PDA

View Full Version : Dining deal? Dining plan? What?

I_Believe_In_Faries
09-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Hi fellow Disers :banana:

Can someone please explain the disney dining plan to me and how i sign up for it? Ive never quite understood how all this works. :wizard:

thank you!

dreamergirl78
09-02-2007, 01:00 PM
Are you wanting to get it for your trip that is in 11 days?

JeanfromBNA
09-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Try this thread: http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116

Ilovestitch
09-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Do you have a package booked? Just call Disney or your TA and tell them to add the dining plan on. You have to add it on before you depart, you can't add it on at WDW.

I_Believe_In_Faries
09-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Are you wanting to get it for your trip that is in 11 days?

lol no actuallly that countdown is until im 18 and i thought that was when we were going but it had to be changed to Oct. 24-28.

RllngRckBrw
09-03-2007, 09:44 AM
The dining plan alows you the following per day:

One Snack (I usually use mine for a muffin, bagel, or fruit for b-fast, but chips, water popcorn, soda etc, are also acceptable)

One counter service meal (this includes the meal, drink and desert: this is usually your burger and fries places, but there are a few more inventive counter service meals if you look)

One table service meal (including a non alc/specialty drink, an appetizer, and entre and desert...yes that is per person. This is where the DDP pays off because the resturants at Disney, while amazing, can be quite expensive)

If you are just a burger and fry guy and dont eat that much you may not want to DDP however if you want to eat at the sit down resturants every day, it is almost a must. Be aware though that you will need reservations and some (very few) are booked 5 or 6 months in advance.

We always do the DDP and as much as I eat, I never am wanting more.

lizzytizzy
09-04-2007, 03:11 PM
I have a question to that I am hoping that somebody can help me with.
My daughter will be 10 by the time we go on our next trip at the end of this year. I plan to buy the package from Disney Travel (plane tickets, dining plans, etc). My question is can I still get her the kids dining plan even though she isn't 9 anymore? She eats like a bird and is such a picky eater that the adult dining plan would not be worth it for her.
Thanks in advance! :woohoo:

2forMe
09-04-2007, 03:49 PM
I have a question to that I am hoping that somebody can help me with.
My daughter will be 10 by the time we go on our next trip at the end of this year. I plan to buy the package from Disney Travel (plane tickets, dining plans, etc). My question is can I still get her the kids dining plan even though she isn't 9 anymore? She eats like a bird and is such a picky eater that the adult dining plan would not be worth it for her.
Thanks in advance! :woohoo:

Nope you will have to get her the adult plan if she is ten before you leave on your trip.. but if she is 9 at the start and turns ten during the trip.. than yes she gets the child's plan

Mickiethepooh
09-04-2007, 04:00 PM
You have to get her the adult dining plan but she could eat from the kid's menu if she likes. Though not as cost effective Maybe she will be having a growth spurt then and surprise you.