View Full Version : DCL "Survival kits" - Christmas Gifts.. ideas?
09-03-2007, 12:06 PM
Hi, little background.. We are cruising right after Christmas, for new years, with my inlaws - who are big time DCL vets (like 2 cruises a year!!) and my sis in law's family, who like us, are DCL (or any cruise line for that matter) newbies...
So, for Christmas, i was thinking of instead of doing my "traditional" holiday decor, i would do Tropical decor, as all of us who will be at my house will be cruising, it will be like a pre-cruise party! :banana:
And, i was thinking of making a small DCL survival kit for each person going (some adults, some kids) - i know i am going to be doing tshirts for each person, but i wanted to add a couple small other things of intrest.. But, being that i have never cruised, i am not sure what to do.. I want to keep it smaller/lighter for packing issues.. ;)
So, nothing to big..
I am also making signs for our doors, but i will be bringing those down in my own suitcase, so those won't be part of the package..
So, any brainstorming ideas are appreciated! :thumbsup2
09-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Just thinking out loud here, but how about.............
Travel-sized bottles of sunscreen
Chapstick with sunscreen
Hairpins or barrettes for the ladies that have tropical flowers attached
Earrings in bright tropical colours
Brightly coloured flipflops
A cruising-related travel book
A passport holder in a bright tropical colour
Something pirate-themed (with Halloween coming up, you should be able to find some little goodies that are pirate-related)
If I think of anything else, I'll post :)
09-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Here's my ideas as I am doing the same thing. My brother and sister in law along with my husbands brother and his wife are all going with us next time. So for Christmas I've been picking up things along the way for a gift basket.
These are all things that I found useful in May.
- Mini bottle of air freshner
- Tide to go
- tiny trial size kleenx
- mini lint roller
- Wal-Mart has these mini sets in their back to school aisle in buckets. They have tiny scissors and mini tape dispenser and another one with a mini pen and a mini hi-lighter. (Use for cutting of tags, loose threads, hi-lighting plans in the Navigator)
- I'm going to make countdown chains that have tips on the inside of each one. Like time to make ressies. Time to find dog sitter. Stop the mail/newspaper. Go shopping for sunscreen. Then some silly things to pass the time. Maybe fun facts about the ship or where things are located.
- At Ron Jon's in Cocoa Beach they sale these key holders that go around your neck. They hold credit cards sized items (KTTW cards, cash, etc.) Great for when you go to the beach/pool and don't want to leave these things just laying around. They are waterproof. I'm sure other places sale them, but ours came from Ron Jon's.
-Over the door shoe holder for organizing items.
- Safe Sea (look it up online) My daughter got stungs numerous times in Cozumel.
- Tiny first aid kit with band aids.
- Travel size wrinkle release
- I found luggage tags with Disney characters online. They were about $8 each but very cute and heavy duty.
I think thats all I've gotten so far. PM me if you need info on how/where to find some of these things.
09-03-2007, 01:57 PM
I did cruise kits several years ago for my family: they included a waterproof disposible camera, a small travel alarm clock, small container of dramamine, and a small can of lysol spray.
09-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Cool! Thanks so much for the great ideas! I will keep you posted with what i come up with..
I am definately thinking some disney theme luggage tags, and mabye autograph books for the kids.. My mind is turning.. lol.. Thanks!
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.