my DD from her last visit to BBB. Her hair is short. It doesn't really matter. Her stylist said that as long as they can get even a tiny strand of hair in a pony tail holder, they can do it. They just slick back all the hair that they have and put on the fake hair anyway.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i236/scrappindisney/siggyprincess-flattened-1.jpg

pednurse
09-04-2007, 12:11 PM
OK, over on the Theme Park Attractions & Strategies Board, there's a huge thread on the BBB with tons of pictures. Someone had the time to go through it and make a brief catalog of the pictures (not me!). I looked at their list and glanced over to the mentioned posts to verify....if you go there and check out these posts, you'll see pics of girls with short hair who've had the BBB experience:

page 49, post 732
page 66, post 989

It mentions during a whole discussion on short hair and the BBB that as long as they can get even a little bit at the top into a pony tail for the stuff to clip onto, then they can gel/hairspray the rest into place to look nice. They do mention that if it is REALLY short, then the diva or pop princess style would be better than the fairy-tale princess (hair up in a bun) style. Hope this info helps!

cissy
09-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Thanks so much! I saw that thread but didn't want to go near it as it is over 100 pages!!

That was really nice of you.:cloud9:

jenb1023
09-04-2007, 01:07 PM
DD's hair was about chin length when we went (see attached non-WDW photo). They managed to put in a pony tail, braid it and put it in the Disney Diva hairpiece. She loved her long hair!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/152345dance.jpg
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/1523451.jpg

cissy
09-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Adorable! Thanks for the picsprincess: