PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grocer Problems

LauraAnn630
08-31-2007, 06:55 PM
I had to add a few items to my order.

So I emailed them. They never responded.

I called them and they told me to e-mail them.

I told them I did. I wanted to know if they got it and how should I pay.

They said they would call. They never did.

I e-mailed them again, never heard anything.

I dont know it they added my items or how Im supposed to pay.

I leave tonight. I guess only time will tell.

I would NOT recommend them. :(

UPDATE Sept. 8, 2007

We did not get our whole order. We are really disappointed with Garder Grocer!

all4fun
08-31-2007, 07:05 PM
They were horrible about responding to our emails too.
We got what we ordered though, during the time frame we had arranged, so the lack of communication was our biggest complaint. We will use them again. :)

I hope it all works out for you! Have a great trip.

eeyore3847
08-31-2007, 07:31 PM
you know we got to DW and had a set time to have our items delivered! They did not deliver till almost 9pm at night. way past the time... We ended up doing concierge so there ended not being a need for them. We will not use ever again!

Lori

LauraAnn630
09-01-2007, 01:57 AM
I will post to let everyone know how this all played out!

Thanks for the good wishes!

JJ&JSMOM
09-01-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I have emailed them 4 times in 1 month and no response. This week its my goal to contact them over the phone and get things straightened out. I am seriously considering cancelling and using another service. If I'm not satisfied after talking to them this week I'm going to cancel my order. I keep putting off calling as I have a hard time hearing on the phone so this should be fun. Good luck getting your groceries.

D,L and K's Mom
09-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Wow, we used them last Dec and we had great luck with them. I emailed a few times and got a quick response back every time. Our plane was delayed over night and we still got everything we ordered delivered to our room when we arrived. They had dropped it off the night before everything was there. I loved them!!! I hope they are not going down hill.....

Allison
09-02-2007, 03:15 PM
I wonder if they have been a victim of their own success. There were such great things said about their service and it was so highly recommended (including by me), I wonder if the volume of business has gotten beyond what they can handle.

js
09-02-2007, 09:13 PM
I am considering using gardengrocer or another service for my trip in December. We own a timeshare at Orange Lake Country Club and although there is a supermarket on site, I was thinking of trying this this trip since my dh will be missing the first few days of the trip (we leave on Sunday, he comes in on Tuesday night). He always does the foodshopping (home and on vacation) so it will be one less thing I have to do when we arrive.
On vacation I usually unpack while he does the shopping.
Anyway, how do you keep the cold items cold. I own a three bedroom timeshare with full kitchen so maybe my items would be different than those of you in a hotel room with small fridge.
Please let me know, I am very interested especially concerning, milk and OJ.
Thank you.

emh1129
09-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Please let us know how this plays out. I was planning on using them in December but I don't want to worry that it might be a huge hassle.

Cinders Mum
09-04-2007, 01:58 AM
I needed to add some items onto my order, and so I reply emailed them from my original confirmation order, and a few hours later (keep in mind we are +5hrs from the US) I had a confirmation email advising my additional items had been added to my order. No problems.

So far, I can only say positive things about my experience with them

Val
xx

theparsons
09-04-2007, 08:16 AM
I am considering using gardengrocer or another service for my trip in December. We own a timeshare at Orange Lake Country Club and although there is a supermarket on site, I was thinking of trying this this trip since my dh will be missing the first few days of the trip (we leave on Sunday, he comes in on Tuesday night). He always does the foodshopping (home and on vacation) so it will be one less thing I have to do when we arrive.
On vacation I usually unpack while he does the shopping.
Anyway, how do you keep the cold items cold. I own a three bedroom timeshare with full kitchen so maybe my items would be different than those of you in a hotel room with small fridge.
Please let me know, I am very interested especially concerning, milk and OJ.
Thank you.

The moderate/deluxe hotel rooms on site have a small refrigerator....the value's don't have one, but you can request one for I think it's $10 a day. PLUS, there are several refrigerator swaps going on....where someone bought one of those small dorm room type fridges and when they were ready to leave they passed it on to someone just arriving, who passed it on when they left, etc. I know OP doesn't need that, but anyone who does, just do a search for fridge swap and find one that matches with your dates of stay. Someone came up with a neat little idea and it appears to be spreading. We're staying in a rental house so won't need it, but before I decided not to stay onsite I was reading about them a lot, lol.

Many offsite hotels that I've ever stayed at have a small refrigerator....my guess is that somewhere like WDW hotels would be "most" instead of many. Even many of the cheap hotels (Days Inn, Motel 6, etc) have had a refrigerator. Small...but there. Keeps the soda cool and the leftover pizza too.

js
09-04-2007, 10:15 PM
The moderate/deluxe hotel rooms on site have a small refrigerator....the value's don't have one, but you can request one for I think it's $10 a day. PLUS, there are several refrigerator swaps going on....where someone bought one of those small dorm room type fridges and when they were ready to leave they passed it on to someone just arriving, who passed it on when they left, etc. I know OP doesn't need that, but anyone who does, just do a search for fridge swap and find one that matches with your dates of stay. Someone came up with a neat little idea and it appears to be spreading. We're staying in a rental house so won't need it, but before I decided not to stay onsite I was reading about them a lot, lol.

Many offsite hotels that I've ever stayed at have a small refrigerator....my guess is that somewhere like WDW hotels would be "most" instead of many. Even many of the cheap hotels (Days Inn, Motel 6, etc) have had a refrigerator. Small...but there. Keeps the soda cool and the leftover pizza too.

Thank you but I may not have explained it correctly.
When you order the food, and it needs to be in the fridge, and you don't show up to check in until 4 pm and the food has been sitting behind the front desk since 11 am, does gardengrocer provide something to keep the cold items cold and not spoiling? This is my question. Thanks.

all4fun
09-04-2007, 10:21 PM
When you order the food, and it needs to be in the fridge, and you don't show up to check in until 4 pm and the food has been sitting behind the front desk since 11 am, does gardengrocer provide something to keep the cold items cold and not spoiling? This is my question. Thanks

Bell Services has a refigerator to keep your refrigerated items cold.

theparsons
09-04-2007, 10:33 PM
I would check with the hotel that they'll take that responsibility. If they don't sound like it's no big deal, we do it all the time, then you might ask Garden Grocer about purchasing one of those small stryofoam coolers and stocking it with a brick of dry ice (most groceries carry it). That would certainly last 12-24 hours (depending on the size of the brick and the container etc), so that it could just sit in an office in the hotel lobby and still keep your milk cold and such. I'd be concerned about leaving that to the hotel....whereas if you pay Garden Grocer for a cooler and dry ice and then arrive to find the food spoiled, you'd have some recourse....whereas with the hotel if they didn't have room in their fridge, or "it's for employees only" or something, you're stuck.

You can't be the first visitor that needed their food kept cold until they could get to their room and get their refridgerator cooling, etc...so chances are Garden Grocer is already well versed in handling this type of situation.

Sorry I misunderstood the first time...but hopefully now I'm getting your drift!

GiGi30
09-05-2007, 05:58 PM
I had to add a few items to my order.

So I emailed them. They never responded.

I called them and they told me to e-mail them.

I told them I did. I wanted to know if they got it and how should I pay.

They said they would call. They never did.

I e-mailed them again, never heard anything.

I dont know it they added my items or how Im supposed to pay.

I leave tonight. I guess only time will tell.

I would NOT recommend them. :(

I am in your boat! Did the same thing for delivery next weekend. I haven't heard a thing! We also switched hotels and I haven't gotten a confirmation either. I guess we'll see if they get it right!:scared1:

DisneyFanatic75
09-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Please lets us know how it works out. I was thinking of using them for our next trip. We probably won't be renting a car next time we go so I was hoping to use this service. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you and everyone else using them.

momof2forever
09-05-2007, 09:47 PM
Wow, we used them last Dec and we had great luck with them. I emailed a few times and got a quick response back every time. Our plane was delayed over night and we still got everything we ordered delivered to our room when we arrived. They had dropped it off the night before everything was there. I loved them!!! I hope they are not going down hill.....

When you said dropped off, did they leave the groceries at the front desk of your resort? We were wanting to do this service but was afraid we would not be at the room.
Thanks

yrdlyprincess
09-05-2007, 10:46 PM
isn't there any other place?? I was thinking about using them for some different things that I might need.

KandiB47
09-06-2007, 06:07 AM
I am considering canceling my order. This is not the first post of this type. There is another long one about bad GG service on a DVC board thread. I don't want to have to worry about hit or miss service on vacation.

JJ&JSMOM
09-06-2007, 08:26 AM
When you said dropped off, did they leave the groceries at the front desk of your resort? We were wanting to do this service but was afraid we would not be at the room.
Thanks

This would be my first time using Garden Grocer but from what I understand they leave the groceries w/Bell Services and Bell Services can store the groceries. The cold items would be refridgeratered (sp?). You don't have to be in your room..well I guess it depends on how you've paid for them. I've paid already so they can leave items w/o me having to be there. We have not ordered any alcoholic drinks though. I think you have to be there so they can make sure you're of age if you have ordered beer, wine etc. Hopefully someone whose used there services will chime in but I'm pretty sure I understand it correctly.

JJ&JSMOM
09-06-2007, 08:29 AM
isn't there any other place?? I was thinking about using them for some different things that I might need.

I've read good things about www.wegoshop.com but never used them. I think www.goodings.com is still doing this service - not sure - I haven't read anything about them in about a year. Someone also mentioned www.netgrocer.com but I haven't read much about them. It may be worth researching.

JJ&JSMOM
09-06-2007, 08:32 AM
I am considering canceling my order. This is not the first post of this type. There is another long one about bad GG service on a DVC board thread. I don't want to have to worry about hit or miss service on vacation.

I'm in the same boat - I may cancel today if I don't feel satisfied after talking w/them. I've delayed cancelling because they were very nice about rescheduling our delivery and not charging a restocking fee after we had to cancel our May trip the day prior to leaving. I've only had great customer service up until July. A previous poster said they might be victims of their own success and I agree 100%.

MousekaMaddi
09-06-2007, 09:06 AM
we have used GG 6 times in 2 years and have had stellar service, I wouldnt use anyone else, everything was delivered, the orders were exact and delivered in COLD bags(designed to keep things colder longer) and the resorts kept the cold bags in their fridges. In march, even the paper bags were cold, as if they too had been kept cold! We used the cold bags for ice all week! Loved it! Items were always delivered right to our rooms in the time frame we specified! Its the only way to go!!

JJ&JSMOM
09-06-2007, 11:43 AM
We cancelled our order! DH called them just a few minutes ago. GG said they did not receive any of the 4 emails from me. They also said they didn't receive the prior email informing them of our change from OKW to Poly which they replied back to. So needless to say - DH was not happy and neither am I. So we decided to cancel our order and go somewhere else. And if its too late to get someone else I'll take a taxi to get our stuff - I will not contact them again. I think they're so busy they can't keep up. I will agree that our order was confusing but I made the emails so simple. I guess it didn't matter that I emailed them because they never rec'd them.:mad: Which I highly doubt - everyone else I've emailed have rec'd their emails no problem.

Oh well - I wish you all luck w/your groceries. For those of you who haven't already - CALL THEM don't hope they have it right! :mad:

Squidrific
09-06-2007, 12:01 PM
Here is a link to the problem I had with them and the continued lousy service since. I still have never received any kind of reply to my complaints about their service.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1564036&referrerid=

all4fun
09-06-2007, 12:05 PM
Well I guess I'm going to have to eat my words. After discussing these threads w/dh we will probably not be using GG again unless we hear reports that things have changed.

At least you know before you get there that things weren't right and you have to make other arrangements/plans. Still, not good at all!

JJ&JSMOM
09-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Here is a link to the problem I had with them and the continued lousy service since. I still have never received any kind of reply to my complaints about their service.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1564036&referrerid=

Wow - just had the time to read that thread. Amazing - I am so glad we cancelled our order. I placed an order w/wegoshop - hopefully things go better there. The one thing I really liked about GG is that if you paid w/a cc they'd leave the groceries w/Bell Services. Not sure if wegoshop does that or not - I've asked but no reply yet. We really don't want to wait around for groceries when we arrive - we want to explore the parks.

ETA: wegoshop will leave w/front desk when paying w/a credit card; cold items will be kept cold by bell services; Marge (coowner) seems very nice and made me feel very confident that everything will be delivered just fine.

LauraAnn630
09-08-2007, 12:04 PM
ops Double post.

LauraAnn630
09-08-2007, 12:05 PM
UPDATE Sept. 8, 2007

We were missing over 7 things!!

GiGi30
09-08-2007, 12:07 PM
This makes me very nervous! We have 1 week until our vacation! The communication has been poor on Garden Grocer's part.

JJ&JSMOM
09-08-2007, 12:12 PM
This makes me very nervous! We have 1 week until our vacation! The communication has been poor on Garden Grocer's part.

I would definitely call them asap. If you're not satisfied switch to wegoshop. Although this is our first working w/them it was nice to talk w/someone who cared & I could tell she was very organized. And she also was very concerned w/how I felt leaving my cc# w/her. She reinforced that she is the only one that sees credit card info & not to worry. But we'll see how it goes - I do feel better having switched!

JJ&JSMOM
09-08-2007, 12:13 PM
UPDATE Sept. 8, 2007

We were missing over 7 things!!

Sorry to hear that - hopefully you informed them & they've brought the missing items to you. They should do that.

Disney Ron
09-08-2007, 06:22 PM
I just cancelled my order with GG. We decided to rent a car instead. The customer service was absolutely horrible. I called with a simple question and the girl who answered the phone was rude, she insisted I email. I emailed and my email went without a reply for a week. After sending a second email, I finally got a reply. I then sent an email to cancel my order asking for a email reply to confirm, this to went without any acknowledgement from GG for several days. My last follow-up email to GG requested some reply to show it was cancelled, finally it too was answered.

We have used GG in the past without a problem, but after this experience it turned me off. There have been several simlar threads about people with issues. Looks like we will be renting a car from now on.

Mrs. Disney Ron

jenjersnap
09-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Ack, this has me so worried. I have a little guy and will NEED my items, including diapers. And I prepaid with CC. I never received an emailed confirmation either and so I emailed them asking and just got a single sentence reply "Yes, we got it, your (sic) all set"

Has anyone at all has a GOOD experience recently? Should I call a few days before to confirm everything?

emh1129
09-08-2007, 07:43 PM
I think we're going to re-think our plans for December. This makes me too nervous..

Disney Ron
09-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Ack, this has me so worried. I have a little guy and will NEED my items, including diapers. And I prepaid with CC. I never received an emailed confirmation either and so I emailed them asking and just got a single sentence reply "Yes, we got it, your (sic) all set"

Has anyone at all has a GOOD experience recently? Should I call a few days before to confirm everything?

I have a DS (11 months). I had a good size list of baby items. I just felt like with the poor customer service I got and negative feedback from others, we were just better off cancelling. With small one's like our :cloud9: DSs, I could not chance them screwing up.

I used them in March 2007. For that delivery all of my baby stuff was ok, but they told me they could not find any brand of diet ginger ale?!?!?!?!?! :confused3

I found the lack of reply to emails so frustrating, with our trip quickly appoaching.

I hope you have success with GG and have a magical trip!
Mrs. Disney Ron

LauraAnn630
09-09-2007, 01:12 AM
I called them. I wanted to know what was charged to my credit card and informed them about the missing items. They offered to deliver them but we declined. I was sick of dealing with them.

JJ&JSMOM
09-09-2007, 08:12 AM
I called them. I wanted to know what was charged to my credit card and informed them about the missing items. They offered to deliver them but we declined. I was sick of dealing with them.

I don't blame you! They really have some work to do - I think the first step would be in firing the "lady" who answers the phone or getting her some customer service training. She pretty much implied we were lying - very upsetting.

She said she would credit our account within 72 hours - well thats today and guess what? I don't see a credit yet but since its Sunday I'll wait & see if its posted to my account tomorrow.

WeRblam
09-09-2007, 08:35 AM
We had no problems with them for our delivery to the Ft Wilderness Cabins. I did everything via email and got confirmations rather quickly. Sounds like they are having some issues with their customer service but I think you will be okay as long as you have your confirmation.

KandiB47
09-09-2007, 12:39 PM
We cancelled our order! DH called them just a few minutes ago. GG said they did not receive any of the 4 emails from me. They also said they didn't receive the prior email informing them of our change from OKW to Poly which they replied back to. So needless to say - DH was not happy and neither am I. So we decided to cancel our order and go somewhere else. And if its too late to get someone else I'll take a taxi to get our stuff - I will not contact them again. I think they're so busy they can't keep up. I will agree that our order was confusing but I made the emails so simple. I guess it didn't matter that I emailed them because they never rec'd them.:mad: Which I highly doubt - everyone else I've emailed have rec'd their emails no problem.

Oh well - I wish you all luck w/your groceries. For those of you who haven't already - CALL THEM don't hope they have it right! :mad:

I haven't gotten any email replies and I'm tired of worrying about it so I just send a cancelation email. I wonder if they will respond to that:rolleyes:

I called Marge from wegoshop.com and she seemed like a very nice lady. You can actually get ahold of her so that is a plus:thumbsup2 I used the garden grocer website to make my grocery list for wegoshop :lmao:

JJ&JSMOM
09-09-2007, 12:56 PM
I haven't gotten any email replies and I'm tired of worrying about it so I just send a cancelation email. I wonder if they will respond to that:rolleyes:

I called Marge from wegoshop.com and she seemed like a very nice lady. You can actually get ahold of her so that is a plus:thumbsup2 I used the garden grocer website to make my grocery list for wegoshop :lmao:

LOL - I did the same thing using our GG list because it had the product description & size, etc. I tallked to Marge Friday night and she seems very nice & organized. I did forget to put orange juice on the list so I may add it or just get it at Captain Cooks.

Make sure they credit your account. I'm waiting to see on mine.

Aliceacc
09-09-2007, 01:18 PM
I just emailed the link to this thread to Garden Grocer.

Let's see what their reaction is, and whether knowing how large a problem it is actually makes a difference in the coming months.

Then I'll decide who gets my order for next summer.

JJ&JSMOM
09-09-2007, 01:41 PM

Let's see what their reaction is, and whether knowing how large a problem it is actually makes a difference in the coming months.

This isn't the first time GG has had this problem. Last summer they had the same problem (I found that out after cancelling my order) and their customer service has been up and down. The owner did come on and address the situation at the time but I don't think it satisfied many folks. I think the link is in the link posted on the 2nd page. It lists a response from GG to a poster who complained. I read somewhere that the owner posted something too but I can't find it now. Too much research!!

I guess they should know how we all feel (although I think they have an idea about us) but next time you may want to make sure its ok w/other posters before sending it. Some of us haven't rec'd our money back yet.

Aliceacc
09-09-2007, 01:51 PM
Good point; my apologies.

Although I can't imagine that they're unaware that these boards (and others like them) exist... I would imagine that they get a LOT of customers through this site. And I would imagine that anyone who posts something in a public forum does so with the knowledge that the person they're writing about may very well read the post.

Someone who now gets a refund ands posts it will only help their current image problems. If things don't improve, they can't say that that customer service was unaware of the magnitude of the problem.

JJ&JSMOM
09-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Good point; my apologies.

Although I can't imagine that they're unaware that these boards (and others like them) exist... I would imagine that they get a LOT of customers through this site. And I would imagine that anyone who posts something in a public forum does so with the knowledge that the person they're writing about may very well read the post.

Someone who now gets a refund ands posts it will only help their current image problems. If things don't improve, they can't say that that customer service was unaware of the magnitude of the problem.

No problem - its just a courtesy thing thats all - obviously we all know this is the internet & anyone can read our words who is connected as well. I'm sure GG knows of these boards. As I said in my last post - this has been an ongoing problem according to other posts I've read. And from what I've read the owner came on the disboards last summer and apologized. So not sure what good it'll do as they didn't learn from their past experiences. Who knows - they supposedly didn't receive any of my emails so they probably won't get this thread :lmao:!

Anyways - I hope they turn it around - its a great service and business to have in the that area -lots of tourists. Have a good time at Disney next summer.

disneyjunkie
09-09-2007, 02:49 PM
I would definitely call them asap. If you're not satisfied switch to wegoshop. Although this is our first working w/them it was nice to talk w/someone who cared & I could tell she was very organized. And she also was very concerned w/how I felt leaving my cc# w/her. She reinforced that she is the only one that sees credit card info & not to worry. But we'll see how it goes - I do feel better having switched!

Wegoshop has also had problems. As matter of fact many DISers switched to GG when others started posting horror stories about wegoshop.

JJ&JSMOM
09-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Wegoshop has also had problems. As matter of fact many DISers switched to GG when others started posting horror stories about wegoshop.

I know I read this too. Seems like they go back and forth. After the ordeal & frustration w/GG I would never use them. So far w/wegoshop I've had great service and I feel very comfortable w/our switch. Marge took the time to explain the whole procedure, I could tell she familiarized herself w/my order prior to callling, and was very polite, she called when she said she would and answered my emails. So far thats so much better then GG.

Someone wrote something like this on another thread and I agree 100% - Every business has their ups and downs. Its how they react to the down times and their customers during the down times that makes them a good business.

KandiB47
09-09-2007, 10:18 PM

Hey, something is fishy here...is disneyjunkie actually the owner of Garden Grocer? They found the thread so quickly:rotfl:

disneyjunkie
09-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Hey, something is fishy here...is disneyjunkie actually the owner of Garden Grocer? They found the thread so quickly:rotfl:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Oh please

Do a search and you'll find out that I have NOTHING to do with GG.:mad:

KandiB47
09-10-2007, 06:57 AM
Sorry, apparently I wasn't obvious enough. I was joking.

a1tinkfans
09-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Also tried Garden Grocer and it was a no go for us as well this past Aug trip.

Not professional operation at all. Honestly think its a "back room" operation, which I am a strong supporter of, since I own my own home business...

BUT...know your limitations and be honest with people when you can't provide the service you're allegedly offering.

We would not use them again.

Squidrific
09-10-2007, 04:58 PM

To be honest with you, I don't get the impression that they really care. I e-mailed them when I returned about the problems that occured and asked them to respond and they didn't. I have also e-mailed them links to the DVC thread and there was no response to that either. It's too bad, they had an opportunity to address a situation and just apologize and they didn't. Now they have lost my business.

LauraAnn630
09-10-2007, 07:11 PM
I was waiting for more complaints then I was going to e-mail this to them.

I think you are right, they dont care.

lovesdumbo
09-10-2007, 07:58 PM

I did have a very good experience with them in August. I got an email confirmation after placing my order. Everything was as ordered. All the cold items were kept cold by bell services. My friend also used them in August and had a simular positive experience. I did call and asked a question about delivery before I placed my order and the man I spoke to was pleasant and knowledgeable.

JJ&JSMOM
09-11-2007, 08:56 AM
I still have not received a credit to my account. I emailed GG & we'll see what I get for a reply. They said within 3 days - its been 5.

danabalana
09-11-2007, 11:27 AM
I am new here, but aren't there other grocery delivery options??:confused3
Safeway or Albertsons or the like? I've heard mostly bad about GG. I guess I'll have to do some research. More to follow if I find anything.

princess: -->ME<--:laundy: pirate: DH pirate: DS16

JJ&JSMOM
09-11-2007, 11:39 AM
Theres some websites listed on the 2nd page of this post. I've heard of Albertsons but don't know anything about them.

KandiB47
09-11-2007, 07:06 PM
I still have not received a credit to my account. I emailed GG & we'll see what I get for a reply. They said within 3 days - its been 5.

I haven't heard a reply at all or gotten my money back.

theparsons
09-11-2007, 07:22 PM
I don't when you paid, but remember if you used a credit card you normally have 60 days to file a dispute claim with your credit card company. I would send Garden Grocer an email telling them if you don't receive a refund by X date that you will file a dispute claim with your credit card company. Check the back of your credit card statement to be sure that your company adheres to the industry standard of 60 days....there are a few out there that have shorten times!

Something the average person may not realize....but I guarantee you that the merchants know......each time a dispute claim is filed against them and they lose (which if they can't prove they delivered the merchandise paid for, they will)....they not only have the funds removed from their account, and a service charge for the dispute, but banks also keep track of how many disputes they have to deal with for each of their merchants (this would be Garden Grocer's bank, not yours). When it reaches a number set by the bank then Garden Grocer's rate will go up.....if it gets too high then the merchant will close GG's merchant account, meaning they can no longer process credit cards payments. They can attempt to go to another bank, but it's basically their "credit" that is trashed.......and just like you or I would pay higher rates or not be able to get a loan with bad credit....too many dings against their merchant account and they could be in serious trouble. Especially a company like this that would likely be 99% credit card business.

So obviously it behooves GG to take care of problems before they go to disputes. You should give them a reasonable amount of time (if you have it to spare before the dispute deadline).....perhaps a week to 10 days at most. Even very small companies would send their credits through weekly....most companies do it daily, but homegrown types might not have that much staffing. Each bank is different in it's requirements, but I've never heard of a bank that allows credits to go past 10 days. Sometimes when you get a refund at a store the clerk will tell you that it could take a week or more to post....that's building in time for their store to post the credit at their bank and your bank to post it to your online credit card statement. It's such an automated process now though that it really should be 2-3 business days for really lax banks.

IF YOU PAID VIA PAYPAL....realize that you only have 45 days to dispute (I don't even know if GG takes Paypal....but wanted to mention that just in case).

Aliceacc
09-11-2007, 07:23 PM
What do they say when you call instead of emailing?? It might be harder to blow you off when you're on the phone.

JJ&JSMOM
09-12-2007, 07:56 AM
What do they say when you call instead of emailing?? It might be harder to blow you off when you're on the phone.

The last time DH spoke w/them was Thursday when we cancelled our order. I asked DH yesterday what he wanted to do - call them or email them (as they always say to email them). He said email today call tomorrow. Yesterday was the 5th day and their website says allow 3-5 days for refunds (although on the phone they said 3 days) so we gave them yesterday to do file a refund. See we paid for our order in Feb. so not sure if that will become an issue or not. We'll see.

KandiB47
09-12-2007, 12:05 PM
IF YOU PAID VIA PAYPAL....realize that you only have 45 days to dispute (I don't even know if GG takes Paypal....but wanted to mention that just in case).

I did use paypal to pay but it was back in July. I will be contacting the better business bureau if I don't hear from them.

KandiB47
09-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Oops, double post

JJ&JSMOM
09-12-2007, 01:13 PM
DH called this morning. The girl who answered said it was processed but takes a week or two to post to our cc as the original transaction date was in Feb. They do the credit through PayPal (thats the way I paid). So we'll see what happens.

Luckymommyx2
09-19-2007, 10:19 AM
DH called this morning. The girl who answered said it was processed but takes a week or two to post to our cc as the original transaction date was in Feb. They do the credit through PayPal (thats the way I paid). So we'll see what happens.

Any update yet? We used GG in May and had no problems but I'm going to watch carefully between now and our trip next May before using them again. I agree with the poster that said that they are probably becoming a victim of their own success. Sorry to hear about your problems with them and I hope it gets worked out for you.

JJ&JSMOM
09-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Any update yet? We used GG in May and had no problems but I'm going to watch carefully between now and our trip next May before using them again. I agree with the poster that said that they are probably becoming a victim of their own success. Sorry to hear about your problems with them and I hope it gets worked out for you.

Just checked & the credit hasn't gone through on my cc yet. So we'll keep checking - we go to disney in 10 days so a credit of $200 on my cc would be great. I guess we'll just have to wait it out - if nothing soon we'll call AGAIN. Thanks for asking.

Luckymommyx2
09-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Sorry you're going through this. I hope the credit comes through before you're trip so you can put it behind you. Either way have a magical trip...
extra pixie dust for you. :wizard: :wizard:

JJ&JSMOM
09-19-2007, 03:07 PM
Sorry you're going through this. I hope the credit comes through before you're trip so you can put it behind you. Either way have a magical trip...
extra pixie dust for you. :wizard: :wizard:

Thank you!

mommytobug
09-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Have you considered disputing the charge and that way the cc company could deal with it.

bluedaisy1974
09-19-2007, 04:42 PM
you are being incredibly patient!

if it were me, i'd be super pissed that they were taking that long to refund my money when i'm sure they were more than quick to take it from you in the first place!

JJ&JSMOM
09-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Just wanted to update everyone on our situation. I checked PayPal today and the credit went through. It actually went through on the 17th but PayPal credited the original card which has been closed for about 6 months due to fraudulent use and I wasn't checking that card as I didn't think any transactions could go through on it. I'll be getting the credit balance credited to the replacement card. So finally some closure to our ordeal w/GG. I must say the last two times we called they were very nice and polite.

The only advice I have is document your calls and keep on 'em. Good luck to everyone!

I loveStitchnippyjon
09-22-2007, 01:05 PM
Just wanted to say that we used Wegoshop last week and everything went very smoothly. Our checkin was delayed and we arrived at the resort at the same time as Marge. She took charge of arranging for bell services to keep our food refrigerated until we could get into our room, and accepted a personal check without any ID required! She seemed very concerned that everything go smoothly, and was a very nice and friendly person. I highly reccommend her!

Luckymommyx2
09-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Just wanted to update everyone on our situation. I checked PayPal today and the credit went through. It actually went through on the 17th but PayPal credited the original card which has been closed for about 6 months due to fraudulent use and I wasn't checking that card as I didn't think any transactions could go through on it. I'll be getting the credit balance credited to the replacement card. So finally some closure to our ordeal w/GG. I must say the last two times we called they were very nice and polite.

The only advice I have is document your calls and keep on 'em. Good luck to everyone!

I'm glad everything worked out for you before your trip. Thanks for the update and have a wonderful vacation. :goodvibes

JJ&JSMOM
09-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Just wanted to say that we used Wegoshop last week and everything went very smoothly. Our checkin was delayed and we arrived at the resort at the same time as Marge. She took charge of arranging for bell services to keep our food refrigerated until we could get into our room, and accepted a personal check without any ID required! She seemed very concerned that everything go smoothly, and was a very nice and friendly person. I highly reccommend her!

Nice to hear this. We're having Marge deliver our groceries as well and everytime I've spoken w/her she has been so nice. I asked her to just leave the groceries as we might go to the parks after w/check in. Maybe we'll run into her I'd love to meet her. Shes only going to charge my cc 10% gratuity but I would like to give her more. I wonder if I asked her to charge 20% if she would. I'll call her prior to leaving anyways. Thanks for the recommendation.

JJ&JSMOM
09-22-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm glad everything worked out for you before your trip. Thanks for the update and have a wonderful vacation. :goodvibes

Your welcome and thank you.

hollieplus2
09-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Well, after reading this post we decided to cancel GardenGrocer. We have decided to rent a town car service and will just do the free grocery stop. It would have been easier to have it all delivered but I don't want to take the chance. I called and the guy was very nice, I told him I wanted to cancel and he said OK, no problem. I didn't ask about a refund so I guess I'll call back in a couple days and see what's up.

JJ&JSMOM
09-22-2007, 03:51 PM
Well, after reading this post we decided to cancel GardenGrocer. We have decided to rent a town car service and will just do the free grocery stop. It would have been easier to have it all delivered but I don't want to take the chance. I called and the guy was very nice, I told him I wanted to cancel and he said OK, no problem. I didn't ask about a refund so I guess I'll call back in a couple days and see what's up.

Good idea. I would think they would automatically credit your account but they seem pretty busy lately - can't hurt to doublecheck. Have a great vacay - I see you're going in 7 days as well. Hope we have nice weather!

KandiB47
09-23-2007, 08:10 AM
I sent two emails with no responses so I did call yesterday. I spoke with a nice guy (Brian) so hopefully I'll get my money back soon. I have mostly heard complaints about some lady who answers the phone and is very rude. Maybe she got fired;)

I mentally prepared myself for this mean lady before I called and then a pleasant sounding guy answered. I was thrown off.

I send the emails to GG and to myself so I have record of those. I also wrote down the guy's name that I talked to yesterday. Hopefully I'll get my money back soon:wizard:

JJ&JSMOM
09-23-2007, 08:30 AM
I sent two emails with no responses so I did call yesterday. I spoke with a nice guy (Brian) so hopefully I'll get my money back soon. I have mostly heard complaints about some lady who answers the phone and is very rude. Maybe she got fired;)

I mentally prepared myself for this mean lady before I called and then a pleasant sounding guy answered. I was thrown off.

I send the emails to GG and to myself so I have record of those. I also wrote down the guy's name that I talked to yesterday. Hopefully I'll get my money back soon:wizard:

Good luck. I think Brian is the owner I'm not 100% sure but I think he is. Hes always been very nice to us. Its the lady thats not so nice - maybe shes gone or they have her stocking shelves or something.:rotfl:

GiGi30
09-23-2007, 10:15 AM
They sent our order last week to AKL. We stayed at the Poly. We switched resorts, and I called twice and e-mailed them about the change. They did have them to us within 2 hours of us making them aware of the problem. I would use them again. They got all of our items right, just sent them to the wrong place!