PDA

View Full Version : Coral Reef...what a nice surprise!

kathyg
08-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Aside from our wait for our reservation (1/2 hour), our experience here was so much better than expected. It's funny, though, that a seafood restaurant doesn't have more fish selections. Our server told us that the biggest seller here was the steak. I really wasn't surprised given the lack of food choices. Our party of six ordered, for appetizers, cod cake (enjoyed by both), lobster soup (very rich and enjoyed, but had a hint of cheese which I felt was misplaced), sea and land (pretty tasty), crab claws (just ok) and shrimp cocktail (greatly enjoyed). Our entrees included NY strip (ordered by three of us...very, very good), Catfish (very good), Tuna (very, very good), Shrimp pasta (ok). Desserts inlcuded chocolate wave (very good, but could have used some vanilla ice cream or some whipped cream), B&J mousse (yum), creme brulee (very, very good) and Bavarian cheesecake (another yum).

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised with Coral Reef. We were seated with a direct view of the tank (not directly in front where all the wanderers go) and our server was exceptional. Wish they would expand on their fish selections, but would definitley return!!!

irongirlof12
08-29-2007, 12:32 PM
good news, I have an adr here soon! :thumbsup2

milmore104
08-29-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm glad to hear this. We are celebrating our 10th Ann there in 22 days.

TheDisneyGirl02
08-29-2007, 02:37 PM
My family LOVED the Coral Reef. The setting was wonderful and the food was great! I had the Mahi Mahi and it was terrific! I am now a Mahi Mahi fan because of the Coral Reef!

My mom's NY Strip Steak was very good (I had a bit) and the dessert (I think the Chocolate Wave was what it was called) was flourless so she was able to eat that! We were very impressed by Coral Reef.

Minniespal
08-30-2007, 02:10 AM
Glad you had a good time ~ Thanx for posting.

natalielongstaff
08-30-2007, 06:40 AM
great review :)

emh1129
08-30-2007, 08:44 PM
thanks for the review :) we are looking forward to trying the coral reef for the first time in December.

Schucraig
08-30-2007, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the review!:thumbsup2

ntsammy5
08-31-2007, 09:11 AM
Great review. I've always like Coral Reef... one of Epcot's best IMHO

squitty
08-31-2007, 10:00 AM
Lovely review, we are eating here for the first time soon.

Microcell
08-31-2007, 11:46 AM
that is great!

disneyjunebug
09-01-2007, 08:44 AM
I love Coral Reef! It has always been one of my favorites! I usually get the steak there because I feel funny eating fish with other fish staring at me......

FyreFli64
09-01-2007, 08:57 AM
Thanks for this review! We will be eating at Coral Reef for the first time soon, and we're all looking forward to it!

Simba22
09-04-2007, 03:07 PM
thanks for posting...we have an ADR there on our October trip and we are glad to hear to you enjoyed it!

luvtogo12
09-04-2007, 04:26 PM
I was at the Coral Reef last week and I loved it! We got the NY strip and it was the best steak I have had in awhile. The steak was huge but I managed to finish most of it. ;) And ohhhh, the chocolate wave......so good.

abbybeth
09-04-2007, 04:32 PM
thanks for posting a positive review! We're eating there on Friday - the kick off of our trip and are greatly looking forward to it (It will be our first time at the Coral Reef)

Justntime
09-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Great review. Eating there next Weds glad to know what we can expect. Thanks again.

teslaaunt
09-06-2007, 08:42 AM
Thanks so much for your review. I am pleased to see a great review for Coral Reef. Our very first dinner reservation is there and I have been worried because it seems people have so many complaints. I am looking forward to my steak! There are 3 children in our party (10, 9, 7) and I think they will really like being able to look at the tank. Thanks again!!

familyS
09-06-2007, 11:24 AM
So good to hear great things about the Coral Reef.
I originally planned to include it in our next trip, then changed my mind after reading many poor reviews. Right befiore I made my ADRs I decided to add it back in, because I decided we should try for ourselves :) .

danjoan14
09-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the review. We'll be eating at the CR for the first time in November. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

stitchlover
09-07-2007, 01:29 PM
We make our reservations on 9/15 and it is on our list this time. DD cannot wait for the steak and the chocolate wave. I did notice they don't have a lot of seafood on the menu...you said the tuna was good? I love seafood and definitely want to eat some at CR!!!! Even though I will be afraid I'm eating someone swimming by the windows mom!

DisneyBride'03
09-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Just wanted to add....we had a wonderful dinner here on 8/31!! The best server ever! he was very attentive and great with our toddler:)
We were seated within 10 min of our arrival..a great booth right in front of the tanks!!
Unfortunately, some parents think its ok to allow the diners at the tables right next to the tank be disturbed by their kids!! Umm, there is a HUGE viewing area set up for that purpose over by Nemo!!
We really enjoyed it here..it was our first night and set the mood for our trip!

Justntime
09-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Just back and I agree. A great experiance. Seated on time and great view

Everyone had the steak and there were no complaints, tender, cooked right and great flavor.

I had the both soups and the fish cake appitizers. Kids only wanted dinner and could care less for the apps so I had 3. Lobster soup was creamy and chunky, the cucumber curry soup was smooth and bold.

The citrus brulee was wonderful, the wave was great and the mousse was ok.

Our server was attentive and prompt even though we were on the DDP.

I would give it an 8 out 10.

4mykids
09-18-2007, 11:16 AM
We had dinner at the Coral Reef on 9-1, and were very pleased. The kid's had the adult pasta with shrimp, my friend had the mahi-mahi, and I had the salmon (on the recommendation of the waiter). Our waiter was fabulous (cannot remember his name), and obviously had worked there for quite some time. Very attentive, yet unobtrusive. We had the land and sea and crab claw appys, the mouse, chocolate wave, and cheesecake for dessert.

This was the first time we dined at Coral Reef in years. It was very good, but very overpriced. Glad it was free dining. My daughter (13) and my bill would have been over $170 for the 2 of us!

jetdlj
09-18-2007, 01:46 PM
We ate at Coral Reef last October. It was probably the best food we had on the entire trip. It was suprisingly kid friendly too! We had 3 children (5yo and 3 yo twins). We had good seats and watching the fish kept them entertained! It was way more food than any of us needed though! :yay: