PDA

View Full Version : kid's desserts at cs?

tessieg
08-29-2007, 03:43 PM
Hi!
The last two years we vacationed using free ddp. The kid's could choose a kid's meal and then a dessert off the menu. Is this still the case? I see some kid's menus list cookies or jello as available substitutions. I'm just unsure about kid's desserts now; I'd appreciate anyone who's been recently with kids under 9 who could clarify!

Thanks,
Tessie

Samandmom
08-29-2007, 05:30 PM
We were on the Dinning Plan last week. For the kids counter service they don't get a dessert like last year. They get to choose two sides with the main entree. (some the sides are carrots, grapes, cookie, jello, pudding, applesauce,

skater
08-29-2007, 08:58 PM
This isn't CS, but my "favorite" was when my DS couldn't get ice cream at Teppanyaki - it wasn't a big deal because I was too full to eat mine anyway, but I thought it was a little sad that a kid at the happiest place on earth couldn't order ice cream as part of the DDP :rotfl: .

Tam1067
08-29-2007, 10:24 PM
We were there in July and found differences in CS places.

Most had kids' dessert options, generally a pre-wrapped chocolate chip cookie, chocolate pudding, or jello. Sides were carrots, applesauce, or grapes.

At some CS places, the kids got a total of two choices, which could in theory be two desserts, two sides, or one dessert and one side. At some CS places, kids got two sides PLUS a dessert. In July, we found no consistent pattern.

My advice--when you order, tell the cashier you're on the DDP and then ask what you get with the kids meals. If you get the 'bonus' dessert, look at it as a treat. If you only get two items, then look at that as the meal you're entitled to.