PDA

View Full Version : I need suggestions!

2excited4words
08-29-2007, 03:12 PM
I have ADR's for Mama Melrose with Fantasmic, but I have about decided to not do the package because I am almost afraid to try MM's. The other two options for the package just don't appeal to me either. I still want to see Fantasmic, but I guess we will just have to wait in line and hope to get in and get a decent seat with the general population. (We are going the week after Thanksgiving). Anyway, can anyone suggest somewhere to eat dinner? Maybe a hotel that is close by or something because Sci-Fi nor 50's appeal to us either. A good counter service in MGM would be fine. Someone please help me make a plan!!

2excited4words
08-30-2007, 05:56 PM
C'mon, guys, help me!! Okay, tell me this? I just read that 1900 Park Fare may be changing characters at dinner to the step mother and sisters and my DD6 would probably really like that. We are staying at the GF so we could make a quick trip back to the room from wherever we are, eat, then go to Fantasmic. How does that sound? We are eating there one day for breakfast, but it would be totally different, right? Other suggestions, please!

BCV23
08-30-2007, 09:32 PM
I'm not sure why you're afraid of Mama Melrose. We have lunch there every trip. It's quite good with excellent service.

1900 is a buffet. If you're not doing any other character meals than maybe consider it. But I would not go back to the GF just for dinner at 1900. It won't be quick and...it's a buffet.;)

MrsGoofyMitchell
09-01-2007, 01:46 PM
I have heard lots of bad reviews for MM, but we love it! We eat there almost every trip and we did the Fantasmic package last year. We had some really good service, and I couldn't believe the amount of food we got, we couldn't even eat it all!

We got salad, a pizza appetizer, we both got chicken parmesean and then dessert! Then we got to walk right in to Fantasmic! I think it was a great deal!

allstarfan707
09-02-2007, 09:05 AM
I've been hearing people talk about the fact that they don't like MM's but I'm not really sure why. I don't think the food is bad and the kids all seem to like it. Last year we did the Fantasmic package for the first time and it was great:thumbsup2 I love the fact that you don't have to wait in line for all that time to get a seat. They tell you where to go and then they bring you in the back way. We had great seats and I was happy to see the show. (in the past I would specifically skip the show...don't really know why but had no interest). To see that show doing any package is good.

Microcell
09-02-2007, 09:14 AM
We are the same as you, and my DH gets at his most picky about how pasta is cooked (and boy is he picky) I just knew he would not like it. We decided to do a really late lunch at 50's which we like and cant miss!

We have done 1900 Park Faire, and was just looking at a picture of DD with Prince Charming (he kissed her, so sorry ladies, she is apparently a younger model of Cinderella that reminds me, I need to tell her to wash the floor, the windows, and to serve DS 5 at his every whim;) ) and I really liked it, but I am not picky, so you can guess what DH thought of it. It was comparable to Crystal Palace dinner in my book, but with Cinderella and that cute Prince Son in law to be!

Luv2Roam
09-02-2007, 09:33 AM
Good counter service and MGM don't usually go in the same sentence. ;)
If you really want the FDP, then I would go with MM.
Otherwise take a boatride to the Boardwalk, eat there, and return. :cool1:

medicgirl911
09-02-2007, 11:20 AM
We ate at Mama Melroses on our trip in June and it was fantastic! My daughter had spaghetti which she loves, the waitstaff was wonderfull and after not taking a break that day, we were never so happy to sit down for an hour and a half in the airconditioning. The waitstaff was great with helping some picky kids and adults get things that they liked, on the fantasmic dining package every adult gets an appetizer so we all shared a variety of them. This restaruant doesn't scream Disney, there are no characters, maybe thats why it seemed like one of the most relaxing meals of the trip ????:confused3

irongirlof12
09-02-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm doing MM with package, worth a try I reckon?