PDA

View Full Version : Share your best Pixie Dust moment!!

yndygo
09-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Well given my own recent helping of Pixie Dust, I'm feeling all squishy and sparkly...:cloud9:

So I was hoping other people might care to share their own Pixie Dust Moments... pixiedust:
So what was it that took your DCL experience from being just great to "magical"?
:tinker:

What unexpected, above-and-beyond thing happened that you tell your friends and family about when you talk about *your* DCL trips?

Share your Pixie Dust Moment with me?

Thanks!!!
:grouphug:

yndygo
09-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Seriously? No one has one to share?

Or is it just that it's the long weekend and most DISers are out spending time with their families?
:confused3

Im_A_Princess
09-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Well, for me it was when my DH and I were sitting by the Adult Pool on a quite day. My DH was talking about trying another cruise line sometime. Not that we did not love DCL it was just that we had never been on any other cruise line except Disney. Along came Minnie Mouse. She sat down in the lounge chair next to me and "talked" to us for about 10 min.
That was "IT" for us. He was stunned! It still makes us smile and laugh.
Also, watching the Princesses with the kids just melts my heart. I always have to stop and look at the scene from above.
One day we watched as 2 "cool" teens were playing Ping-pong when Chip & Dale asked to play. It was SO awesome to watch the "tough" teens turn into "kids" again. They were laughing and having a GREAT time.
Our teens also played Ping-Pong with Goofy but we did not see it.
Disney is really magical for us!

yndygo
09-02-2007, 07:40 PM
That's exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to read! :)
I mean, there's got to be a moment for everyone here, or why do we keep going?

Thank you!!!!
(((((hug))))))

livvysmom
09-02-2007, 09:42 PM
I posted this on another board and I get goosebumps every time I think about it and look at the picture. My daughter is 4 and I adopted her internationally. We went on the Wonder this summer. She dressed as Cinderella and we went to the princess gathering. We were lucky enough to be 3rd in line and Cinderella was last. My dd had a few private moments with her and Cinderella taught her to twirl and curtsey in her gown. I didn't get it caught on tape but the gasps from above in the atrium and the photographer's comments and I was just a mess. Back in Jan. I had back surgery and couldn't decide if I should spend the money on that dress since I am a single mom with the nice big adoption loan to pay back. But as I stood there watching my daughter with Cinderella I realized at that moment that my daughter was truly given the opportunity to live the American dream. Never in a million years would I ever have dreamnt my daughter would have "private" time with Cinderella anywhere in this world. I can only imagine what her birthmother would have thought at that moment.

We also had a couple of other magical moments on the ship but that is the one she will forever remember.

mjy
09-02-2007, 10:47 PM
Two years ago I took some friends of mine (husband & wife and their four sons) to WDW for New Year's week.

They hardly ever have the opportunity to go on vacation.

I put them up in a 2 bedroom villa at the Boardwalk.

They went Disney-nuts as they attempted to re-create pictures that they had taken of their sons at Disney spots 12 years earlier. They were having the time of their life.

Then, to see the looks on their faces as we watched the midnight fireworks on New Year's Eve at EPCOT -- it was all sooooo worth it! :)

Andrew DEREK UK
09-03-2007, 02:07 AM
Kids having Palo soufflé in Animators.
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r259/ANDREWPORTER/DCL2007031.jpg

yndygo
09-03-2007, 01:30 PM
I posted this on another board and I get goosebumps every time I think about it and look at the picture. My daughter is 4 and I adopted her internationally. We went on the Wonder this summer. She dressed as Cinderella and we went to the princess gathering. We were lucky enough to be 3rd in line and Cinderella was last. My dd had a few private moments with her and Cinderella taught her to twirl and curtsey in her gown. I didn't get it caught on tape but the gasps from above in the atrium and the photographer's comments and I was just a mess. Back in Jan. I had back surgery and couldn't decide if I should spend the money on that dress since I am a single mom with the nice big adoption loan to pay back. But as I stood there watching my daughter with Cinderella I realized at that moment that my daughter was truly given the opportunity to live the American dream. Never in a million years would I ever have dreamnt my daughter would have "private" time with Cinderella anywhere in this world. I can only imagine what her birthmother would have thought at that moment.

We also had a couple of other magical moments on the ship but that is the one she will forever remember.

You know, I've actually read this by you before... and it made me tear up just as much then as it did now.

(((((((((hug))))))))))))

Thank you!!! :)

yndygo
09-03-2007, 01:31 PM
Kids having Palo soufflé in Animators.

How cool is that!!!?! I didn't even know that was an option! Which is probably for the best, as that soufflé is sinfully good and probably just adds 10 lbs to my hips instantly!! :)

Andrew DEREK UK
09-03-2007, 01:44 PM
How cool is that!!!?! I didn't even know that was an option! Which is probably for the best, as that soufflé is sinfully good and probably just adds 10 lbs to my hips instantly!! :)

Its really not an option unless you 'ask' politely

Laurabearz
09-03-2007, 01:44 PM
I am stuck on the whole I'm feeling all squishy and sparkly... statement.... :lmao:

ImTooExcitedToSleep
09-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Picking DS up from Flounder's Nursery and finding this:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/156084alicec.jpg

KweezyCruiser
09-03-2007, 06:45 PM
My 7 y.o. daughter is getting a little jaded and is starting to doubt the MAGIC. Last week, however, she decided she believes in Tinkerbelle because she saw her move something along a shelf during Disney Dreams.

Our other special moment was when she was selected to be a dwarf during The Golden Mickeys. I can't remember the last time I saw her so full of joy.

KweezyCruiser
1st time poster
3 time cruiser

yndygo
09-03-2007, 07:35 PM
Omg that is so cute ImTooExcitedToSleep!! What a great memory that will be over the years!

KweezyCruiser - keeping the magic alive is huge!
When we got a picture of my DD with Peter Pan, there was a flash that showed up in the picture (down and to the right a bit by the edge of her hem) and as soon as she saw it, my DD said "look Mommy! Tinkerbell!"

Sure enough!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/yndygo/DIS/wonder_mar07/peterpan.jpg

noahsmom
09-03-2007, 08:30 PM
We had a true pixie dust moment. On our 1st cruise, ds was 4 1/2, I picked him up from the Oceaneer's Club for dinner. We stopped at the craft table to pick up his art. There he found his wand made of construction paper and tongue depresser. With wide eyes he said "Mommy do you know what that is?" he was pointing to glitter that went all around the star of the wand, I said "no, what is it?" He replied "it's pixie dust, real pixie dust. We all got some."

He so believed and in that moment all the $ we spent on the trip was worth it. I still have the wand 5 years later.