PDA

View Full Version : Bounceback Free DDP and Discounted Deluxe DDP Promotion

Pages : [1] 2

smartestnumber5
08-31-2007, 03:36 PM
Just an FYI--we are currently at Pop Century and came back to our room to find a flyer offering a bounceback promotion for free dining for Sept 2008 (Aug 30-9/27 according to the flyer) if you book (and put down a $200 deposit) before the end of your stay.

I called the number on the flyer and had them price some things for me. A 3 night stay at Pop (standard room) w/ 1 day base tix for 2 adults and free DDP = 431.52. (By my calculation 3 nights at Pop + 1 day base tix for 2 adults bought separately = 427.99.) Don't know where that extra $4 comes from :confused3 .

3 nights at Pop (standard room) w/ 1 day base tix for 2 adults and Deluxe Dining Plan = 623.52. So there's a $192 difference btw the package w/ the Deluxe DDP and the package with the regular DDP which comes out to $32/person per day. So the discount for the deluxe DDP is a bit more than 50% off if the $69.99 price per person per day is accurate (not sure if that price has been confirmed).

Right now we're not sure if we should book something or not since the dates or so late (apparently starting Aug 30th) and labor day comes early next year. I might be teaching a course that would probably begin the day after labor day. But I figured DISers would be excited to hear the news.

Mickiethepooh
08-31-2007, 03:45 PM
It seems very odd to me that they would offer the free dining for next year to the people who are on free dining now. LOL

jamounger
08-31-2007, 03:54 PM
How long does the promotion run? We are arriving Sept 25, will we still be able to book this?

smartestnumber5
08-31-2007, 04:02 PM
How long does the promotion run? We are arriving Sept 25, will we still be able to book this?

My flyer says you have to book and make the deposit before you check out and on or before Sept 28th.

I wonder when free dining ends for 2007--I assume later than Sept 28th?

Amyrlin
08-31-2007, 04:12 PM
Hmmm, sounds attractive

jamounger
08-31-2007, 04:12 PM
Free dining ends Sept 22. Thanks for the info. I will be checking in and booking my trip for next year all at one time! Now I have to get out my 2008 calendar. I have even booked a short trip in Dec hoping that the Bounceback was going to be offered then. Will have to go anyway because the plane tickets are already in the bag. Life is rough.

jenjersnap
08-31-2007, 04:33 PM
With a deluxe discount ... now I am tempted. Gotta see how we survive the September heat to decide though.

AmberI
08-31-2007, 04:54 PM
Man i'm so going to book this :) Can't wait till the 14th.

Amyrlin
08-31-2007, 04:55 PM
It is better than the offer for over here (UK) where no values were available and a longer tickert was needed and there was no deal of the DxDDP

mickey2000
08-31-2007, 04:56 PM
It seems very odd to me that they would offer the free dining for next year to the people who are on free dining now. LOL

Why ???

AmberI
08-31-2007, 05:01 PM
Do you have to book it at your hotel or can you do it over the phone?

mickey2000
08-31-2007, 05:03 PM
Do you have to book it at your hotel or can you do it over the phone?
When I just called POP they said when you are there a phone # is given to call.
They confirm you are there then make your future reservation.

AmberI
08-31-2007, 05:14 PM
Thats so cool! I hope they will still have room when I get there. Man now I know why so many people love disney.

StrollPatrolMom
08-31-2007, 05:18 PM
I hope this is still going on when we're down there on the 21st. I also hope we can upgrade to a deluxe for next year. Yay!

sugarlens
08-31-2007, 05:52 PM
I will be there in 9 days from 9/9 to 9/14. I hope this promotion is still going on! Do you actually get a better deal if you book it right then vs booking it next year when the promotion is being advertised? :yay:

Julieh22
08-31-2007, 06:11 PM
Do you get the phone number from guest services at your hotel?

Microcell
08-31-2007, 06:32 PM
I will be there in 9 days from 9/9 to 9/14. I hope this promotion is still going on! Do you actually get a better deal if you book it right then vs booking it next year when the promotion is being advertised? :yay:

My guess is that based on last year's bouncback, there is no difference, in price, but you won't have to sweat it out wondering if they will offer it the following April or not! Also, you have 12 months to pay it off instead of 6!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

You also need that year to save up for the tips you have to pay for!

BTW I wonder if it is being offered at all the resorts or just POP? If so, I wonder if I can go there and get the Bounceback when I go in 3 weeks.

Disneynutbsv
08-31-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm bummed:( If it doesn't start until the 30th of August, that only gives us 3 days...I loved it before when they started the last full week of August...oh well, maybe they will still offer it in the Spring with a different time frame.

caracap
08-31-2007, 07:08 PM
:cool1: We will definetely do it while we are there!! I just hope they offer it when we check in on the 22nd!!!!!!!!

ellyn2000
08-31-2007, 07:46 PM
I'm already booked for Aug 31 - Sept 6, 2008 with the dining plan. Hope we get in on the free dining! :woohoo: Thanks for the info.

PammyPoppins
08-31-2007, 08:01 PM
We are staying at Cornado Springs starting Sept. 11th, is it only avaliable at Pop Century? Does anyone know?
PammyPoppins

Allison
08-31-2007, 08:07 PM

Actually, to me it seems like the people they would focus on. It got them there once, why not twice?

angiedora
08-31-2007, 08:26 PM
This is very tempting:woohoo:

Bronte
08-31-2007, 08:31 PM
Are the dates for Free Dining 2008 Aug. 30 or Aug. 3 ???????
Kids go back to school the second week of August.
Thanks for any info..

LisaBi
08-31-2007, 08:51 PM
We are staying at Cornado Springs starting Sept. 11th, is it only avaliable at Pop Century? Does anyone know?
PammyPoppins

Last year in Dec. it was only advertised at a few resorts, but you could call and get it as long as you were still checked in at ANY resort. I think there was a special number, but I called the normal CRO number and got it (from my room at CSR in December).

This is great news - I'll be there in 9 days!

The6ofUs
08-31-2007, 09:05 PM
We'll be leaving tomorrow for this year's trip, and it looks like we're going back again next year. :cool1:

PammyPoppins
08-31-2007, 09:27 PM
Last year in Dec. it was only advertised at a few resorts, but you could call and get it as long as you were still checked in at ANY resort. I think there was a special number, but I called the normal CRO number and got it (from my room at CSR in December).

This is great news - I'll be there in 9 days!

Thank-You! This may sound dumb but I don't know what CRO stands for.
Thank-You,
Pam

n2mm
08-31-2007, 09:31 PM
Are the dates for Free Dining 2008 Aug. 30 or Aug. 3 ???????
Kids go back to school the second week of August.
Thanks for any info..

Everything I've read says Aug. 30, 2008. If it was Aug. 3, I would be flying down to book, since August seems to be excluded next year, that leaves us out in the cold.

bytheblood
08-31-2007, 09:44 PM
Thank-You! This may sound dumb but I don't know what CRO stands for.
Thank-You,
Pam

Central Reservations Office
:thumbsup2

Magical JenK
08-31-2007, 09:46 PM
Actually, to me it seems like the people they would focus on. It got them there once, why not twice?

We're heading down for Free Dining trip #3!! :cool1: We love going in September, but next year we can't go in September, dangit! But #4 would have been pretty cool!!

applechips
08-31-2007, 10:00 PM
My family and my parents were thinking of booking next Labor day 2008, my parents in their ROOM and me and my dh and my kids in another room. We will actually also be arriving in WDW next week. I hope we can book the bounceback for at least my family but does anyone know how my parents could get it (they wont' be there)? Could I book our room via me and then my dh book another trip via himself? Of course we would put down $200.00 times 2.... anyone done that before?

thanks for any info!

aubriee
09-01-2007, 02:27 AM
My flyer says you have to book and make the deposit before you check out and on or before Sept 28th.

I wonder when free dining ends for 2007--I assume later than Sept 28th?

For 2007 people were able to get free dining for check ins through Sept 29th. I'll be there Sept 29th-Oct 7th for free dining. It looks like we'll miss this new offer by one day. That sucks!

bizeemom4
09-01-2007, 04:33 AM
OMG! I got up early this morning because I was so excited about my free dining trip in 13 days and signed on here to find this! I guess I'll try to work out when we'll return and where we'll stay before I work on the rest of the planning for this year! :rolleyes1

luvtogo12
09-01-2007, 07:17 AM
My guess is that based on last year's bouncback, there is no difference, in price, but you won't have to sweat it out wondering if they will offer it the following April or not! Also, you have 12 months to pay it off instead of 6!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

You also need that year to save up for the tips you have to pay for!

BTW I wonder if it is being offered at all the resorts or just POP? If so, I wonder if I can go there and get the Bounceback when I go in 3 weeks.

I just returned from the POR and I did not get this flyer/offer.
I wonder if I could still get it if I called?

Luv2Roam
09-01-2007, 07:20 AM
applechips -- If your parents are not there, they will not be able to book.
However, I think at the last bounceback free dining each adult could book a room. (Someone will correct me if I am wrong. :rotfl2: )
IF this is the case, you and your DH could each book a room for next year.

eeyore45
09-01-2007, 07:25 AM
I wonder if it goes thru Sept because of the new booking resort tiers?

So in the past if the Free Dining was offered thru Sept 22 - we could get the free dining from Sept 22 - ten days?

Curious...

disneyfav4ever
09-01-2007, 07:29 AM

I wonder when free dining ends for 2007--I assume later than Sept 28th?I believe the free DDP that was available to the public only runs through 9/22. I booked with the bounce back promo last year, and it runs through 9/29. I go down on 9/28, so I guess I'll have to decide if I want to book it before I go down, and call my first night if I do.

disneyfav4ever
09-01-2007, 07:44 AM
Does anyone have a list of (or a link to) the restaurants are included on the 2008 plans? Are there any differences between the restaurants are included on the regular and the deluxe plans? I'd really want to book the deluxe plan, and am so happy they're offering it at a discounted rate, but what restaurants are included.

I'm so excited right now I'm shaking!

IcePrincess467
09-01-2007, 07:51 AM
Well if these dates are true for the 2008 free dining then I am bummed :sad2: DH & I are going August 3-17th and was kinda hoping the free dining would have been the same dates as the british free dining (starts August 10th) b/c we would have changed our 2 weeeks to get free dining. I wonder if I can book from a british TA if I am Canadian...I WANT FREE DINING!!! hehe :rolleyes1

kaytieeldr
09-01-2007, 08:04 AM
$32 a night for the Deluxe Dining Plan? I am SO there!!!! Thanks, OP!

SlightlyGoofy
09-01-2007, 09:40 AM
I am wondering if this is really a good deal. I am assuming that the 'free' dining on the 2008 plan will be sans tipping which adds at least $10 per person per day for many meals.

Is this only being offered at POP Century? Can you stay at another resort and go over to check out the deal?

Also could someone clue me in to the difference between regular DP and Deluxe? Is the $32 a day per person in addition to the regular package price for room, one day ticket and plain DP?

I did schedule this trip just in case they would have a bounceback when we were there in December. Now it seems as if I will have less time to make up my mind. So many questions, so little time. :cool1:

Slightly Goofy

thejollyfinn
09-01-2007, 10:11 AM
We leave for home on September 28th. It's FATE!
Free Dining for next fall's trip.

.... now to figure out how to tell my DW thats its in the stars! :wizard:

kaytieeldr
09-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Here's http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1545287 the DIS sticky FAQ about the 2008 Dining Plans - should answer all your questions. The information is also available at www.wdwinfo.com and, of course, www.disneyworld.com.

Yes, the $32 a day per person in addition to the regular package price for room, one day ticket and plain DP.

2manypets
09-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Does anyone know when the bounceback offer will end? We'll be there in mid Nov. and I'm more likely to get my DH to say yes to another trip, if he's there in the magic already. I don't know if it'll be so easy if it comes out for the public in April of next year.

kaytieeldr
09-01-2007, 10:19 AM
I just returned from the POR and I did not get this flyer/offer.
I wonder if I could still get it if I called?
No. You can only take advantage of this BounceBack promotion while you're checked in at your Disney resort. No exceptions. You can't even call from, say, the Magical Express bus on the way back to the airport.

kaytieeldr
09-01-2007, 10:23 AM
(Someone will correct me if I am wrong. :rotfl2: ) But this time, you're right! applechips has me a little nervous, because she said her 'parents rooms' but that was probably just a typo'. Yes, each adult in your room on this trip can reserve his or her own room on the BounceBack promotion. You can work out the logistics later (i.e., just trade room keys).

hsmamato2
09-01-2007, 10:28 AM
interesting....

ScrappinGran
09-01-2007, 11:42 AM
So,is does this mean free dining WILL be offered from Aug 30th-Sept 27,2008 for the general public like me, or is it a good bet but not sure? I heard a lot of buzz, mostly here -that free dining might not be offered next year.I have already booked for Sept. 2008, with Dining. Hoping the Dining $$ will come off my package. (I booked thru AAA)If I choose to upgrade the basic dining to the deluxe, it would only be 32.00 a day as opposed to the 37.99 for basic?
Forgive my ignorance...trying to figure if this means anything to my planned trip.

Microcell
09-01-2007, 11:50 AM
MY guess would be probably, but there are no guarantees. It may depend on how Disney does in the first quarter, 2008.

elastigirl
09-01-2007, 11:52 AM
So,is does this mean free dining WILL be offered from Aug 30th-Sept 27,2008 for the general public like me,
No, I don't think it does. If they get enough bookings from this promotion, plus the UK promotion, and this is another non-hurricane event year (knock on wood), then I would think that they would have less of a reason to offer free dining to the general public. Or at least, it will be offered on a more limited basis (either time frame or number of packages available).

applechips
09-01-2007, 12:49 PM
But this time, you're right! applechips has me a little nervous, because she said her 'parents rooms' but that was probably just a typo'. Yes, each adult in your room on this trip can reserve his or her own room on the BounceBack promotion. You can work out the logistics later (i.e., just trade room keys).

thanks for the info...yes it was a typo, my parents only need one room and we need a 2nd.

StrollPatrolMom
09-01-2007, 12:51 PM
No, I don't think it does. If they get enough bookings from this promotion, plus the UK promotion, and this is another non-hurricane event year (knock on wood), then I would think that they would have less of a reason to offer free dining to the general public. Or at least, it will be offered on a more limited basis (either time frame or number of packages available).

I would be inclined based on instinct to say this is right. When I 1st heard about "bounce back" here at the dis, everyone clamored it wasn't offered during the actual free dining period. The fact that free dining seems to have done REALLY well this year, and the fact they are already offering it again for next year leads me to think they'd like to get to a comfortable level of bookings early, and forego offering it to the general public.

We'll see.

HaleyB
09-01-2007, 01:39 PM
One thing to keep in mind is that with the new nightly rate policy you will no longer be able to check in on the last day an offer is valid and apply it to your whole stay. :(

I check in on the 27th. I think I may have to back off my no 2008 trip plan. I really want to remodel my kitchen, but I keep spending all our expendable income on WDW :)

ScrappinGran
09-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Well, I booked over a year in advance, got the resort I wanted, etc. If the free dining has done really well, why discontinue it? How many people going for the free dining this year would have gone without it? Impossible to know. I'll still hope my dining comes off my package, but if not...hey, still going to Disney!

HayGan
09-01-2007, 04:30 PM
One thing to keep in mind is that with the new nightly rate policy you will no longer be able to check in on the last day an offer is valid and apply it to your whole stay. :(

I think it is premature to say that. Just because there are different nightly rates does not mean that you won't be able to get the free dining for your entire stay if you check in the last day of the promo. You would likely just have to pay different rack rates for each evening's accomodations. I would withhold judgements such as that until people report back on their attempts to book promotions.

I haven't seen anything so far that would restrict in in the way you mention. If anyone else has, feel free to correct me :)

texasteacher35
09-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Do you think they will offer ANYTHING bounceback related in October?? Maybe not free dining...but a special code for a % off rooms or something?? (Someone, please say yes!)

LisaBi
09-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Has anyone been able to confirm that you can book this regardless of which resort you are at this year, or will you only be able to book if you are in certain resorts? (Last year it was only advertised at a few resorts, but you could book as long as you were checked into any resort.)

Thanks!

M 'n C
09-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Hmm that is good news. I hope they offer the discounted DDDP to the general public as I would definetly pay for the discounted version over the free basic dining plan just so I could try out eating a character breakfast and dinner each day.

antmaril
09-01-2007, 06:37 PM
I just returned from Pop Century today. When we returned to our room yesterday, we had a flyer offering us Free Dining for next year from August 30, 2008 - September 27, 2008. I am looking at the flyer now and it says you have to book BEFORE you check out of the hotel and put a $200 deposit.

It also says to "ask about packages for other resorts and lengths of stay."

We didn't book this because the first check in date of August 30th, is too late for us. Since Labor Day is September 1, 2008, it's not enough time before school (college) starts for our son. Unfortunately, we had to pass.

LakeAriel
09-01-2007, 07:34 PM
No. You can only take advantage of this BounceBack promotion while you're checked in at your Disney resort. No exceptions. You can't even call from, say, the Magical Express bus on the way back to the airport.

I was at Pop and BWV and did not hear a thing about it...:confused3

team weasel
09-01-2007, 07:48 PM
I am sooo booking this...13 days and counting until vacation time...16 days until I am at the POP.

Would either of you who have seen the flyer be comfortable with posting the number so that I can have it on file...just in case the flyer isn't in my room when I get there?

It would be much appreciated!!

HaleyB
09-01-2007, 08:02 PM
I think it is premature to say that. Just because there are different nightly rates does not mean that you won't be able to get the free dining for your entire stay if you check in the last day of the promo. You would likely just have to pay different rack rates for each evening's accomodations. I would withhold judgements such as that until people report back on their attempts to book promotions.

I haven't seen anything so far that would restrict in in the way you mention. If anyone else has, feel free to correct me :)

Well it has already happened to me, so unless they make an exception I think it will be nightly. I applied the Dec code to my Dec ressie and I am only getting the discount for the first half of my stay, additionally they changed the rate on my second half to Holiday Rates (I am checking in with Value Rates and originally had Value rates for all 12 nights, because of this I am saving exactly $38 with that code, total).

Can someone who is able to book this check for us? Just price out a stay checking in the last day of the offer so we can know (and plan). Please. It would be great if you could get it for a stay starting the last day!

kaytieeldr
09-02-2007, 04:44 AM
team weasel: If the information is not in your room, simply call your Front Desk or go to Lobby Concierge (or ask that someone PM the number to you). Posting the number publicly would be a waste of time for DISers and, more importantly, for the CMs fielding the calls - since they will know you are NOT calling from your room or while checked in to your room, and therefore not eligible (not saying the poster who asked will do this, but once a phone number appears, you just KNOW there'll be people who have to try!)

HaleyB: While the room pricing structure is changing next year, information posted by Guests onsite right now indicates that BounceBack Guests must check in by September 27 and are eligible to get the free-or-reduced Dining Plan/s for up to ten nights. This has been true every year the promotion has been offered. Otherwise, a Guest checking in on September 17 could get the promotion for the full ten nights, but a Guest checking in on the 27th could only get it for one night (which, by the way, would violate the 'three night minimum' requirement).

On the other hand, you're likely correct about the rate change. If Regular Season starts (I think) October 2, then Guests who checked in 9/27 for ten nights would pay for eight of those at Value Season rate and the last two at the higher Regular Season rate.

Now, this is an entirely different promotion than your December one, so your savings would be calculated differently - you save $37.99 per person per night, period.

chrysdrew
09-02-2007, 11:36 AM
We booked this deal last year, when we stayed at Pop in November. They said it was a pilot program. We leave 9/29, that was the last day to get in on the free dining throught this program. We are really excited about the free dining!

eeyore45
09-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Haley I'm interested in the answer - and we're going down Sept 21 - I'll let you know, but kaytieel's post does make a lot of sense -

its all the "Disney Math" that cunfuzzles me!!

team weasel
09-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Thanks Kaytieeldr. That makes sense! :thumbsup2

deltachi8
09-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Booked this yesterday upon our checkout from POP. 7 nights, 2 Adults, 1 Junior, 1 day base tickets, basic dining plan at All Star Sports (wanted to try a different Value) for $879.

Just dialed 8844 from room and it connected me right to the correct person.

i3utterfli82
09-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Figures we arrive on the 29th... A day too late, I bet they will do it again though~

cdel73
09-02-2007, 06:26 PM
I am sorry if this has been asked already. I am trying to get the girls ready for bed and snuck in for a quick dis fix.:goodvibes I can't read through all the pages now. Is this being offered at all the resorts on property or only a select few? Thanks.

PammyPoppins
09-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Does the Deluxe dining plan for 2008 include tax and tip? I know I read somewhere thta it includes and appitizer at dinner unlike the other 2008 dining plan.
Thanks,
PammyPoppins

n2mm
09-03-2007, 05:54 AM
Does the Deluxe dining plan for 2008 include tax and tip? I know I read somewhere thta it includes and appitizer at dinner unlike the other 2008 dining plan.
Thanks,
PammyPoppins

It does not include the tip, whether free or paying for it. So if you use it for 3 TS a day, that's 3 times you will be tipping. The only time you will not be tipping is if you use it for a dinner show (HDDR, Luau, Cindi's castle, which all have the tip included in the price---unless that changes too in 2008).

SlightlyGoofy
09-03-2007, 08:13 AM
deltachi8, thanks for posting your details but I have a question. The room rate for the Value season is $82 plus about $10 for taxes plus $75.62 per ticket times two which adds up to $795 and change from my figures. Are you going during a different season? I ask because someone else posted their details and I noticed the same thing on the prices. I am considering this package and really appreciate all the help I get from the DIS!! :)

SG/Linda

Jenna45
09-03-2007, 08:20 AM
Me neither and I was at SSR and I would have booked but we checked out 09/01 , so I am bummed... I am off to write a letter of praise regarding one of our cm's so I may add a little note of fury in a seperate email to guest relations :laughing:

I was at Pop and BWV and did not hear a thing about it...:confused3

macraven
09-03-2007, 08:25 AM
Well it has already happened to me, so unless they make an exception I think it will be nightly. I applied the Dec code to my Dec ressie and I am only getting the discount for the first half of my stay, additionally they changed the rate on my second half to Holiday Rates (I am checking in with Value Rates and originally had Value rates for all 12 nights, because of this I am saving exactly $38 with that code, total).

Can someone who is able to book this check for us? Just price out a stay checking in the last day of the offer so we can know (and plan). Please. It would be great if you could get it for a stay starting the last day!

i had booked a room only with AAA discount january 2 this year.
when the disney visa codes came out, i modified my ressie.
i'm going in september but not during the free ddp. missing it by 2 days.

i spent time with a cm to see if i could change my ressie to a split.
the AAA rate for room is great for my first 6 nights at disney. i then modified the last 4 nights with the disney visa with dining package and come out way ahead.
i'm saving over $300 by doing the split ressies.
AAA for room only and then the visa package.

i'll be at disney late sept and will check out the BBP when i am there.

i prefer not having the ddp all 11 days during my trip. it is too much food.
i have bought the ddp twice before and always over ate.......

rabx5
09-03-2007, 09:14 AM
We arrive at ASMovies on September 28th :thumbsup2 I hope I can talk my hubby into doing the bounce back before we arrive so when we check in, we can just book our next vacation :woohoo:

Flametamr
09-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Just returned home and thought I would share the good/bad news. Disney offered me free dining in 2008 if I booked my return trip before checking out on this trip. I had to book between 8-27 and 9-30-2008 for a 6 day 5 night stay. Basically it's a bounce back program from what I understand. The only catch is that the gratuity is not included in the dining plan in 2008. So I guess that means free dining will continue during hurricane seasons in the future.

Laura.bora
09-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Do you think this means they won't have free dining for the regular public in 2008? or is this something they've done in the past? Offer it to a smaller group of people first (the ones currently vacationing at Disney) so they get first dibs and then offer it to the general population?

alldiz
09-03-2007, 01:08 PM
they did this last year also...

Only it was in Nov/Dec...

I was just there....I returned 8-30....didn't see anything about it..

How did you find out about it?
Thanks
Kerri

antmaril
09-03-2007, 01:17 PM
I believe they started offering it on August 31st. We found the flyer in our room at Pop when we returned from the parks. We checked out on September 1st. We didn't book it because the promotion runs from August 30, 2008 to September 27th, 2008. Unfortunately, it doesn't give us enough time to go before school (college) resumes for our DS. If the dates had worked, I would have booked it.

I'm hoping they offer the Free Dining again to the general public for check-ins a little earlier than August 30th. We'll see.

allisonswonderland
09-03-2007, 04:17 PM
They offered this to us last year while we were there for our wedding in Nov-

Huff
09-03-2007, 06:06 PM
They offered the bounce back last year. If Sept. 2008 free dining will be offered to anyone next year then why bother booking under the bounce back? I realize its not known if free dining will be available for Sept. 2008 it has been for the past 3 years.

Also, the new 2008 plan is much more costly. With gratuity and appetizer no longer included it can easily cost a party of two $25 more per day (2 appetizers at $6/ea = $12 + 15% gratuity for typical TS for two at $90 = $13.50). Also the 2008 room rates have gone up. We probably won't take Disney up on the free dining and will instead stay off site.

pinkerbell
09-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the info
hmmm, we don't leave until the 19th of Sept... I wonder if they will still be offering it then. We are staying at a value. Has anyone been offered the plan at a value? I guess we would consider a moderate if the dining plan were free. (really like the smaller resorts with our two little ones) Now to figure out if staying at a moderate with the free dining for 2 adults and one child is comparable in price to a value and paying OOP.... out comes the calculator .. tap.. tap...tap... :goodvibes

jmpellet
09-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Just returned today and had a flier in our room at POFQ a few days back. It said that it could be used at other resorts.

jojo14
09-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Me neither and I was at SSR and I would have booked but we checked out 09/01 , so I am bummed... I am off to write a letter of praise regarding one of our cm's so I may add a little note of fury in a seperate email to guest relations :laughing:

I just got back from ASMo last night. I called tonight and asked to speak with guest relations and explained that I didn't get to book it before leaving. It took about 15 minutes, but the supervisor spoke to an agent, and then we booked it! 8 nights, ASMu, $883, including one adult and one child one-day ticket.

I'd try calling first - the supervisor said it was in his best interest to get us to come back. Woohoo!! Am going to try to keep this trip a surprise for dd. Good luck!

jcemom
09-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Thank you for the information.

According to the price you were given it's like this year then, rack rate for the hotel with free dining. Someone somewhere mentioned a room discount included along with the free dining, but I didn't think there would be.

I think I'll go with 9/19 - 9/29 next year. It's exciting to be thinking of next year's dates before I get there this year, LOL. DH thinks I have an addiction. :rotfl:

macraven
09-03-2007, 08:40 PM
i did a split ressie.
first ressie is room only with AAA discount
second ressie is the visa package with dining.

momof2disprincesses
09-03-2007, 09:21 PM
I will make this short and I apologize if this has already been posted. We literally just got home less than 1 hour ago and I wanted to share this exciting news about FREE dining for 2008.

We just spent 10 glorious nights enjoying free dining.

When we got back to our room at Pop on Fri. Aug. 31 a shiny, glossy sheet was on our table annoucing FREE dining for 2008!!! It is a bounce back offer again - meaning for those staying NOW at WDW (from Aug. 31-Sept. 28), you can book FREE dining for 2008 while you're at WDW.

This offer is only good if booked while you're staying at WDW now. You had to call from your current stay and they do verify that you're staying on property when booking.

We booked a trip for dh and I alone (NO kids) for next Sept. to celebrate my 40th birthday. :scared1:

The offer is good for stays from Aug. 30-Sept. 27, 2008 (much more limited than past free dining offers).

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer what I can and YES, I will be posting a dining report with TONS of pictures soon.

We had another fabulous trip and ate SOOOOOO much delicious food, but we are exhausted and we all go back to work and school in less than 12 hours ... so I must close, but I just wanted to share this exciting news if it hasn't been posted yet.

I hope lots of you will be able to take advantage of it. :banana: :banana:

dunbarfamily
09-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Woo hoo!!! Very exciting!

RACHELSMOM1
09-04-2007, 04:29 AM
I just got back from ASMo last night. I called tonight and asked to speak with guest relations and explained that I didn't get to book it before leaving. It took about 15 minutes, but the supervisor spoke to an agent, and then we booked it! 8 nights, ASMu, $883, including one adult and one child one-day ticket.

I'd try calling first - the supervisor said it was in his best interest to get us to come back. Woohoo!! Am going to try to keep this trip a surprise for dd. Good luck!

Did you have a hard time booking this from ASMo? Last Dec we were at Music and were unable after hours of trying to find anyone who could even tell us about this. Wound up booking bounceback after we returned home and explained the situation to CM on phone.

jojo14
09-04-2007, 08:47 AM
Did you have a hard time booking this from ASMo? Last Dec we were at Music and were unable after hours of trying to find anyone who could even tell us about this. Wound up booking bounceback after we returned home and explained the situation to CM on phone.

I didn't try from the hotel. I called yesterday (the day after we got home) and asked to speak to guest services, and they were most helpful! Good luck!

hmillerbarilla
09-04-2007, 09:17 AM
We leave in 5 days! I'll be checking this out & booking it hopefully!!!!:goodvibes

dodukes
09-04-2007, 09:48 AM
Yes I already calle dmy mom to see if she wanted me to do this, we wil be there on thrusday and i plan to book it for me and my mom for next year. woohoo DDDP here we come, i can alreayd start planning 3 meals a day!!..lol

dreamn_Disney
09-04-2007, 09:55 AM
When I booked yesterday I was told it was for the reg dinning free and no discount for the deluxe plan. Did anyone actually book this with the deluxe plan? The first post sound like it could be done so I am confused.

dodukes
09-04-2007, 10:14 AM
I am definetly counting on the deluxe but i guess i wil find ut, i plan on calling first thing we get there to get the quotes. Mayeb you had to ask for it? Has anybody booked it with deluxe?

jojo14
09-04-2007, 10:19 AM
I am definetly counting on the deluxe but i guess i wil find ut, i plan on calling first thing we get there to get the quotes. Mayeb you had to ask for it? Has anybody booked it with deluxe?

When I booked she said that you have the option of "upgrading" to the deluxe dining plan - you just have to pay the difference in price for each day.

dreamn_Disney
09-04-2007, 10:22 AM
When I booked she said that you have the option of "upgrading" to the deluxe dining plan - you just have to pay the difference in price for each day.

I did ask and was told no that maybe later it will be offered but at this time you can not. I will have to call back and see. I find sometimes a different CM will give you a different answer.

dodukes
09-04-2007, 11:01 AM

I did ask and was told no that maybe later it will be offered but at this time you can not. I will have to call back and see. I find sometimes a different CM will give you a different answer.

It doesnt surprise me, just like anything else, call back till you find the answer you like..lol. Thanks for both of these replies, now i know that if my first call doesnt let me "upgrade" then ill call back. I am really looking forward to tying out the deluxe ddp, and at $32 a day for the upgrade, its a steal kind of..lol. I wont book it for just the free dining, as i dont think its worth it for us, but i really do want to dddp....i guess will wait and see , 3 more days......anxiously waiting..lol:banana:

hmillerbarilla
09-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Now I'm starting to freak out because I'm so excited! :woohoo: This will make a 2008 trip possible! :yay: :yay:

I just did all the figures and I can't wait!!! Would also like to try out the dddp. Planning all those ADRs will be intense!:laughing:

thunderbird1
09-04-2007, 11:43 AM
They offered the bounce back last year. If Sept. 2008 free dining will be offered to anyone next year then why bother booking under the bounce back? I realize its not known if free dining will be available for Sept. 2008 it has been for the past 3 years.

That would be the reason to book it right there. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Maybe it will, but with shorter dates (like this year), or with some resorts excluded (the UK offer for next year is only for mods and deluxes). If you think there's any chance you might want to go, why take a chance? You can always cancel and get your deposit back if you change your mind.

Also, the new 2008 plan is much more costly. With gratuity and appetizer no longer included it can easily cost a party of two $25 more per day (2 appetizers at $6/ea = $12 + 15% gratuity for typical TS for two at $90 = $13.50). Also the 2008 room rates have gone up. We probably won't take Disney up on the free dining and will instead stay off site.

I'm sure you're not the only one--these changes will not only turn a lot of people off the DDP, but will drive some people who stayed on property just for the DDP back to off site hotels. Then Disney will come up with something else to draw people back until guest levels are back up again. It's a constant balancing act between maximizing profits and keeping occupancy levels up.

Mrs Grumpy
09-04-2007, 11:49 AM
I know I read where the UK offer did not include value resorts. Are they allowing you to book values on the bounceback offer?

thunderbird1
09-04-2007, 11:55 AM
I believe so. I've read a LOT of the posts about the bounceback (obsessed? me?;)), and it sounds like the wording of the flyer depends on what level resort you are staying at (offer says "value and moderate" at value resorts, but "moderate and deluxe" at moderate resorts), but when you call, the offer is available for all levels of resorts. The wording of the flyers is probably just a marketing tool--I'm sure they're aware that a lot of folks like to upgrade resorts with $$ saved from free dining.

dlpcarden
09-04-2007, 12:01 PM
We are planning our trip next year Sept 19 - Sept 28. After reading the previous posts I am excited that the dining plan might be offered next year...:banana:

We are also planning on staying at a value resort. If the free dining is not available at the value we would consider moving to a moderate. Because the free dining would save us 1100.00 for 2 adults and 2 kids...

I was wondering if disney would offer the basic free dining? Since there are different dining packages next year.

Keeping my fingers crossed....:cool1:

BabyPiglet
09-04-2007, 12:06 PM
I would book it but there's no way I'll be able to get away from College next year.

Goofy41
09-04-2007, 12:28 PM
I believe they started offering it on August 31st. We found the flyer in our room at Pop when we returned from the parks. We checked out on September 1st. We didn't book it because the promotion runs from August 30, 2008 to September 27th, 2008. Unfortunately, it doesn't give us enough time to go before school (college) resumes for our DS. If the dates had worked, I would have booked it.

I'm hoping they offer the Free Dining again to the general public for check-ins a little earlier than August 30th. We'll see.

We receieved it on Friday and also checked out on Sept. 1st. From asking around and knowing people who go quite a bit during the year, the reasoning for the no gratuities included was there were complaints because people should be able to tip accordingly to meals, service, etc.

pinkerbell
09-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Does anyone think they will still be offering it on Sept 19th!! :yay:
That's when we arrive!!! I'm asking at checkin :cool1:

whenever my husband says if something seems too good to be true, It usually is... I Say

DISNEY FREE DINING PLAN!!!

:goodvibes

smiller
09-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Now I'm starting to freak out because I'm so excited! :woohoo: This will make a 2008 trip possible! :yay: :yay:

I just did all the figures and I can't wait!!! Would also like to try out the dddp. Planning all those ADRs will be intense!:laughing:

Don't worry, hmillerbarilla, I'll help! :thumbsup2

lustergirl
09-04-2007, 01:27 PM
we are going 11/30-12/5 and would also like the bounceback program offered then as we are going next september as well- hopeful wishing on my part...

skater
09-04-2007, 01:34 PM
We will be booking bounceback - our upcoming trip is our 3rd year with free dining and its so much fun! Eating for free is a blast. This year and last year Disney drew us back with free dining when we might have went elsewhere for vacation. For a family with big eaters this makes for a fairly affordable vacation - especially in Sept. when the room rates aren't too outrageous anyway. I figured we can book it and cancel if we change our minds.

disneyfav4ever
09-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Does anyone know if the deluxe plan is being offered for a discount at the same time?

disneyfav4ever
09-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Do you know if the deluxe plan is being offered at a discount?

beroh2253
09-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Which TS restaurants did you try and how were they? Going in 17 days to POP. Also how was POP? Going for 9 days Sept. 21-30.:hippie: :cool1:

thunderbird1
09-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Does anyone think they will still be offering it on Sept 19th!! :yay:
That's when we arrive!!! I'm asking at checkin

The booking period is supposed to run through Sep 28. Just make sure you book before you check out. Shouldn't be a problem for you, since you sound like me--ready to book the next trip while still checking in for the current trip!

Does anyone know if the deluxe plan is being offered for a discount at the same time?

It's rumored to be an option. Book free dining, then upgrade to the deluxe plan by paying the difference between the 2 ($32/day for adults).

Here's the thread that talks about it:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1567361

pinkerbell
09-04-2007, 04:28 PM
The booking period is supposed to run through Sep 28. Just make sure you book before you check out. Shouldn't be a problem for you, since you sound like me--ready to book the next trip while still checking in for the current trip!

It's rumored to be an option. Book free dining, then upgrade to the deluxe plan by paying the difference between the 2 ($32/day for adults).

Here's the thread that talks about it:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1567361

Wow, we are living parallel lives on opposite coasts!!! 17 days for us until 15 days at ALMovies....

I already called the hubby to tell him I would have our next trip booked before he arrives :lmao: (the kiddos and I are taking an earlier flight) and he didn't even want to know about it :cool1:

he likes to take things one vacation at a time :sad2:

But I'm already putting together an itinerary for Dining reservations!! :rotfl2:

thanks for the info and have a great vacation!!
pink

thunderbird1
09-04-2007, 05:00 PM
Wow, we are living parallel lives on opposite coasts!!! 17 days for us until 15 days at ALMovies....

I already called the hubby to tell him I would have our next trip booked before he arrives :lmao: (the kiddos and I are taking an earlier flight) and he didn't even want to know about it :cool1:

he likes to take things one vacation at a time :sad2:

But I'm already putting together an itinerary for Dining reservations!! :rotfl2:

thanks for the info and have a great vacation!!
pink

:rotfl2: One vacation at a time??? :scared1: Although I can't start putting my dining plans together until my family fills out their "report cards" from this year's restaurants. Dh's idea, not mine. And he says I'm the obsessive one. :rolleyes:

Hey--flametamr--I just noticed that you already have next year's countdown clock up! I so want to do that, but I have to restrain myself, at least until we've actually booked the trip. Which I will be doing in 17 days!!!!

never_enough_pooh
09-04-2007, 05:48 PM
Hi!

I heard there is a $200.00 deposit required for the 2008 Bounce Back program... do you know if it is refundable if you decide not to go? We are going in < 3 weeks and I would LOVE to book for 2008, but I want to find out if the deposit is refundable if 12 months from now we decide we can't go.

Thanks and look forward to your reports!!

:cool1:

lauritagoddess
09-04-2007, 05:55 PM
I'm really annoyed now. We checked out on 9/2 and I never saw anything about this. Actually I was already thinking of booking a trip for April or May and forgoing the August heat, but I wish I'd known about this and could have had the option to book it.

pinkerbell
09-04-2007, 06:51 PM
:rotfl2: One vacation at a time??? :scared1: Although I can't start putting my dining plans together until my family fills out their "report cards" from this year's restaurants. Dh's idea, not mine. And he says I'm the obsessive one. :rolleyes:

Hey--flametamr--I just noticed that you already have next year's countdown clock up! I so want to do that, but I have to restrain myself, at least until we've actually booked the trip. Which I will be doing in 17 days!!!!

:lmao: "report cards" for the resturants... I like that!!! :thumbsup2
I'll start printing up some guidelines and pass them out during the meal... kindof like a ittle winetasting card...:rotfl:
wine tasting..:love: F&W Festival and MNSSH... here we come...:cloud9:
have a great trip
pink

Microcell
09-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but usually Disney gives a full refund until 45 days out.

RACHELSMOM1
09-04-2007, 08:59 PM
We arrive at ASMovies on September 28th :thumbsup2 I hope I can talk my hubby into doing the bounce back before we arrive so when we check in, we can just book our next vacation :woohoo:

That is when we are checking into Movies!!! :love: I hope we don't have a problem booking this year. Last Dec we were at ASMusic, and I had the darndest time getting anyone to help me with this. I was on the phone literally 45 minutes at a time. I was finally told I had to be staying at POP to book bounceback, which I knew was totally wrong. I was so frustrated, and finally gave up, then when we got home I called the special number which someone had posted in DIS and explained to CM my experience, gave her my ressie number, and was able to book then.

cc1013
09-04-2007, 09:02 PM
We just returned from a 4 night stay at WL and also booked for next year using the bounceback offer. This year, it was just DH and I, but next year my mom (and possibly cousin) will be joining us. Even though we only had one room this year, they allowed us to book two next year with the offer. Apparently you can book as many rooms for next year as you have adults in the room this year. So two adults in our room this year equals two rooms allowed with the bounceback offer next year.

cc1013
09-04-2007, 09:16 PM
:thumbsup2 Hi all,
We just returned from 4 nights at WL and booked a trip for next year (again at WL) through the bouceback offer. This year was just DH and I, but next year my mother will be joining us and needs her own room. They did allow us to book a second room in my mother's name with free dining. They said that because we had two adults in the room this time, we would be allowed to book two rooms for next year even if one is in my mother's name. Just wanted to give everyone the heads up! I was shocked that they allowed it, but definitely pleased.

Pumbaa_
09-04-2007, 09:19 PM
There were a number of bounceback threads started that have been merged in this one thread.

Thanks for sharing the good news everyone!

jamounger
09-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Does anyone know if it is easier to add people to your reservation or take them off? My DD starts high school next year and sounds a little bit nervous about missing school. Can you believe she is even complaining about missing school this year for WDW. I am planning on booking while I am there in a couple weeks but don't know if I should put her on when I book.

cynjam
09-04-2007, 09:36 PM
When you booked the second room, since you had 2 adults, did you have to name everyone that would be staying in that room?
This will be the second year our family has booked "free" dining and everyone (extended family) says they want to go next time, if there's a good offer. I wondered if we could book 2 rooms without knowing exactly who would end up joining us. Should I just give them my best guess and change names later if needed?
Also, would my DD13 be considered an adult for the purpose of booking a room, or just for the purpose of charging adult prices on her park admission?

lgaston
09-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Could I make a 1 night stay in a Disney resort to book the free dining plan for 2008? Anyonce can confirme this?
Thanks!

dodukes
09-05-2007, 01:21 PM
no i belive usualy for the free dining it has to be a min of 3 nights

jcemom
09-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Could I make a 1 night stay in a Disney resort to book the free dining plan for 2008? Anyonce can confirme this?
Thanks!Are you asking if you can stay one night NOW, this year, to book for 2008? If so then I think the answer is yes. If you're asking if you can book the free dining package for one night in 2008 then no. There's a three night minimum.

cc1013
09-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Cynjam,
Yes, I had to list names for each room. For now, we have DH and myself in one room and my mother in the other room. My cousin might be joining us (staying w/ my mother) but we did not add her yet. She won't know if she can make it until next summer. We did confirm that we can add her (as long as it's at least 3 days ahead) and she would also get free dining. The way it was explained to me is that it's the room reservation that matters for now, specific guests can be adjusted later.

momof2disprincesses
09-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Hi!

I heard there is a $200.00 deposit required for the 2008 Bounce Back program... do you know if it is refundable if you decide not to go? We are going in < 3 weeks and I would LOVE to book for 2008, but I want to find out if the deposit is refundable if 12 months from now we decide we can't go.

Thanks and look forward to your reports!!

We booked the bounceback offer on Aug. 31 while staying at Pop. We added insurance and we were told the entire package was refundable except for the insurance.

wheelerkidz3
09-05-2007, 11:50 PM
we just returned from a weeks stay at all star music suites....returned yesterday on sept 4th. we never received a pamphlet or anything that had any info on a bounceback offer. if we had known about it, i would have booked it too. is there any way to still be eligible for it??

Flametamr
09-06-2007, 01:42 AM
I would suggest calling and asking for a customer service manager. I actually misunderstood the pamphlet I got and called after I left the park on check out day. Since I had express checkout I never talked to anyone. The CM first denied me the booking and then put me thru to a mgr. She asked me what I wanted and booked me for next year. She pointed out specificly that the gratuity had been taken away. But I was able to book after check out. So call and press the issue. It will work.

MickeyFan84
09-06-2007, 08:27 AM
Has anyone been able to book the deluxe dining plan at the discount mentioned?

I agree that it sounds like WAY too much food, but it might be fun to try for a few days of character and signature dining. :goodvibes Of course, after I got home I wouldn't be able to eat for a month! :rotfl2:

dodukes
09-06-2007, 08:34 AM

I agree that it sounds like WAY too much food, but it might be fun to try for a few days of character and signature dining. :goodvibes Of course, after I got home I wouldn't be able to eat for a month! :rotfl2:

We are checking in tonight and I plan to call first thing tomorrow, so i can let you knwo when we return on sunday. I am only boking if they let me do the dddp, otherwise, the regular plan just isnt worth it for us, not even free. I too agree with too much food, but since we have been there so much we figure it might be nice to spend three days going from restaurant to retaurant instead of ride to ride.. :rotfl: , may add a signature or just do 3 meals a day.

Traveliz
09-06-2007, 10:40 AM

I just called and did my booking for next year and I was offered the deluxe plan with the discount during my call so I am certain it would be available.

Liz

sugarlens
09-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Cynjam,
Yes, I had to list names for each room. For now, we have DH and myself in one room and my mother in the other room. My cousin might be joining us (staying w/ my mother) but we did not add her yet. She won't know if she can make it until next summer. We did confirm that we can add her (as long as it's at least 3 days ahead) and she would also get free dining. The way it was explained to me is that it's the room reservation that matters for now, specific guests can be adjusted later.

So let me see if I understand this correctly. Me and FH will be in Disney in 3 days, we have one room at Pop. If we want to book the bounceback offer, we can reserve 2 rooms (one under his name and one under mine). We don't need to give any details regarding how many ppl will be in each room just yet until 3 days before we travel? And everyone will get the free DDP. That sounds too good to be true!!

What's the cancellation policy? Can we get the $200 (or $400 in this case) back if we cancel?

Thanks!

pinkerbell
09-06-2007, 12:37 PM
We will be arriving on 9 19 for 2 weeks. Can I ask when I check in to book the bounceback?
Some poeple return and don't even know it was offered, does it have to be offered to you?

I have already chosen the dates Starting the last friday of the promo and going for two weeks out. With the new rate changes during a stay does anyone know if you can still book the extra days on the free DDP if the offer ends during your stay and you pay the rest?

lgaston
09-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Are you asking if you can stay one night NOW, this year, to book for 2008? If so then I think the answer is yes. If you're asking if you can book the free dining package for one night in 2008 then no. There's a three night minimum.

Exactly! I was asking I could stay one night now to book for 2008. Thanks

Traveliz
09-06-2007, 01:10 PM
They did ask me the names of who would be in the room.

The cancellation is 45 days prior to check in.

Liz

Traveliz
09-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Exactly! I was asking I could stay one night now to book for 2008. Thanks

Yes that would work - just be checked in - call so they can confirm you are here and book for next year.

Liz

WDWBetsy
09-06-2007, 01:47 PM
We will be arriving on 9 19 for 2 weeks. Can I ask when I check in to book the bounceback?
Some poeple return and don't even know it was offered, does it have to be offered to you?

I have already chosen the dates Starting the last friday of the promo and going for two weeks out. With the new rate changes during a stay does anyone know if you can still book the extra days on the free DDP if the offer ends during your stay and you pay the rest?

From what I understand, as long as you're staying onsite during required 2007 dates, you're eligible. I don't think you can book the bounceback at check-in, but you can call ext. 8844 from your room to book the bounceback as long as you do no later than 9/28/07. I would allow extra time just in case the line is busy/you're on hold.

Not sure about your other question...

winniethepoohsmom
09-06-2007, 02:07 PM
We returned from CSR on Tuesday and never received anything in the room, I was talking to someone at the pool who told me about the bounce back offer, so I went to the front desk to inquire and the CM knew nothing about it and gave me the # for disney travel and I was able to book it through them before 11 am on our check day, they told me I was supposed to get the notice put in our room, we skipped mousekeeping that day since we were in the room when she came we just took clean towels, I don't know if mousekeeping was leaving the notices but it would make sense instead of having other employees running room to room doing this. I was glad the woman at the pool told me about this or I would'nt have known till reading it on the disboards. :) Linda

disneyfav4ever
09-06-2007, 03:58 PM
We are checking in tonight and I plan to call first thing tomorrow, so i can let you knwo when we return on sunday. I am only boking if they let me do the dddp, otherwise, the regular plan just isnt worth it for us, not even free. I too agree with too much food, but since we have been there so much we figure it might be nice to spend three days going from restaurant to retaurant instead of ride to ride.. :rotfl: , may add a signature or just do 3 meals a day.That's exactly how I feel. I only want to book it if I can get the deluxe plan. I do so many signature meals, that the deluxe plan is really the only value for me. I have the "free" DDP this trip, but next year it really won't be worth it without the appetizers and tips.

thunderbird1
09-06-2007, 04:28 PM

Like others have said, just dial 8844 from your room--it's available to anyone staying in a WDW resort during those dates.

I haven't heard that WDW has made any changes as far as being able to keep a package as long as you check in by the last day the package has offered. I'm sure with the new rate structure you will have to pay the increased nightly rate once value season ends. But that would be true whether you were on free DDP, another discounted package or just standard rack rates.

ETA: By the way, pinkerbell, I LOVE your ticker. The credit card, the plane, the "ever expanding vacation"--I hear you loud and clear!

pinkerbell
09-06-2007, 06:39 PM
Like others have said, just dial 8844 from your room--it's available to anyone staying in a WDW resort during those dates.

I haven't heard that WDW has made any changes as far as being able to keep a package as long as you check in by the last day the package has offered. I'm sure with the new rate structure you will have to pay the increased nightly rate once value season ends. But that would be true whether you were on free DDP, another discounted package or just standard rack rates.

ETA: By the way, pinkerbell, I LOVE your ticker. The credit card, the plane, the "ever expanding vacation"--I hear you loud and clear!

Thanks for all the replies.. and I'll be looking for you thunderbird while we're there, hope the photos of you kids are recent.. we'll be there the same time.. I subscribed to a couple dismeets threads but have not read through them yet..
pink

pubugg
09-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Ok, this bounceback is new to me. So...essentially you are "guaranteeing" your ability to participate in free dining next year? Just in case they don't offer that special, or if when they do you are unable to get the resort/room type you want??? Are there any financial plusses to it??? :teacher:

Thanks to all who respond.

HaleyB
09-06-2007, 08:51 PM
Ok, this bounceback is new to me. So...essentially you are "guaranteeing" your ability to participate in free dining next year? Just in case they don't offer that special, or if when they do you are unable to get the resort/room type you want??? Are there any financial plusses to it??? :teacher:

You are booking free dining for fall 2008, simple as that.
The free dining is the financial plus. For people staying at values or moderates with 4 adults in the room it is the best discount they offer.

septbaby
09-06-2007, 08:59 PM

you are booking an actual vacation, you have the ability to make changes, but its not much different than you would do normally, they just are giving you free dining and almost a year to pay for it

ICan'tWait
09-06-2007, 11:56 PM
Ugh! We just got back on the 4th and never heard anything about a bounce back promotion while we were there. Neither did the friends we were staying with. We were staying at POFQ. We had other friends staying over at Saratoga and they never heard anything either. :headache: Anybody ever have success booking after your stay?

luckee37
09-07-2007, 05:50 AM
Now I'm wondering if I should do an Annual Pass for upcoming trip? We have an 8 day trip planned for Sept 13-22, 2007. If we do another 8 day trip in Sept 2008 (say, Sept 3-12), it might start to make sense to go with an AP. We are in driving range, so we could probably even grab a long weekend or two during the winter or spring. Hmmmm...

pinkerbell
09-07-2007, 07:02 AM
Now I'm wondering if I should do an Annual Pass for upcoming trip? We have an 8 day trip planned for Sept 13-22, 2007. If we do another 8 day trip in Sept 2008 (say, Sept 3-12), it might start to make sense to go with an AP. We are in driving range, so we could probably even grab a long weekend or two during the winter or spring. Hmmmm...

Oh yes, please do, the more Dis see's our saving producing more revenue, IMHO, the more likely they are to keep offering this great deal!!

my selfishness aside, I really would go for it! If only we lived closer to Disney to grab a weekend trip. Oh to dream :cloud9:

thelionqueen
09-07-2007, 08:42 AM

If you are planning on going next year then YES definitely get an AP!! It will seem like a large chunk of money this trip, but will save you LOTS next year.:thumbsup2

lgaston
09-07-2007, 10:40 AM
another question... can one book the bounce back with cash instead of a credit card?

RACHELSMOM1
09-07-2007, 12:38 PM

You almost sound like you are apologizing for wanting DDDP because so many people have whined about "too much food" on the DDP. I hope you don't feel guilty for wanting DDDP, I sure don't. It works for me, we can do all the shows and 2TS ressies we want. I hope to book with the discounted DDDP in 2 weeks.

work2play
09-07-2007, 01:22 PM

We are looking at the same thing! Don't forget to consider that you will have to buy a MYW 1 day park hopper ticket for everyone in your room for the second trip ($116 p/p) to be able to get free dining even if you have annual passes... It does look like you could use them for the renewal on the annual pass..

Traveliz
09-07-2007, 02:09 PM
We are looking at the same thing! Don't forget to consider that you will have to buy a MYW 1 day park hopper ticket for everyone in your room for the second trip ($116 p/p) to be able to get free dining even if you have annual passes... It does look like you could use them for the renewal on the annual pass..

We got the one day myw but its not a hopper.

Liz

thunderbird1
09-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Current price for an adult one day base ticket is $71 plus tax (~$75.62 total). We will be buying these, but won't need them because we'll have the annual passes. Of course we'll save them, though I don't know when we'll use them. Either way, it's a small price to pay for free DDP!

What's the longest anyone has booked (or been offered) a 2008 bounceback offer for so far? I'm assuming it's this year's 14 day maximum, but I've read a few references to 10 days.

ICan'tWait
09-07-2007, 03:29 PM
I called CRO and was transferred to guest services. They said that the offer was given randomly at the resorts and not offered to every guest so if you didn't receive it you weren't eligible......

Just thought I'd pass on.

MickeyFan84
09-07-2007, 03:51 PM
You almost sound like you are apologizing for wanting DDDP because so many people have whined about "too much food" on the DDP. I hope you don't feel guilty for wanting DDDP, I sure don't. It works for me, we can do all the shows and 2TS ressies we want. I hope to book with the discounted DDDP in 2 weeks.

Not apologizing - just can't imagine eating that much food for more than a few days in a row. I think I need to sit down and figure out which restaurants and shows I'd like to try and determine the number of days from that. I don't arrive until the 27th so I want to have a plan before I check in. Let the eating commence! popcorn::

BTW, your angel is just beautiful! :angel:

RACHELSMOM1
09-07-2007, 05:02 PM
I called CRO and was transferred to guest services. They said that the offer was given randomly at the resorts and not offered to every guest so if you didn't receive it you weren't eligible......

This is what we ran into last Dec, and I knew more than any og the dozens of CMs I talked with. I was so frustrated - but when I got home I called and explained this and was able to book it. I talked with CM last night and she said it was available to anyone staying at any WDW resort.

WDWBetsy
09-07-2007, 06:38 PM

I kinda find what the CM said hard to believe since some who have booked it are saying they saw the offer on Resort TV - there's no way that is a random offer. And if they're also putting letters in rooms, I don't believe they're tracking who is getting them. As long as someone is a registered guest during this promo time, they should be eligible - and many have reported verification of them being checked in when booking. They have a dedicated extension for guests to call, so I can see where some CMs who aren't in that dedicated booking role might not know the details.

I guess I'll see next Sunday/Monday when I'm at CSR! Will report back if I'm able to book.

Traveliz
09-07-2007, 11:23 PM

That is not true - its right on the tv station - you just have to call and they will confirm you are here. I did not receive a paper - just saw the ad on the disney television station and called.

The number that you call specifically states you need to be a resort guest when you are calling and the people answering the phone know that you are calling for that offer.

Liz

tasha99
09-08-2007, 01:54 AM
No offer put in our room, probably because we turned down housekeeping service most days. :( Oh well.

bicker
09-08-2007, 04:19 AM
There is no guarantee made that each guest will receive a personal notification of the offer.

hmillerbarilla
09-08-2007, 09:25 AM
I know the All Star suites are usually excluded from an offer like this, but what about the Vacation Club Resorts? :confused: Do you think I could book the 2 bedroom villa at Boardwalk with the bounceback? I guess I'll find out since I leave TOMORROW :cheer2: but I'm a compulsive planner and very excited!! :goodvibes Anyone know???:confused3

tfoster
09-08-2007, 10:22 AM
I know in the past the suites have not been included in these offers, but does anyone know for sure whether or not they will be included in this bounceback offer for 2008? Thanks!

faindrops27
09-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Just to clear things up. I was at Pop from 8/27-9/5. On 9/2. My mother calls my room after a long day at the parks and asksme if I recieved the offer of the free dining promo. I sure did not. She however, gave me all the info on who to call, and we are booked for next year. In POR.

I do not know if i will keep it however. As, I will be starting courses in Sept 08'. But, i would like to go. Even though i was one of the angry outraged Diser's about the 2008 ddp changes. I was sucked into booking it. What can i say. I love Disney.

WDWBetsy
09-08-2007, 01:09 PM
I know in the past the suites have not been included in these offers, but does anyone know for sure whether or not they will be included in this bounceback offer for 2008? Thanks!

I read on another board that they are including a few family suites, of course resorts/room types are limited with the discount. It doesn't hurt asking!

tfoster
09-08-2007, 02:35 PM
I read on another board that they are including a few family suites, of course resorts/room types are limited with the discount. It doesn't hurt asking!

Thanks!! :)

EllenJ
09-08-2007, 06:26 PM
We are making a spur of the moment trip in a few weeks but we will be staying in a DVC resort. Does anyone know if the bounceback offer will be offered to people staying at a DVC resort (I know if we can book it for 2008, we will have to stay at a non-DVC resort)? Just curious!

ICan'tWait
09-08-2007, 08:35 PM
I kinda find what the CM said hard to believe since some who have booked it are saying they saw the offer on Resort TV - there's no way that is a random offer. And if they're also putting letters in rooms, I don't believe they're tracking who is getting them. As long as someone is a registered guest during this promo time, they should be eligible - and many have reported verification of them being checked in when booking. They have a dedicated extension for guests to call, so I can see where some CMs who aren't in that dedicated booking role might not know the details.

I guess I'll see next Sunday/Monday when I'm at CSR! Will report back if I'm able to book.

Sorry, guess I should clarify. I called to tell guest relations that I was disappointed that I had not received notification about the bounce back deal while we were staying at POFQ. We were there Aug 28th thru Sept 4th and I was wondering how they went about notifying guests of the deal. She put me on hold a long time and came stating what I said earlier that the notification was completely random and because I didn't call while there I couldn't book. I also told them that the family we went with did not receive notification and another family at Saratoga had heard nothing about it. I'm sure if I called while there after hearing about it on the DIS I would have been able to book. Okay, sorry for the long clarification...... I know I didn't receive housekeeping every day but the friends we went with did and I was curious as to how guests were notified since we hadn't received anything. Best wishes to all those who get free dining in 2008!!!! :)

bicker
09-09-2007, 05:56 AM
I think that's the key point that folks need to be be sure to mention when they mention being offered this deal: Notification of the offer was random and all indications are that that was deliberate. There was evidently no intention to ensure everyone eligible was notified, i.e., no intention to provide every eligible guest with an invitation to take advantage of this offer. Folks who want to take advantage of it either need to be lucky or must learn about it in advance and then seek it out.

Luv2Roam
09-09-2007, 09:12 AM
I don't know that all the resorts, or even every room at the resorts, are getting notificiation (just from what little I know and read here and there). That is probably where the random comes in. Although it is on the TV channel that anyone who cares to while in their WDW room can watch.

The6ofUs
09-09-2007, 03:49 PM
We just returned from our trip. I didn't see a flyer in our room (at Pop Century), but one came in our blue folder with guest info and map - the one they give you when you check in. Check to see if it's there (if you still have it).

Edited to add: I did see the promo on Disney TV, but I don't think it specified what the offer was... just that it was a special offer for current guests and to call ext. 8844 for more information.

Traveliz
09-09-2007, 03:59 PM
We just returned from our trip. I didn't see a flyer in our room (at Pop Century), but one came in our blue folder with guest info and map - the one they give you when you check in. Check to see if it's there (if you still have it).

Edited to add: I did see the promo on Disney TV, but I don't think it specified what the offer was... just that it was a special offer for current guests and to call ext. 8844 for more information.

LOL I never even opened up my folder - I will check it later - I agree though the clip on the tv was very vague but for sure in the future I will pay attention to the resort tv channels!

I did book for next year so I am excited!

Liz

KJMAX1
09-09-2007, 07:16 PM
LOL I never even opened up my folder - I will check it later - I agree though the clip on the tv was very vague but for sure in the future I will pay attention to the resort tv channels!

I did book for next year so I am excited!

Liz

Ok we planned a grand gathering for next year. We wanted to go on the DP. I dont know what the difference its..I was hoping it was the free dining plan again. If so Id love to book and we leave in 10 days. I will be calling while there to ask. Has anyone book a family suite yet? Im trying to calculate the prices vs POR with trundle for us. Anyone know that yet? DH is gonna kill me if I plan all this!:lmao:

dodukes
09-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Well just got back today and the flyer was waiting in the room for us upon check in. I called and they verified that i was staying and i booked a 3 night pacakge ith 1 day tix and the deluxe dining plan at pop for $623.xx. I am sooooooo pumped to be trying ou thte dddp. It was 431 for the regular pacakge but we upgraded to teh dddp. So just wanted to confirm for a few taht asked, that yes, the deluxe ddp an be upgraded too. We figured it was a cost of 28 a day cuz the upgrade costs $32 (the ddiference from free regular ddp to the dddp) and the dddp includes a mug which at 12 bucks makjes the plan for us 28 a day. Not a bad deal and we get to try out 9 restaurants. (well maybe thats a lot for 4 days..lol)

laurabelle
09-10-2007, 05:10 AM
I just returned and wanted to let you know something I was wondering about before I left... they are continuing to allow you to get free dining for you entire stay if you're checking in on the last date of the offer (9/27/08). I'm only able to stay 3 nights, so I'm still within value dates.
I had a flyer in my folder at check in. It's also on the resort tv channel as stated. Seems like they are seeing how word of mouth promo works!;) There was limited availability at some of the resorts I checked into.

pinkerbell
09-10-2007, 07:53 AM
I just returned and wanted to let you know something I was wondering about before I left... they are continuing to allow you to get free dining for you entire stay if you're checking in on the last date of the offer (9/27/08). I'm only able to stay 3 nights, so I'm still within value dates.
I had a flyer in my folder at check in. It's also on the resort tv channel as stated. Seems like they are seeing how word of mouth promo works!;) There was limited availability at some of the resorts I checked into.

Thank you laurabell!! :cool1:
I posted this question a bit ago as we are hoping to book the last friday of the plan and go two weeks out. Do you know if it is still for 14 days?
Also, we are looking to stay at a value, preferably sports or maybe movies, this will be our first time there, but will take any we can get. DId you check the values, I am hoping there is still availability when we leave in 9 days and you mentioned it was limited at some resorts....
thanks again for answering that important question for me!!

disneyfav4ever
09-10-2007, 09:28 AM
I had a flyer in my folder at check in. It's also on the resort tv channel as stated. Seems like they are seeing how word of mouth promo works!;) There was limited availability at some of the resorts I checked into.I thought the date to check-in by was 9/28? I arrive 9/28, so if it's 9/27 I'm out of luck.

thunderbird1
09-10-2007, 09:55 AM
I thought the date to check-in by was 9/28? I arrive 9/28, so if it's 9/27 I'm out of luck.

I believe the last day to book the offer this year is 9/28, so you should be okay. The last day to check in next year under the offer is 9/27--that's probably where the confusion came from.

Only 11 more days until we get to book for next year--I mean, until our vacation! LOL.

ruthma
09-10-2007, 10:00 AM
I believe the last day to book the offer this year is 9/28, so you should be okay. The last day to check in next year under the offer is 9/27--that's probably where the confusion came from.

Only 11 more days until we get to book for next year--I mean, until our vacation! LOL.

Your wrong the last day is 9/27. Go to the 1st page and read the promotion.

jcemom
09-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Your wrong the last day is 9/27. Go to the 1st page and read the promotion.No, that's correct. The last day to check in for free dining in 2008 is 9/27. It can be booked this year through 9/28 for next year. If the inquiring poster is arriving on 9/28/07 he/she can book free dining for 2008 as long as they're checking in by 9/27/08. Clear as mud? LOL :rotfl:

ruthma
09-10-2007, 10:23 AM
No, that's correct. The last day to check in for free dining in 2008 is 9/27. It can be booked this year through 9/28 for next year. If the inquiring poster is arriving on 9/28/07 he/she can book free dining for 2008 as long as they're checking in by 9/27/08. Clear as mud? LOL :rotfl:

You are funny but you are correct. I had the two dates mixed up. thanks for clarifying....I have 9 days to go and looking forward to booking for free dining for 2008...

pinkerbell
09-10-2007, 10:26 AM
go to post # 4 on the first page and it states until the 28 per the flyer.. as I have not seen it I cannot say, but I think the OP is ok on the 28th, just call from you room As Soon As you check in!!!! ;)

jcemom
09-10-2007, 10:33 AM
You are funny but you are correct. I had the two dates mixed up. thanks for clarifying....I have 9 days to go and looking forward to booking for free dining for 2008...LOL, well I don't know that I clarified so much as muddled everything, but thanks anyway. I tried. I am also planning to book... 11 days to go for me! :goodvibes

laurabelle
09-10-2007, 10:36 AM
Thank you laurabell!! :cool1:
I posted this question a bit ago as we are hoping to book the last friday of the plan and go two weeks out. Do you know if it is still for 14 days?
Also, we are looking to stay at a value, preferably sports or maybe movies, this will be our first time there, but will take any we can get. DId you check the values, I am hoping there is still availability when we leave in 9 days and you mentioned it was limited at some resorts....
thanks again for answering that important question for me!!

I didn't ask about Value resorts, but from what I've read you can book them as long as there is availability. I was trying to book a standard view at WL. There were other category rooms, but no standards were available for my dates. I am not sure what the longest stay is, unfortunately it will be a short stay for us.

Yes, you can book bounceback before you check out of a Disney resort by 9/28/07. The last check in date for free dining is 9/27/08.

cc1013
09-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Hi all,

I originally booked 2 woods view room at WL through the bouceback offer for Labor Day weekend next year (8/30-9/3). When we returned home, DH said that he'd like to try another hotel since we just came back from WL. Even though he liked WL, he wanted to do something different. I didn't think CRO would let us switch b/c we had already checked out. Not the case at all. The CM knew of the bouceback offer and let us switch to a standard view at AKL (which was about $225 less in total for the two rooms) and keep the free dining. I actually called back to confirm the free dining plan was still on our reservation and was assured that it was.

Just wanted to let you know that apparently as long as you have a room held, you can make changes to the hotel and view after returning home.

:flower3:

disneyfav4ever
09-10-2007, 11:46 AM
I check-in this year on 9/28. So I guess I will be booking a 10 or 14 night stay, (is fourteen the max?) starting on or before 9/27, with the deluxe DDP.

dodukes
09-10-2007, 11:50 AM
Yes values are available cuz i booked pop for 3 nights.

RACHELSMOM1
09-10-2007, 11:57 AM

We have done the free dining twice. Each time we checked in on the last day of the offer and got the free dining for the rest. We are doing it this year too - check in on 9/28 and check out 10/05 - bounceback from last Dec. :banana:

lgaston
09-10-2007, 12:15 PM
I check-in this year on 9/28. So I guess I will be booking a 10 or 14 night stay, (is fourteen the max?) starting on or before 9/27, with the deluxe DDP.

Yes, i've read in another thread that one can book up to 14 nights. One CM confirmed it to a guest and said that he booked close to 15 resies with 10+nights. So you shouldn't have any problem getting it

lgaston
09-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Last year during the bounceback offer, some disers drove or flew to benefit from the promo. I was wondering if any of you was considering doing it again.

WDWBetsy
09-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Last year during the bounceback offer, some disers drove or flew to benefit from the promo. I was wondering if any of view was considering doing it again.

I'm going to be in Orlando visiting one of my best friends from high school, so I went ahead and booked my last night at Coronado Springs so that I could book the free 2008 dining promo. Can't wait!

MissMichelle
09-10-2007, 01:00 PM
I am pretty disappointed. I would have booked this in a second! We checked out or POR on the 2nd and when I got home I saw posters talking about recieving the flyers---We didn't :( Wonder if I should email or call and see what they can do as I would have taken advantage of this offer.

EllenJ
09-10-2007, 08:48 PM
We are making a spur of the moment trip in a few weeks but we will be staying in a DVC resort. Does anyone know if the bounceback offer will be offered to people staying at a DVC resort (I know if we can book it for 2008, we will have to stay at a non-DVC resort)? Just curious!

Sorry if I missed the answer to this but does anyone know if this will work?

danalee
09-10-2007, 09:01 PM
I have read a few of these threads, and I am I correct in understanding that this bounce back offer was also offered last year during free dining?:guilty:
The reason I ask is because it wasnt offered to us last year and was just sitting here wondering why?:confused3

jcemom
09-10-2007, 09:17 PM
It wasn't offered during free dining last year, but it was offered in December. I don't recall the exact dates.

danalee
09-10-2007, 11:06 PM
well arighty then that makes sense!;)
see what happens when you only read half a thread!:rotfl:
thank you :goodvibes

mickey2000
09-11-2007, 01:54 AM
Just got back! Each room at the POP starting on the 1st had this flyer in its welcome folder.
Booked two rooms for next year:cool1:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/diz/TuesdaySeptember1120072.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/diz/TuesdaySeptember112007.jpg

pinkerbell
09-11-2007, 06:22 AM
thanks mickey2000!!!!
that's great to see it...
Sometimes I think I'm dreaming!!!! ;)

n2mm
09-11-2007, 06:49 AM
Thanks for posting the flyer, that was really helpful (and official)

lgaston
09-11-2007, 07:33 AM
what flyer?? I can't see it:confused3

ruthma
09-11-2007, 07:38 AM
what flyer?? I can't see it:confused3

Post #199 shows the flyer..

angiedora
09-11-2007, 07:56 AM
The thing is, we don't know for sure if they'll offwer it to the public again next year. Bounceback and the UK offer may be enough since the Free Dining window is so small. Another reason to go ahead and book now is even if they do offer it to the public next year, they may not have availbilty at the resort of your choice. I'll be booking bounceback!

RACHELSMOM1
09-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks mickey2000. You just did a great service to us all!! :grouphug:

RACHELSMOM1
09-11-2007, 10:52 AM
I am pretty disappointed. I would have booked this in a second! We checked out or POR on the 2nd and when I got home I saw posters talking about recieving the flyers---We didn't :( Wonder if I should email or call and see what they can do as I would have taken advantage of this offer.

I would call and explain. It never hurts to ask!! We did it last Dec when we tried so hard to book from ASMu and no CMs knew what I was talking about. The day I got home I was on the phone, and explaining my frustration. We were able to book it then!!

lgaston
09-11-2007, 11:51 AM
Post #199 shows the flyer..

I did but don't see anything:confused3 Maybe because I,m at work. I dunno:confused3

lgaston
09-11-2007, 11:53 AM
I tried to book a trip for this weekend at Disney resort and there were no avalabilities except for the Fort Wilderness Cabin. Since I'm going to Disney only to book with bounceback I am wondering if I book at this resort for this weekend I'll still be eligible for free-dine.:confused3

thelionqueen
09-11-2007, 04:05 PM
So DH and I discussed this over and over, and it's FINALLY decided...we ARE going to book our bounceback next year upon checking in 9/22.:banana:

DH decided it was MUCH worth the money to make the ressie now than to watch me "live" on the DISboards waiting for the announcement next April:lmao:

Even though I am a cast member now and can get a discounted room, the free dining is still the best deal imho. So YIPPEE...go on vacation and put the deposit on our next...My vacation is going to be SWEEEEEET:woohoo:

....will definitely take away some of the "I don't wanna go home" bluespopcorn::

TheRatPack
09-12-2007, 07:14 PM
LOL, we discussed it for about an hour and then I was on the phone making ressies on our 3rd day there LOL We're taking advantage of the offer again (this will be the 3rd year of free dining for us) and we're so excited! We're really picking out some fav restaurants and I'm sure that is exactly what Disney is hoping for....when they pull the promo in a few years we'll be hooked!

We are checking in the last available date though, it was way too hot this year during the last of August and first of September.

pinkerbell
09-12-2007, 09:09 PM
I can't remember if my countdown is for this vacation or if it's for when I can book the next :lmao:

ruthma
09-13-2007, 06:38 AM
LOL, we discussed it for about an hour and then I was on the phone making ressies on our 3rd day there LOL We're taking advantage of the offer again (this will be the 3rd year of free dining for us) and we're so excited! We're really picking out some fav restaurants and I'm sure that is exactly what Disney is hoping for....when they pull the promo in a few years we'll be hooked!

We are checking in the last available date though, it was way too hot this year during the last of August and first of September.

Are there certain hours during the day that you can call. We are going on the 20th of this month and we will be at the parks all day. How late can you call.

Thanks

sugarlens
09-14-2007, 04:25 PM
We just returned from Disney on the free Disney Dining Plan. TOO MUCH FOOD!! We are still stuffed. popcorn::

We did book our trip for next year! We stayed at Pop Century and will be there again next September 7 to 12. It was $917 for the 2 of us, includes 5 nights/6 days at Pop, 4 day base tickets, and regular free dining (not deluxe).

We booked 2 rooms. One under my name and one under DH's name. I tried to book 2 rooms under my name, but the lady wouldn't let me. I made sure that I can cancel before 45 days of the trip with full refund just in case.

Can't wait for next year!!:cheer2:

KimberlyB
09-14-2007, 08:38 PM
Sorry, but that's not my understanding. I am booked for Sept.19-23 and I plan on using my credits to dine Sept. 23 and 24th. Where did you get that info??

disneyfav4ever
09-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Sorry, but that's not my understanding. I am booked for Sept.19-23 and I plan on using my credits to dine Sept. 23 and 24th. Where did you get that info??You can book the plan for next year as long as you check-in this year by 9/28. Next year you have to check-in by 9/27 for the "free" plan. Also, 9/22 was the last day to check-in for the "free" dining plan that Disney offered to the public. I'm checking in on 9/28 and will be booking free dining for next year. I also have free dining this year, since I booked it with last year's bounce back promo, and the last check-in date to be eligible for that was 9/29.

pinkerbell
09-15-2007, 11:42 AM
You can book the plan for next year as long as you check-in this year by 9/28. Next year you have to check-in by 9/27 for the "free" plan. Also, 9/22 was the last day to check-in for the "free" dining plan that Disney offered to the public. I'm checking in on 9/28 and will be booking free dining for next year. I also have free dining this year, since I booked it with last year's bounce back promo, and the last check-in date to be eligible for that was 9/29.

Wow, you summed it all up real well. Thanks for helping me clarify a few questions I had in my head. Especially since some said they could chick in for fre dining this yr after the 22nd, which I didn't understand, becuase I would have booked late, but now I see it was because I was on the public Free DDP and bounceback was offered a later check in (this is where I need a lightbuld emoticon)
thanks again

4 days till I try booking 2008 bounceback!

TheRatPack
09-15-2007, 11:51 AM
I tried to book it for next year using 9/28 as my check in date but it was a day off so I had to back it up to 9/27. It's roughly 2600.00 for 2 rooms, 2 adults, 2 Disney Adults and 3 children and 4 day base tickets. This year it was around 2300.00 for the same thing (except the youngest was 2 and didn't count). Oh and we're staying 7 days, 6 nights this year.

disneyfav4ever
09-15-2007, 07:33 PM
So I think I've definatly decided to go for twelve nights next year with the deluxe plan. I think I've figured that out to be the best deal for me, about $1,500 for the stay at a value, though I'm going to try and book Pop, since I like it slightly better then the All Stars. So it'd be about $1,500 for the room and a 10-day MYW hopper with water park option. (I may or may not get the water park option though. I'll have to think about that one.) Then if I book it with the deluxe plan that would be another $400 or so. I already figured out that with 2 table service meals a day, I can use up at least 30 credits, so using up credits should not be a problem. ;)

dreamn_Disney
09-15-2007, 07:47 PM
O.k. so I was all hyped and ready to use the dlx DDP for next year and then I got to looking over the amount TS meals we would really do and the cost and I am thinking I would be better of paying for a breakfast or two and just using the free DDP. It came to $742 to up grade and then there is the extra tips for extra sit down meals. The only real plus was the extra snack and the appetizer. I just feel we would end up using most of the extra credits for CS and I can do that a lot cheaper then $32 per day. Am I missing something here or is my mind on the right course?

disneyfav4ever
09-15-2007, 07:53 PM
O.k. so I was all hyped and ready to use the dlx DDP for next year and then I got to looking over the amount TS meals we would really do and the cost and I am thinking I would be better of paying for a breakfast or two and just using the free DDP. It came to $742 to up grade and then there is the extra tips for extra sit down meals. The only real plus was the extra snack and the appetizer. I just feel we would end up using most of the extra credits for CS and I can do that a lot cheaper then $32 per day. Am I missing something here or is my mind on the right course?It all depends on how you eat. I always do two TS meals a day when I'm not using the DDP, and will eat at a siganture restaurant at least every other night as well, so the $30 a night deluxe plan is a great deal for me, but maybe not for you.

dreamn_Disney
09-15-2007, 08:39 PM
All you bounce back DISer. Please click on the link in my siggie and join the Bounce Back Club. I will add you to the list and we can all get to know each other and I hope to plan a meet or two for next year.

TDC Nala
09-15-2007, 08:49 PM
We got the one day myw but its not a hopper.

Liz

Unless they've changed the requirements, you do NOT have to buy a park hopper ticket. A one day base ticket is sufficient.

And you can use the one-day ticket toward the price of an AP or AP renewal.

I am going for Labor Day next year but didn't book the deal when I was there. I'm going to use DVC points instead.

disneyfav4ever
09-16-2007, 08:46 AM
Unless they've changed the requirements, you do NOT have to buy a park hopper ticket. A one day base ticket is sufficient.

And you can use the one-day ticket toward the price of an AP or AP renewal.

I am going for Labor Day next year but didn't book the deal when I was there. I'm going to use DVC points instead.That's what I thought. I have a ten-day hopper I got with free dining this year, and am not using it this time since I still have a current AP.

scribega
09-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Just back from POFQ and did the bounceback for next year!
We are excited!!

hmillerbarilla
09-16-2007, 10:26 AM
We got back yesterday from CBR & booked the bounceback for next year at the Poly!:cheer2:

We had two rooms this year, Room 1: my sister, me & my kids. Room 2: My mom & her best friend. My sister & I each booked a room for next year and my mom booked a room for next year, and her friend (it was her first time ever at Disney) wanted to book & bring her whole extended family next year. She was able to call for the bounceback, and book 3 rooms at CBR for next September. She pressed the key for "grand gatherings" and they let her book all the rooms with the promo.

Can't wait!!!:yay:

thelionqueen
09-16-2007, 03:44 PM
We got back yesterday from CBR & booked the bounceback for next year at the Poly!:cheer2:

We had two rooms this year, Room 1: my sister, me & my kids. Room 2: My mom & her best friend. My sister & I each booked a room for next year and my mom booked a room for next year, and her friend (it was her first time ever at Disney) wanted to book & bring her whole extended family next year. She was able to call for the bounceback, and book 3 rooms at CBR for next September. She pressed the key for "grand gatherings" and they let her book all the rooms with the promo.

Can't wait!!!:yay:

Would you mind posting the cost and room type @ Poly? I know next year the weekends are slightly higher than weekdays, and we are trying to decide if we should get the great value at the "values" or go for our old fav Poly. Thanks

hotwheels
09-16-2007, 03:47 PM
do you have to actually be there? liek if i were to call i would not be able to get this cause im not in disney and didnt have free dining this time.?

kjetjl
09-16-2007, 05:55 PM
Thanks to the original poster. We just got back from 12 days at POP and we are getting free dining again next Sept. I would have not known about the bounce back offer had it not been for your post.
THANK YOU!!
We got no letter and the short "cooking up an offer for your future trip" (or something like that) on the WDW channel probably would not have grabbed my attention had I not been keeping my eyes and ears open.

TDC Nala
09-16-2007, 07:02 PM
do you have to actually be there? liek if i were to call i would not be able to get this cause im not in disney and didnt have free dining this time.?

Yes, you must actually be staying at WDW to call and accept this offer.

hmillerbarilla
09-16-2007, 08:13 PM
Would you mind posting the cost and room type @ Poly? I know next year the weekends are slightly higher than weekdays, and we are trying to decide if we should get the great value at the "values" or go for our old fav Poly. Thanks

Yes. All my reservation info is still in my sister's suitcase (at her house) so as soon as I get my info, I'll post it. I just booked a Garden view & 1 day/1 park tickets. I don't even remember what I am going to pay!:lmao:

wishesdocometrue
09-16-2007, 08:26 PM
We just got back this evening from 5 days at POP and the first thing I noticed when we checked into our room was the flyer regarding the bounceback for next year. It was right on the table in our room. I booked 2 rooms for POR for myself/hubby and one for sis and BIL...someone asked prices 616 for POP; 991 for POR; and 1981 for Beach club. These were for 5 nights 9/26-10/1 and 1 day base ticket

VLee
09-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Bummed? We were there 9/1 to 9/5 and received no word of it so missed out on next year's.
Was so busy getting off, I had not seen the first post before we left.
We return on 10/5, but it will be ended by then.
Oh well, maybe they will be offering something the end of December. We will be there for the fourth time this year-- would like to score free dining at least one time.

RACHELSMOM1
09-17-2007, 08:17 PM
Bummed? We were there 9/1 to 9/5 and received no word of it so missed out on next year's.
Oh well, maybe they will be offering something the end of December. We will be there for the fourth time this year-- would like to score free dining at least one time.

Call, explain, have your ressie number handy, sound pitiful, whatever you have to do, it can't hurt to ask!!! :yay:

pinkerbell
09-17-2007, 08:38 PM
VLEE I agree with rachels mom, it doesnt hurt to ask,

rachels mom, I love seeing you have posted so I can take another look at your princess, she is beautiful.

Smile4Me
09-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Call, explain, have your ressie number handy, sound pitiful, whatever you have to do, it can't hurt to ask!!! :yay:

I'm going to do exactly this because I was there 8/27 to 9/1 and had no clue bounceback was being offered! I would have jumped on it...so like you said, it can't hurt to call and ask!

momto2inKC
09-17-2007, 10:03 PM
We just returned and booked the bounce back offer for next Sept 20-28th!!! The flyer was on the table right when we walked in the room. We booked Pop again :cool1:

WDWBetsy
09-18-2007, 06:03 AM
Just returned last night from my 1 night stay at CSR. The bounceback letter and flyer were on our table. Of course, I immediately called and booked for next year!! Loved CSR and will be returning.

Thanks to the OP and all those who made me aware of this great deal!

disneyfav4ever
09-18-2007, 08:04 AM
Oh well, maybe they will be offering something the end of December. We will be there for the fourth time this year-- would like to score free dining at least one time.Why didn't you have "free" dining this time? You were within the dates.

wendylovesdisney
09-18-2007, 09:03 AM
Why didn't you have "free" dining this time? You were within the dates.

I know we did not have free dining because we got a discount on our room instead. Maybe that is what they mean.

blallred
09-18-2007, 09:04 AM
Why didn't you have "free" dining this time? You were within the dates.

I can't speak for the poster that you were asking but we aren't getting free dining during the the free dining period either. We got a 40% code instead and you can only do one promo at a time. It ended up being better than free dining. Maybe this is why they didn't get free dining either.

lgaston
09-18-2007, 10:46 AM
I got back yesterday from a 1 night stay at Disney Contemporary Resort. Unlike some of you, we got the free dining offer by e-mail. We'll be back Aug 30th 08 for 14 nights at POR.:cool1: :cool1: :woohoo: :dance3:

disneyfav4ever
09-18-2007, 11:08 AM
I know we did not have free dining because we got a discount on our room instead. Maybe that is what they mean.Yeah, you can't get "free" dining unless you pay rack rate for a room. Since I always stay at a value resort, the best discount I would've gotten is about $20 a night, "free" dining for two people is worth more then the $20 I could've saved on the room.

work2play
09-18-2007, 12:41 PM
We just returned from 5 days at the CBR, we are going back for 10 days next year! It was wonderful! There was not a flyer in the room, but dialing 8844 worked like a charm! Since we will be going back next September, but earlier than this year, we were able to upgrade our 6 day parker hopper passes to annual passes, and booked next year with just 1 day base tickets. This definitely was cheaper than buying two 6 day park hopper tickets in the same year! Thanks to all for the great advise!

hmillerbarilla
09-19-2007, 10:42 PM

I did the math and it looks like I'm paying around $340/night for the Poly. I figure though even if we got our rooms at a discount, we usualy do at least 1 TS/day we'd be spending the same amount on food to equal the cost of the room. So, it seems like a wash to me (with the deluxes). With a value, it is a great savings.

have fun whatever you decide!:goodvibes

pinkerbell
09-20-2007, 08:43 AM
Just returned home and thought I would share the good/bad news. Disney offered me free dining in 2008 if I booked my return trip before checking out on this trip. I had to book between 8-27 and 9-30-2008 for a 6 day 5 night stay. Basically it's a bounce back program from what I understand. The only catch is that the gratuity is not included in the dining plan in 2008. So I guess that means free dining will continue during hurricane seasons in the future.

Thanks to this poster, who posted the first discussion I saw about this offer and all the rest of you who have contributed!!
I just booked 2008 FREE DDP !!!!
now to put up a new ticker!!!

bgbodnar
09-20-2007, 09:15 AM
another question... can one book the bounce back with cash instead of a credit card?

Nope you can't I tired-believe it or not they don't take cash. :rolleyes1

I was at WDW twice during the free dining, once at the end of Aug with daughter, and 2 grandsons, at the All Star Music, the bounce back offer was not offered. I was back to Pop Century in Sept, and it was offered, the paper was in my welcome packet. I did book for next year, but am still not happy about tips not being included- I think it will be a big mistake of Disney's part.

strmtroopr96
09-20-2007, 09:28 AM

No, we weren't able to. I never got the chance to put the $$ in my bank account before our trip so was hoping we could just pay the deposit while at WDW. No such luck! We were at Pop Century from 9/7 to 9/15. Once we got home and put the $200 into my checking account, we were able to book the Bounceback Promo on 9/19. They didn't say anything about us not still being at WDW so I am thinking we got lucky and they didn't check. :confused3 But we are now booked for 9/12-9/20 at All Star Movies in 2008 with Free Dining. :wizard:

I really want to move up to a Mod this trip (we have done Values and mostly Pop Century for years now) but I just hate to spend $600+ more! LOL For that, we could do 16 days at a Value instead!! Haven't convinced my DH into that one though. LOL :rolleyes1

TheRatPack
09-21-2007, 07:32 PM
Does anyone know if you can add a day to your reservations after you've left? I did the bounceback for next year but thought about adding one more night...is it possible or should I just leave it alone? Thanks!!!

jojo14
09-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Absolutely - I just did it no problem. I think I read that you can't add days after the Sept 28 booking deadline.

TheRatPack
09-22-2007, 08:08 AM
Thanks...going to call today and add a day I think :)