PDA

View Full Version : Refillable mugs and the DDP

JJ&JSMOM
09-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Just wondering if anyone buys the refillable mugs at their resort while using the ddp. Not sure if these refillable mugs are a good deal especially w/drinks being provided on the ddp for 2 meals per day. Seems like the mugs are quite expensive and I don't know as if we'd use them that often.

Mickiethepooh
09-01-2007, 01:51 PM
If you want lots of coffee in the morning or going to spend a fair amount of downtime at the resort they are worth it otherwise probably not.

melomouse
09-01-2007, 02:04 PM
We bought them this time with DDP and you are right, we didn't get as much use of them as we have in the past. BUT - what we did find ourselves doing if our plans went that was was using mugs for resort CS meals, getting a bottled drink as the CS drink and taking the bottled drink back to put in the room fridge. That way my kids had their Nesquick ready whenever.

JJ&JSMOM
09-01-2007, 02:16 PM
We bought them this time with DDP and you are right, we didn't get as much use of them as we have in the past. BUT - what we did find ourselves doing if our plans went that was was using mugs for resort CS meals, getting a bottled drink as the CS drink and taking the bottled drink back to put in the room fridge. That way my kids had their Nesquick ready whenever.

Good point - never thought about saving it for the fridge. But I'm not sure how much we'll use our resort CS - I guess we'll have to wait & see. I'm also having Garden Grocer deliver some water, milk, & soda to our resort so I'll have to factor that in as well.

melomouse
09-01-2007, 04:54 PM
LOL - We had gardengrocer deliver 2 cases of H20, Juices, milk and Diet Pepsi for yours truly! It was sorta like stocking the fridge at home!

Lots will also depend on how far your room is located from the Food Court and whether you carry the silly mugs around. I figure if I've refilled 5x or so in the whole trip, I'm even. But definitely the DDP changes things. After a few days, it feels like who needs a drink and dessert for every single CS? POOF! Enter the room fridge!LOL!

Whatever you do - I hope it's a terrific trip!

JJ&JSMOM
09-01-2007, 05:54 PM
LOL - We had gardengrocer deliver 2 cases of H20, Juices, milk and Diet Pepsi for yours truly! It was sorta like stocking the fridge at home!

Lots will also depend on how far your room is located from the Food Court and whether you carry the silly mugs around. I figure if I've refilled 5x or so in the whole trip, I'm even. But definitely the DDP changes things. After a few days, it feels like who needs a drink and dessert for every single CS? POOF! Enter the room fridge!LOL!

Thank you! I hope we have a good time!

mkross
09-01-2007, 06:04 PM
but we ended up buying one and I'm glad we did. We used it at the food court and took the bottled juices from our CS back to room for breakfast. Also, I was boring of bottled water after a while and the lemonaid was great. Also, it was VERY handy poolside. We shared one and it turned out just great. I would recommend buying one per 2 people.

JJ&JSMOM
09-01-2007, 06:29 PM
but we ended up buying one and I'm glad we did. We used it at the food court and took the bottled juices from our CS back to room for breakfast. Also, I was boring of bottled water after a while and the lemonaid was great. Also, it was VERY handy poolside. We shared one and it turned out just great. I would recommend buying one per 2 people.

Its funny because my DH just mentioned this. He thought the same thing - only buy 2 (we have 5 in our party) and take turns. OUr kids don't drink soda but if they have lemonade that could share and then ice tea or something like that for me. I know milk and juice isn't included else we'd definitely get mugs for all!:goodvibes

mcco5543
09-02-2007, 01:04 AM
My wife and I were on the DDP and bought the mugs and were so glad we did. A couple of factors that probably won't be a part of your equation that helped were:
1. It was summer and hotter than jalepeno peppers
and

2. We had an ECV with us and could carry the mugs in our basket.

We filled them first thing in the morning before heading out to the parks. They were so big they probably saved us a bottle of water in the morning and paid for itself just for that. On top of that we filled them again when we got home from the parks and had ice cold beverages to sip in the middle of the night if we got thirsty.

In addition (and yes i'm going to get horribly flamed for this) during our TS meals we had our glasses refilled a LOT and refilled our own mugs. Actually at one place the waiter saw our mugs next to us on the table and offered to fill them before we left just to add some "disney magic" to our day (and he sure did!)

If you're thirsty between the CS and TS meals and snacks I reccomend the Mug for sure.

natalielongstaff
09-02-2007, 03:01 AM
there are 4 of us and we buy two...one for the kids and one for me and dh :) we like the same drinks anyway so it works great

Amyrlin
09-02-2007, 03:40 AM
Yep, because I will want to drink more than a drink with each meal, it is hot!. If you have a refillable mug you can get bottled drinks with your CS meal (where available, such as resorts)and use the mug for your drink with the meal. That way you have a bottle to take to the park.

nikjd68
09-02-2007, 01:22 PM
We bought ours more as keepsakes than for the great deal on soda and coffee. Realistically, you really have to plan out carrying them around with you. If your room or the pool at your resort are not really close to the refill area, you really won't use them much.

Plus, over the years the mugs have gotten smaller, so refilling them constantly is a pain.

DISNEYJAZZ
09-03-2007, 10:04 AM
i assume the mugs are only refillable at your restort?

JJ&JSMOM
09-03-2007, 10:16 AM

Thats right.

We might just wait and see if we'll need them or not. Between the DDP and Garden Grocer we may have enough drinks.

Elise79
09-03-2007, 12:04 PM
We will be buying mugs again this as last year we used them loads!:goodvibes

We have a drink first thing in the morning before heading to the parks and then we like a drink by the pool in the afternoon. Sometimes we even had a third fill up in the evening after we get back.

They are well worth the money to us and they make a nice souvinear too ;)

Elise

PaulaSB12
09-03-2007, 01:01 PM

I amgoing for 21 days this time and so its going to be worth it even if I only have 2 drinks a day, and I do need a drink with every meal so I will use the cs ones with my lunch.

:cool1:

tashasmum
09-03-2007, 04:31 PM

We were in WDW last week and if you are cheeky enough you could take them to any resort and re-fill. We saw plenty of people doing this and people were even using mugs from years back.Some were using the disney paper cups they supply in your room.
The things that some people do never ceases to amaze me but personally we used ours only in the resort.

Mickiethepooh
09-03-2007, 04:37 PM
The current mugs being sold can be refilled at ANY resort.
But only for your length of stay.

Nancyg56
09-03-2007, 06:34 PM
We bought them last August and they were worth it for morning coffee and cold drinks in the evening or at the pool. In January we did not bother. Come October we will make the purchase.

srgibbs
09-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Another reason to think about getting them is depending on your children. We share a lot of CS meals at the resort as we have DD3 and DS5 who eat like birds. WE can get 2 meals and share between all of us. Kids can have the drinks and we can use our mugs. Also if it is true you can use them at other resorts than if you are eating dinner and heading back to the parks you could refill at the CS resort for later. Don't know if you are able to really do that or not though and have not tried.

bigbabyblues
09-03-2007, 07:33 PM
We get the mugs with the ddp.

Whenever we eat at the resort (usually at least once per day), we get the big bottles of water for our drink with ddp, and take those to the park that day. We use the refill mugs for drinks while we're eating at the resort.

musicmama
09-03-2007, 08:55 PM
If you are at one of the resorts with a frozen coke machine, the mugs are a must! (frozen coke in the morning on the way to a park, frozen coke at night on the way back to the room).

Or, as DD sometimes chooses, iced hot chocolate.

Well worth it!

penjen
09-03-2007, 09:07 PM
If you have a refillable mug do you have to be waited on by the cashier when you get your refill?
thanks

ProudMomTo3Boys
09-04-2007, 06:53 AM
If you have a refillable mug do you have to be waited on by the cashier when you get your refill?
thanks

You only pay for the cup the first time when you buy it, after that just go to the refill station and fill up.

beth_cam
09-04-2007, 08:25 AM
to expand on the above - the resort beverage stations are outside the serving/paying area of the food court so you won't need to go through the cashier.

We did as others said and used the mug at breakfast and brought back the juice/milk for later use. Actually I would go by myself to breakfast. I'd get my meal with a bottled juice or milk, get ice drink my dr. pepper that I brought with me over the ice in my mug, rinse the mug and refill it with coke. I'd then take that coke and the juice back to the room for the rest of the family to have drinks for their inroom breakfast of granola/oatmeal/cereal.

We looked at the mug as a souvenier. Sure we were going to use it some but didn't stress over getting our 'money's worth' out of it. I probably did fill it 5-6 times. But have filled it many many many times at home....all three of them.

tcp0421
09-04-2007, 08:57 AM
If you are at one of the resorts with a frozen coke machine, the mugs are a must! (frozen coke in the morning on the way to a park, frozen coke at night on the way back to the room).

Or, as DD sometimes chooses, iced hot chocolate.

Well worth it!

Which resorts have the frozen coke machines?:dance3: