PDA

View Full Version : arriving at airport at lunchtime...

minnie4me
08-31-2007, 09:35 PM
our early morning flight got canceled and now we are not arriving to orlando until noon. Since I doubt the airline will feed us I am not sure what to do about lunch. It is DH, DS(5ish) and myself. Breakfast will be quick and early and I figure it will take about an hour (using wdw transportation) to reach the Poly resort. Between the airport and Poly where can we get a quick bite...

mexican-mouseketeers
08-31-2007, 09:42 PM
Since you are using Magical Express and will only have your carryons, I would opt to eat at the airport. There are many good options there.

I would much rather eat there than be hungry all the way.

minnie4me
09-01-2007, 09:01 AM
that is a good point, I forgot I am not responsible for my luggage. We could grab a slice of pizza or something before heading off to catch a shuttle/bus. Thanks !!

Twingle
09-02-2007, 12:35 PM
I second eating at the airport - that's worked out very well for my family the last few times we traveled around lunch time.

Personally, we stop right after we get off the plane. We fly JetBlue, and the concorse that they land at has a bakery type place - Au Bon Pan? maybe? The sandwiches there are very good, we can always find something the kids will eat.

That way, once we get to the main terminal we can get right into the ME line!

Have a great time on your trip -

bzzymom
09-02-2007, 01:45 PM
We landed around noon and decided to go to the hotel and eat at the food court. We checked in, and then decided to go to MK and eat there. We ended up eating lunch at 3pm. I had packed goldfish for the kids and they were satisfied until we ate lunch. It worked out well.

lovetoscrap
09-02-2007, 04:14 PM
I agree with eating at the airport. The ME busses run frequently so it shouldn't slow you down. I have waited to eat lunch and dinner at the resort 2x and both times regretted it. By the time you get on the bus, get there, get checked in etc... it can take 2 hours or more. Go ahead and eat and be happy and figure on a snack later at the resort.

There are lots of great lunch choices at MCO also :thumbsup2

karenTX
09-03-2007, 09:28 AM
I had packed snacks for DD to munch on the plane but I also packed 2 Lunchables in my carryon. We shared those while in line for the ME bus.

Cory's Gal
09-03-2007, 04:04 PM
We arrived shortly after 12 noon on our last trip and my dad and mom were with. My dad is diabetic and he had to eat something before we jumped on ME. He grabbed a soft pretzel and some juice and that more than held him over until we checked in at Pop. DS who was just 2 years old had some too, it was a good pick-me-up without sitting and eating and taking up time, we were anxious to get there!!:goodvibes