PDA

View Full Version : DDP and trip that spans the new year-wanted to get the DDP experts' opinions!

BeccaG
08-31-2007, 03:49 PM
My family and I are traveling to Disney World December 29-January 4 and staying at our DVC resort. I was told on the phone by MS that since our vacation spans the New Year we will be charged the 2007 price for the DDP for our entire stay. But does that mean we will be under the guidelines for the 2007 DDP or does the 2008 DDP go into effect at midnight New Years Day? With the possible confusion, I am thinking of canceling the DDP all together. What are your thoughts?

bicker
08-31-2007, 04:23 PM
Best guess is that since you're checking in on December 29, the 2007 plan rules will be the one that applies to you, throughout your entire trip. The only exception would be if any restaurants aren't participating in 2008 -- that would start on January 1, and affect you regardless of when you checked in.

DisneyMomOK
08-31-2007, 05:28 PM
Becca, I had the same question (12/30-1/4). We are taking some friends and staying at AKL. The DDP would solve our meal problems (I booked two studios), but I need to know what to tell them the Plan involves. I repeatedly asked: does the Plan for 2007 stay in effect for the entire span of the res? MS assured me that it did, but won't it be confusing for the servers? How will they know that you checked in on Sunday when you are using you TS allocation on Friday?

Sharon

BeccaG
08-31-2007, 06:34 PM
DisneyMom, that was my concern exactly, how will the servers and restaurants know?

Allison
08-31-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm in the same situation. I was told when I booked I would have the 2007 plan for my entire stay for whatever that is worth.

The dates of your stay should be on your card so they would easily be able to tell.

I'm looking at my husbands card from our last trip and it says "2/13/07 to 2/18/07 ADULT"

BeccaG
09-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Thats right Allison, I totally forgot the date on the card!

dankevork
09-02-2007, 02:30 PM
The lady at WDW travel was very informative. She told me that as long as you start your vacation in 2007 that you will absolutely have the same rules for the entire length of your stay.

The reason I was asking was that I wanted to split the vacation in two to take advantage of the lower hotel rates effective 1/1/08, however she informed me of the change in the plan and that it would affect me if we started a new reservation. That alone was enough to keep me from doing it. I was very disappointed to hear that apps and tips will no longer be included in the price of the DDP, but it is only $1 cheaper...doesn't seem right. I knew that this DDP was too good to be true.

Anyway, that was off-point. We will be under the rules of 2007 for the length of the trip, I just wonder if the waiters will be aware or if we will have to inform them of that at each meal...what do you think?

Allison
09-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Anyway, that was off-point. We will be under the rules of 2007 for the length of the trip, I just wonder if the waiters will be aware or if we will have to inform them of that at each meal...what do you think?

I plan on pointing it out at the beginning of the meal just to make things easier for all involved.