PDA

View Full Version : tickets for playhouse shows

tink06
09-03-2007, 10:20 AM
I read somewhere on the disboards, that if you have reservations at Hollywood and Vine the morning of the performances, they sometimes hand out tickets for that days show. Does anyone have any experience with this? We have reservations for H&V first thing in the am, and figure worst case, if they didn't give out tix, one of us could shoot over to the courtyard to stand in line. Do they let you in the park earier just to stand in line for the tix, or only if you have the reservations (looking to see if I can get an edge on the crowd :lmao: )
thnx

tink06
09-07-2007, 01:34 PM
Bumping up to see if anyone has had any experience getting these tickets either last year, or if you just got back... :confused3

WDWorBUST
09-07-2007, 07:20 PM
I can't speak for this year - but last year they did for Johnny & the Sprites. I don't know about the other shows. And actually by the time we got over to the theater they were still trying to get people to go and it was only about 2/3 or so full.

Tink561
09-07-2007, 08:55 PM
I hope they hand them out for Playhouse Disney. We'll be there next week and have breakfast scheduled for Thursday.

tink06
09-08-2007, 10:10 AM
WDWorBUST, thank you for that info. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Tink561, good luck - let us know how it went when you get back. Have fun!

greeneyedchic75
09-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Last March when we were there we did Hollywood and Vine for breakfast and they did not pass out any tickets, but we didnt have any problems getting in to watch Disney Playhouse Live.You line up just like a regular attraction to get into it and u dont need tickets for it. Its alot of fun too :) Hope u have a wonderful trip!

Tink561
09-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Last March when we were there we did Hollywood and Vine for breakfast and they did not pass out any tickets, but we didnt have any problems getting in to watch Disney Playhouse Live.You line up just like a regular attraction to get into it and u dont need tickets for it. Its alot of fun too :) Hope u have a wonderful trip!

This is not the atttraction that we're discussing. It's part of the Little Ones Travel time and they are special concert type things that are only there during this time. You need tickets to see it.

greeneyedchic75
09-08-2007, 07:08 PM
This is not the atttraction that we're discussing. It's part of the Little Ones Travel time and they are special concert type things that are only there during this time. You need tickets to see it.

oh ok was just trying to be helpful, well the regular playhouse disney show is fun too in case u arent able to get tickets to the one u r trying for. Good luck on the other playhouse disney show :)

Tink561
09-08-2007, 07:16 PM
oh ok was just trying to be helpful, well the regular playhouse disney show is fun too in case u arent able to get tickets to the one u r trying for. Good luck on the other playhouse disney show :)

Thanks! I'm looking forward to both. Playhouse Disney wasn't around when my boys were little so this will be our first time to see the regular one too.

livndisney
09-08-2007, 07:47 PM
We went to the Doodlebops concert today. They lined people up before the park opened and walked them in line to the ticket location.

Tink561
09-08-2007, 07:51 PM
We went to the Doodlebops concert today. They lined people up before the park opened and walked them in line to the ticket location.

Hmmm... I wonder how that will work since we have reservations for the breakfast right when the park opens. I wonder if that will make us miss the concert?

jaxpooh
09-09-2007, 08:55 PM
My DD18 took my DS5 to the Doodlebops today, got in line at about 8:55am(park opened at 9), headed straight to the line for tickets, tickets for every show were gone by 9:12am!!! Luckily she was able to get theirs before they ran out since she drove over 2 1/2 hours to take him to see them.

anitra
09-09-2007, 09:25 PM
I'm so new at this...I've got a Playhouse Disney question. DD 8 and DS 6 are dying to see Bear in the BB House, do they still show this performance even though there is the new concert series going on? Is it even in the same venue? I found out Choo Choo Soul is scheduled for when we're there...we've seen it on TV and aren't crazy about it- we'd be more excited to see the regular show. How does this work? Is Choo Choo Soul included as part of the Bear show or is it something completely different? Thanks to anyone who can help me figure this out...I was so nervous posting a question...:)

anitra
09-11-2007, 09:46 PM
I'm so new at this...I've got a Playhouse Disney question. DD 8 and DS 6 are dying to see Bear in the BB House, do they still show this performance even though there is the new concert series going on? Is it even in the same venue? I found out Choo Choo Soul is scheduled for when we're there...we've seen it on TV and aren't crazy about it- we'd be more excited to see the regular show. How does this work? Is Choo Choo Soul included as part of the Bear show or is it something completely different? Thanks to anyone who can help me figure this out...I was so nervous posting a question...:)

Just trying to see if anyone can tell me anything about these two shows...Thanks so much! We're going to WDW Oct 3-8 :confused:

syko
09-12-2007, 07:02 AM
The normal evey day PlayHouse Disney show is the one with Bear in the big blue house, and yes it is still on.
The PlayHouse Disney concert series is a series of live shows that are being performed in a large tent behind the RnR ride, you need to get tickets to see these, just makes shure you are at the gates for MGM by 9am and you will get them without any problems.
You are walked around backstage to the stage and they ask you what time tickets you would like and then send you to the correct table for that time, they then give you your tickets.
You need to be back at the tent 30 mins before your show time.
If you can not get tickets they also have a stand by line, we saw the Doodlebops twice and both time all the people in the stand by line got in.

anitra
09-12-2007, 07:12 AM
syko - thanks! Your info helps a lot

:thumbsup2