PDA

View Full Version : My son was treated like a KING!

sherabby
08-29-2007, 11:49 AM
We will definately be back to Disney again very soon! We miss it already! My son has multiple food allergies and he was treated like royalty. :cool1: :cool1: We had made dinner reservations at Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, Sci Fi Theatre, Shutters (at our hotel at CBR), and the Garden Grill. He had desserts that he never gets at home due to the allergies! He also did a happy dance for the special milk free Mickey waffle that they made for him on our last day! At Shutters he hugged the chef! I bet that doesn't happen everyday to a chef! We had a wonderful trip. My only complaint was at the back stage cafe at MGM where the cashier would not substitute a cold chicken plate for a hotdog off the adult menu. I should have asked for a chef but didn't. My fault. Our meals were excellent! The only one I really didn't care for was Crystal Palace. We also did the Rainforest Cafe that was not on the dining plan. My son was disappointed that they had no safe desserts for him but his meal was perfect! I read many bad reviews of the Sci-Fi and I have to admit it was very good! My husband had the ribs and I had a chicken sandwich with onion rings and boy were they ever good! My favorite meal though was at Shutters! The potatoes are out of this world! We ordered the coconut shrimp as our appetizer and it was a meal itself! The prime rib was excellent and my son was thrilled that they had chicken noodle soup! Overall our dining experience was excellent! I am sad to see the gratuity removed from next years plan. In a way I think it may hurt some servers? If they don't perform they won't get a good tip.....others may not tip as well at the 18% on the meal plan. I guess time will tell. We will definately be going back and using the meal plan too!

CJ
08-29-2007, 06:50 PM
I'm so glad your trip went so well!! Isn't it great when something you are so concerned about (your son's allergies) ends up working out just fine!:cloud9:

Thanks again for your report!

Pumbaa_
08-29-2007, 08:09 PM
Welcome to the DIS Sherabby!:cheer2: SO glad you found us

What a great experience for your son. Extra special to get so much positive attention when dealing with allergies.

thanks for letting us know about your wonderful trip:cool1:

Minniespal
08-30-2007, 03:12 AM
Welcome to the Dis.

Glad that your DS had such a positive eating experience.

natalielongstaff
08-30-2007, 07:39 AM
what a wonderful time you had :thumbsup2

sherabby
08-30-2007, 10:04 AM
Thank you!

bob6sims
09-08-2007, 06:38 AM
Sounds like you had a great time :hippie:

Thanks for sharing :woohoo: