PDA

View Full Version : shopping for meds or forgotten items

myweefeet
09-02-2007, 02:47 PM
We are staying on site in two weeks at WDW, are there places on site that you can get forgotten items and things like children's tylenol or other medications you might need last minute that you either brought and ran out of or forgot to pack? Where are the stores like this on the property, Downtown?

all4fun
09-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Yes, the baby care centers in the parks stock everything from baby food to diapers, OTC meds, pacifiers - most of the "essentials". You can also find a pretty good selection of these items at the resort gift & sundries shops. Of course, you'll probably pay a premium too so while its nice that its there in case of emergency, I still would rather not rely on it. I hope that answers your questions though! :)

lovetoscrap
09-02-2007, 03:11 PM
If you are desperate for a medicine that you might have forgotten and is not stocked in the Gift Shops (they carry the basics) then talk to the Front Desk. There is a local Pharmacy that will deliver any med to the resort to you--prescription if you have one called into them, or non prescription. I had a huge problem last time I went because I forgot my prescription Allergy medicine and was miserable by the 3rd day. I can substitute Claritin in an emergency and the pharmacy brought me some within a few hours. Yes, you pay a premium price but I was so desperate I didn't care. I don't even think they charged a delivery fee though. We were at the parks and they just left the package at the front desk and charged it to my room account.

Very easy and helpful.

myweefeet
09-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Thanks, it's good to know I at least have options. I don't plan on forgetting something! In fact chances are if I forget something it will be my underwear before it will be something for the kids! I am notorious for leaving behind something really important for myself!

In fact I usually bring just enough diapers for the first day on a trip, but I think due to prices and/or the cost to get to a more reasonable store since we are not renting a car, I will just be sure to stock up on lots of diapers in the suitcase. Thank goodness for at least one child I can just bring every pair of underpants we can find. Working on potty training, but not totally out of the woods, but not in diapers either!:thumbsup2

Mkrop
09-03-2007, 01:06 PM
I would pack a mini pharmacy if you kids are particular about what they take (like DS9 only grape otherwise he gags) or if only one type of say cough med works for your kids. The gift shops only have the basics like Robitussin and Tylenol but my kids do better with Delsym for coughs etc. I wish I had known about the pahramcy delivery thing, I would have used that last trip.