PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Magic - St. Maarten's Shore Excursions

winnieminnie
09-02-2007, 03:01 AM
We have booked the 12/22/07 Eastern on the Magic and I have a couple of questions I was hoping some of you experts could help with.

We'll be on St. Maarten on Christmas Day. As I understand it, almost all the shops will be closed, so we're planning to spend the day on the beach. I am leaning towards booking an excursion with Disney to the beach because I'm not sure if there will be a lot of taxis about and am a little nervous about taking a taxi to the beach and then not being able to find one back to the ship. Do you think this is a valid concern?

Can anyone tell me about the Afternoon Beach Bash Tour - particularly, how much beach time do you actually get on this excursion?

We are also interested in the French Riviera Beach Rendezvous, but I understand this leaves in the morning and if there are Christmas morning festivities on the ship, I don't want to to miss them. DCL wasn't able to tell me any of the specifc Christmas Day ship activities yet.

Any help will be appreciated! BTW - for anyone else going on this cruise, I called DCL yesterday and they told me many of the excruisions won't be running on Christmas Day.

:santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

WDWLVR
09-02-2007, 09:34 AM
Welcome to the DIS and the DCL forums.

We did Christmas on the Magic back in 2004. We were in St. Thomas that day and all the tours were operating and most of the stores were open (though many closed early afternoon).

Looking at the Navigator from that Christmas day here is what they had:

8:30 am Interdenomination Service in the Buena Vista Theatre

9:30 - 11 Sanda Visits in the Atrium (they also had Santa Visits from 1:30-3:30 and 4:-5:30 on Christmas Eve)

10:30 am Interdenomination Service in the Buena Vista Theatre

Catholic Mass was celebrated at 11 pm Christmas Eve in the Walt Disney Theatre.

Hope this helps. I haven't been on any of the St. Martin tours you mentioned so can't help there.

Wavegirl
09-02-2007, 11:29 AM
we were in Cozumel a few years ago at Christmas and booked a tour with Island Marketing and they had their tours running. You might want to check with them if Disney isn't operation all of theirs

http://stmaartencruiseexcursions.com